Saartje

Lineage Advice

Thank you. smile.gif

So that means I need a 4th gen mate?

Yes. Count your caveborn as generation 1 and go from there. You need a matching gen 4 white.

@VampiricOmen

There are a few options that came to my mind:

Replace Hollies with Sunstones and Winters with female Moonstones

Replace Hollies with Sunstones and Winters with Frostbite

Replace Hollies with Sunstones and Winters with Ice Dragons

Or replace the Hollies with Heartseekers and keep the Winters... or also replace the Winters.

Thank you for the list of substitutes Tigerkralle, I like the last option with keeping the Winters but switching the Hollies with Heartseekers. I'll have a look around and see how far I can get with finding one from that lineage. At least with Heartseekers there's a slightly better chance of finding one.

@VampiricOmen - How about the chance of finding the reverse? Female Holly x Male Winter checker. I don't really know how possible that is, but seems it should work. I don't really think there is anything that matches well the red of the Hollies. Sunstone, Red, Royal Crimson all come up short in my mind. Maybe Heartseeker.

I think I have seen a female Holly x Winter checker around somewhere, although I can't recall where. If I'm not imagining things, that'd be a pretty good fit, an almost perfect replacement mate. I'll do some digging and see how far it gets me, even if I find out there isn't such a lineage it's somewhat better than forgetting about it.

The Reds look pretty good as per AGYK's mockup below, though I also like the idea of the Heartseekers.

Red x Winter would be good, I think. Here's a mockup.

Thank you very much for the mockup AGYK, the Reds do look like a fairly good substitute. I might pursue that if I don't have much luck with an alternative.

Thank you very much each of you for your suggestions! I'm sorry it took me a month to reply, I don't visit this part of the forums often.

Edited by VampiricOmen

Okay not sure if i want the Red egg to be a future male or female:

Option 1

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.ph...ate=arkts&style[border]=n

Option 2

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.ph...ate=F0nN6&style[border]=n

Help me, please!

Of the two lineages you linked, both look good but I give a slight preference to Option 1 (Red egg male). Since Winters are dimorphic and Reds are not, the Winters look better together in the middle of the CB generation, with the the Reds framing them.

So my son was breeding a prizefail for someone and instead got this.

What the heck should we do with it?

Edited by hamsterwoman

Wow, a failfail! xd.png A pretty one though, and a z-code as well!

Possibly give it a mirror mate from GW and bronze Lunars?

Wow, a failfail! xd.png A pretty one though, and a z-code as well!

Possibly give it a mirror mate from GW and bronze Lunars?

Ooh, that would be a pretty combination, and I think the dimorphism would work together well. Thanks, I'm going to try to breed him a mate like that!

Hello smile.gif

So... I was lucky enough one day to pick up this dragon off the AP. I was even more lucky to be gifted a perfect mate (this baby) during Valentines breeding. Aaaaaand... they refused. I will never be able to trade for a 2nd gen from Holy, this I know wink.gif

Do you, lovely people that know about lineages, have any idea what to do? I'd really like to find this special someone for at least one of them.

Hello smile.gif

So... I was lucky enough one day to pick up this dragon off the AP. I was even more lucky to be gifted a perfect mate (this baby) during Valentines breeding. Aaaaaand... they refused. I will never be able to trade for a 2nd gen from Holy, this I know wink.gif

Do you, lovely people that know about lineages, have any idea what to do? I'd really like to find this special someone for at least one of them.

Well, you should be able to still breed them during Valentines day. Pairings don't refuse on holidays.

Hello smile.gif

Maybe you try asking to the person who bred the pink to breed you a sibling, to mate with your rosebud?

Maybe you try asking to the person who bred the pink to breed you a sibling, to mate with your rosebud?

That... seems very reasonable, thank you Iside! I have to gather a bit of courage, but it's worth a shot. They seem to be less active now, I hope I won't bother them too much smile.gif

What's the ugliest combination of two dragons you can think of? I don't mean the dragons themselves are ugly, just that their sprites clash horribly with each other and do not go together at all. I want to do a really eye-wrenching checker, just for the heck of it.

Edited by Tecca

What's the ugliest combination of two dragons you can think of? I don't mean the dragons themselves are ugly, just that their sprites clash horribly with each other and do not go together at all. I want to do a really eye-wrenching checker, just for the heck of it.

I've had these two for a while and I find the color combos harsh to my eyes

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BDS12

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hR6Zi

yellow crown x colossus would also be cringe worthy IMO

Edited by Tawanda001

That's a pretty subjective thing, I think. To me, Magis create some pretty jarring combinations -- with Sunrise? Horse? Purple? Heart Stealer?

I agree with Tawanda001 on the old bright Pinks, too, but you can't make checkers with those any more.

Edited by purplehaze

Y'know at first I didn't even realize this guy has a Spriter's Alt in his lineage. I've had him for a month too, only realized till now!: http://dragcave.net/lineage/49IGJ

Then I bred him with http://dragcave.net/lineage/11RBe to get http://dragcave.net/lineage/tnmd6. iIt's messy but it's beautiful.

EDIT: OMG THE GIRL HAS JEWEL IN HER LINEAGE TOO WHAT.

Everything makes sense now.

EDIT EDIT: So it's inbreeding too then, but I don't care it's amazing.

I can breed them again if anyone wants one.

Edited by American-Dragons

I like both these breeds, but I think breeding them together would be just weird because they're so completely different styles:

user posted image

For colour clashes, I'd say Yellow-Crowned with Sunrise. Magi with Tangar is also a tad eye-hurting.

So, I got this lovely thing las Valentine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/iWrOj

But I do not have Frills to continue >_<

What do you think would make a nice mate for a faux checker? ^^

I've seen people use Vines/Dark Greens, if you like those.

Summer/Spring Seasonals, Fever Wyverns, & Pebbles/Greens probably wouldn't look bad, either. The Frill is distinct enough that there aren't too terribly close matches, which can be good & bad. Gives you a little bit more freedom to find a sprite you like. Here's a few paired with Frills so you can see how the sprites compare:

x Green

x Fever

x Gaia

I've seen people use Vines/Dark Greens, if you like those.

Summer/Spring Seasonals, Fever Wyverns, & Pebbles/Greens probably wouldn't look bad, either. The Frill is distinct enough that there aren't too terribly close matches, which can be good & bad. Gives you a little bit more freedom to find a sprite you like. Here's a few paired with Frills so you can see how the sprites compare:

x Green

x Fever

x Gaia

Oh!

A faux checker with Gaia would be neat!

The Green looks good too, tho tongue.gif

Thank you ^^

I'd likeke to hear more ideas if possible anyways, I haven't decided just yet smile.gif

Example with Pebbles (bred by s0r0k4): http://dragcave.net/lineage/LAMZc (I love it.)

Alternatives:

Green Nebula (if you want additional difficulty wink.gif )

Plated Colossus - although the male's pose is not as good as the female's to replace Frills.

Anagallis might work, too.