Saartje

Lineage Advice

Example with Pebbles (bred by s0r0k4): http://dragcave.net/lineage/LAMZc (I love it.)

Alternatives:

Green Nebula (if you want additional difficulty wink.gif )

Plated Colossus - although the male's pose is not as good as the female's to replace Frills.

Anagallis might work, too.

Green Nebb sounds like a great choice... But a little complicated xd.png

I think I'll go with Pebbles! The one you showed me is absolutely stunning! *0*

Hello! I rescued an egg from the AP and it already has a lineage, but i'm wanting to try to continue the lineage.. sadly I don't have what i'd need to do so.. here's the lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/tdXTE

Any advice you can give me is going to be greatly appreciated ^^

What's the ugliest combination of two dragons you can think of? I don't mean the dragons themselves are ugly, just that their sprites clash horribly with each other and do not go together at all. I want to do a really eye-wrenching checker, just for the heck of it.

Olives with Yellow Crown. So ugly together! xd.png

Hello! I rescued an egg from the AP and it already has a lineage, but i'm wanting to try to continue the lineage.. sadly I don't have what i'd need to do so.. here's the lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/tdXTE

Any advice you can give me is going to be greatly appreciated ^^

That looks familiar, I have a sibling. And the moons are right for breeding what I intended to do for a mate. Although it will be next month before I can try to breed the 3rd gen from the pair of eggs I got today.

I imagine others will come up with other suggestions but thanks for reminding me I was intending to breed this. I had kinda forgotten. rolleyes.gif

That looks familiar, I have a sibling. And the moons are right for breeding what I intended to do for a mate. Although it will be next month before I can try to breed the 3rd gen from the pair of eggs I got today.

I imagine others will come up with other suggestions but thanks for reminding me I was intending to breed this. I had kinda forgotten. rolleyes.gif

Oh wow heh, that's pretty cool. ^^ Glad to have reminded you, even if it was by accident haha ^^

Alright, so I've been working on my pygmy lineage for a year or two now. Here's where it is currently at. I've finally decided to start over and add the Magelights in. However, I'm not sure where to add them in where they'll look best. Do you guys think they'll look best between the orange pygmies and Misfits or between the Misfits and the Seawyrms?

I'm pretty stuck with this right now. I'm not even sure they'll look nice in the lineage itself, but, at the same time, I want all of the regular pygmies in there. Advice/opinions would be really appreciated.

Edited by Smurf

Wow, that's a lot of pygmies! biggrin.gif it looks great!

I'd put magelights between normal pygmies and the misfits myself, because Magelights are a warm kind of green, close to applegreen smile.gif

Maybe you can put the tiles together in a picture and see what you like best?

How do I best continue this so it looks nice and offspring have some value?

I think the fact that it is a thuwed and a lower generation already gives it a higher value. I would find it a female magi dragon. Just so the lineage will look a bit cleaner and make it look as though the switch from magi to black dragon is on purpose.

But of course that's just my opinion. smile.gif

I was wondering how to continue this one. The lineage looks so...complete already

I was wondering how to continue this one. The lineage looks so...complete already

I usually don't continue that kind of a lineage. But what I see some people do is find or breed a second lineage of the same sort and breed them together. Here is an example that was gifted to me. http://dragcave.net/lineage/L0jx1 That particular one was intentionally inbred and the pattern is repeated 4 times, but you get the idea.

Edited by purplehaze

I grabbed this gorgeous baby from the departures thread yesterday, even knowing I can't really do a darn thing with it lineage wise. Because.. so pretty!!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BLTkI

BUT.. I don't want it to live a sad, lonely, solitary life. No dragon deserves that!

What would you all suggest as a mate? There is zero way to replicate the 1st gen, aside from the River dragons. laugh.gif I don't care about trade value, just creating a pretty mate for him/her.

Thanks!

Can you guys throw me two random breeds that probably no one has thought to do a checkerboard with?

I need a few new lineage projects, but I'm stumped as to what to do. And I want to try something that hasn't been done 100x over.

Please no Pygmys, Two-Heads, or Drakes.

Water and Brimstone. Don't remember any lineage projects seriously using thise. At least in a non-hybrid context...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Water and Brimstone. Don't remember any lineage projects seriously using thise. At least in a non-hybrid context...

Thanks! I'll try that combination. smile.gif

How about...

Pillow x Stone

Olive x Cassare

Sunrise x Waterhorse

Imp x Moonstone

I don't think I've seen many of any of those. owo

How about...

Pillow x Stone

Olive x Cassare

Sunrise x Waterhorse

Imp x Moonstone

I don't think I've seen many of any of those. owo

Those suggestions are great! Thank you, Sock! Now I have some new ideas to strive for. smile.gif

OK. I have been struggling to come up with an idea of a mate for this fellow:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WFq2b

I wanted green, but couldn't just dump him when he turned out purple. I just don't know what would look pretty. I thought the green nebula nicely complemented the blacks, but I don't know what I want to do for his mate. Suggestions?

ETA:

I wanted green, but couldn't just dump him when he turned out purple.  I just don't know what would look pretty.  I thought the green nebula nicely complemented the blacks, but I don't know what I want to do for his mate.  Suggestions?

Yes, this may sound horrible, but if you really like the black/green combo what you should do in the future is if they don't turn green you can freeze the hatchie, trade the hatchie or try again. That is the one problem with nebula lines. They don't always work on the first try. However, someone could breed you a similar mate, but if you really want this line to be perfect, and since you let it grow into an adult (remember those other options in the future) and don't want it on your scroll... you can release it. You can also use it as zombie fodder for the new zombie changes, but wait until midnight for the revive.

I hate to say that, but if it's perfect you want, in the future trade or regift the miscolored nebula hatchling in the future, using stun to keep it from growing up longer if necessary. People LOVE miscolored nebula hatchlings. And then you try again. With the new release of zombie love, I'd make it a candidate if you just bear to keep it on your scroll. Or leave it there for now and consider your options later. But I'd rebreed and try again.

Or ask someone to rebreed you some mate options in the gifting forums so you have more chance for successs.

Hey I forgot about this thread and I love it. I mean, there are a lot of places you can go for lineage advice, and a lot of different threads. I like that this kinda encapsulates several options in one (even though some threads might be more or the same helpful on specific cases, I like that this one is general and gets lots of activity and responses). So gonna link A++ thread, I'll keep an eye on it and I really love that there is one good starting place people can go for lineage advice.

Cuz I've had a lot of people ask me "So how do I get started on lineages or breeding or what do I do"? and there is a list of like 10 places I go to give them references. I like that this place is more general that, while I still want them to check out other places, at least I can point people in this direction and know they can get some kind of active feedback and great advice and get pointed elsewhere if I didn't do a good job myself in getting them the info and/or confusing them.

Yes I feel like I'm writing an ebay feedback for a thread forum. It is still helpful. AND .... I hope people keep it on their radar as I continue my project of slowly creating ... an entire forum directory?? No that's not really what I am doing. I just like to link threads that are really helpful for certain topics of which I've chosen. Someone else can have that project if they are really that ... interested.

Thanks for everyone who helps here!

Edited by natayah

I wanted green, but couldn't just dump him when he turned out purple. I just don't know what would look pretty. I thought the green nebula nicely complemented the blacks, but I don't know what I want to do for his mate. Suggestions?

Maybe a reverse version. Starting with Purple Nebulae in the first generation then breeding until you get a Purple Neblua and then breeding a Green Nebula.

Alternate idea 1:

Replace the Green Nebula with Green Gemshards and the Purple Neblua with a Blue Gemshard or Red Gemshard whatever you prefer. But that will be similar painful to get the right colours then with Nebula breeding.

Another alternate idea 2:

Replace the Blacks with Deep Seas and keep the colours and postion of the Nebulae the same as in your linked lineage.

I wanted green, but couldn't just dump him when he turned out purple.  I just don't know what would look pretty.  I thought the green nebula nicely complemented the blacks, but I don't know what I want to do for his mate.  Suggestions?

I would try to get a Nebula egg with an identical lineage (Green Neb x Black) and influence it female. No matter if she goes blue or orange, she will be a matching "not-green Nebula" mate for the purple one. smile.gif

And then I'd influence their offspring female and hope for the other color, to get something like this (orange and blue Nebula could be interchanged):

user posted image

I would try to get a Nebula egg with an identical lineage (Green Neb x Black) and influence it female. No matter if she goes blue or orange, she will be a matching "not-green Nebula" mate for the purple one. smile.gif

And then I'd influence their offspring female and hope for the other color, to get something like this (orange and blue Nebula could be interchanged):

user posted image

If you are interested in going this route, send me a PM. I have a Green Neb x Black checker lineage and would be glad to try to breed you a Neb from it. smile.gif

Could someone please help me with some good lineage ideas for pyro (either gender) and Aegis (enraged)? Preferably with example link/images if you have any readily available. Thank you!

@Amaterasu-sama

I only have two children for my for eternity enraged Aegis:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/6Ap60 with Cassare

and with Seragamma Wyvern https://dragcave.net/lineage/9mIxq

I have this Pyro:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EBStM so a Magma Pyro checker would be great, but with my longtime project and as a Holly Contest participant i don't have time to get more Xenowyrms or Magmas.