Saartje

Lineage Advice

Could someone please help me with some good lineage ideas for pyro (either gender) and Aegis (enraged)? Preferably with example link/images if you have any readily available. Thank you!

I think the enraged Aegis looks great with Seragammas (like the one Tigerkralle linked).

(Enraged Aegis x Seragamma checker plan)

Some other ideas:

Pyro checkers with Desipis:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tweVN

http://dragcave.net/lineage/IDOgb

Enraged Aegis x Caligene (planned with old lineage view)

Hellfire x Pyro (... with Aegis/Desipis base)

Thank you everyone! All of those are pretty nice! And I agree PF4E, should have started with aegis x pyro, they do look good! xd.png

What about some contrast colors? If I wanted to make something with a colorful mate for sake of having the opposites stand out, then what would you think make a good option? I was thinking perhaps undine... but I am kind of already working on another blackish holiday x undine and wanted to try something new.

What about some contrast colors?

Depends on what colors you like of course, but here are some ideas to look at:

Aegis x Aria

Aegis x Spessartine

Aegis x Sunset (I don't really like this one, but it does have colors. wink.gif )

Aegis x Tsunami

Aegis x Green (Pebble)

Aegis x Gold Lunar (Not that much contrast, but I think it looks nice.)

(I love lineage planning way too much. ^^)

Pebble also has the advantage of having the same facial expression as enraged Aegis xd.png

Could someone please help me with some good lineage ideas for pyro (either gender) and Aegis (enraged)? Preferably with example link/images if you have any readily available. Thank you!

If you're interested in looking through the original threads...

Aegis Breeding Plans: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=172723

Xenowyrm Breeding Plans: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=169437

Any lineage previews will be with the old layout, though. ^^

Also, E Aegis x Pillow!

Pyro x Colossus

What about some contrast colors? If I wanted to make something with a colorful mate for sake of having the opposites stand out, then what would you think make a good option?

Fever? Those combine well with a lot.

I would try to get a Nebula egg with an identical lineage (Green Neb x Black) and influence it female. No matter if she goes blue or orange, she will be a matching "not-green Nebula" mate for the purple one. smile.gif

And then I'd influence their offspring female and hope for the other color, to get something like this (orange and blue Nebula could be interchanged):

user posted image

Thanks for the idea! I think I was so hung up on the idea that a female nebula would automatically break the pattern, but I think I like this.

I'd gotten a little distracted with the August release.

But at least now I've got something that I can start working on (although I do have a trade offer in the trading section up ... one of my other breeding projects gave me the wrong species again).

I want to build a mate for this egg.

I'm thinking reds and blues, maybe? I really want to try to get spriters alt base pairs for 1st gen in those colors...which could be challenging.

Any ideas?

Okay i really don't know what to do with this Heartstealing from Guardian of Nature. I have one male GoN myself and in the Valentine season i will get another Heartstealing but then?

@diablokitty

Though one. But what about this

Lumina
                    Dark Lumina
                                       Black Halloween breed other then desipis
Dark Lumina

Tan Ridgewing
                    Dark Lumina
                                       Dark Lumina

Silver Lunar Herald
                 Silver L. Herald
                                       Chocolate Lunar Herald
Silver LH

Silver Lunar Herald
                 Silver L. Herald
                                       Sapphire Lunar Herald

And for the fourth gen then a Silver Lunar Herald or a Dark Lumina whatever you like more. Lunar Heralds breeding should be easy if you use the cycler that i use in my signature or this thread. As for the Dark Luminae... that's another story but my personal working theory is the darker the light of the moons the darker the (Dark) Luminae. And the actual ratio is spitting out more Dark Luminae.

Okay i really don't know what to do with this Heartstealing from Guardian of Nature. I have one male GoN myself and in the Valentine season i will get another Heartstealing but then?

Faux checker, I would say, so basically something with another reddish dragon in the base that actually does make an Avatar. Advantage of that is that you can actually choose the Avatar you'd like the most for it, and go from there.

You could for example get Avatars from Rosebud (Change), or from Almandine (Creation) though that might be difficult to get with prolific Pyralspites, or from Sunstone or Red (Destruction).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

How about something like this:

user posted image

(Replace the Nebula and Rosebud with anything else you like.)

I have a question regarding lyrics lineages:

When planning one of these, how do you go about it? Do you first collect the text chunks? The dragons? Is there anything I should pay attention to when trying one of these?

I would always reserve the names first so I don't have to worry about them being taken by the time I finished breeding the lineage.

(Disadvantage: it takes away some of the motivation to finish the project as soon as possible. I have a poem on nameholder hatchlings waiting for the actual dragons to be bred since last year...)

If you do music or quote lineages, how do you set it up so that it's the most readable? (Picture example would be super helpful <3)

If you do music or quote lineages, how do you set it up so that it's the most readable? (Picture example would be super helpful <3)

I always thought it was left to right... But each generation is read down... So

So start with the highest gen. Then read the father, then mother and then the fathers father.. then fathers mother and so on.

Could be wrong, but thats what I see many do.

I always thought it was left to right... But each generation is read down... So

So start with the highest gen. Then read the father, then mother and then the fathers father.. then fathers mother and so on.

Could be wrong, but thats what I see many do.

I agree with with - left to right is easier to read, so that's what I usually do.

I have, however, done right to left, if it fitted the structure of the lyrics better.

I would definitely encourage to go top to bottom, though, otherwise it becomes really difficult to read. :-P

As for the order of working: if you're going for a well-known text, using name-placeholders might be a good idea. Otherwise, it's probably unnecessary (I never use placeholders). In any case, at least checking whether someone else has already done this text before you start is good. smile.gif

It's usually also a good idea to make a plan of how to distribute the lyrics among the dragons, though. (I usually use a text file to break the lyrics into chunks of the right size, to make sure I end up with the right number of names.)

Me, I start with the plan, then go collecting, and usually name the dragons either when they've successfully produced offspring, or when the whole lineage is done (so I know there will be no more swaps because of incompatibility issues).

Edited by Lastalda

Huh, with my only lyric lineage I have done so far I did from right to left because I thought it was easier that way blink.gif . Don't ask me why.

Agreeing with Lastalda, however, that from top to bottom is the best.

It is also important to figure out how many generation you have to breed to fit all the lyrics you want. A spreadsheet isn't a bad idea to see how one can break up the lyrcis so every dragon actually has a name. If one of the names is already taken because it is for example a well-used phrase you can play around a little bit and add one or two words from one name and remove it from the next dragon (or the other way around).

ETA:

Anyone has any idea what to do with this Holly here? I thought about breeding a mirror mate, replacing the Hollies with Royal Crimsons but I would be glad to hear any other ideas.

I don't think I can actually breed a pure Thuwed mate since there aren't enough left for a non-inbred mate. tongue.gif

ETA2: The one time I don't check it... it should now link back to the right dragon, thanks for telling me smile.gif

Edited by Flaviel

ETA:

Anyone has any idea what to do with this Holly here? I thought about breeding a mirror mate, replacing the Hollies with Royal Crimsons but I would be glad to hear any other ideas.

I don't think I can actually breed a pure Thuwed mate since there aren't enough left for a non-inbred mate. tongue.gif

That links back to your poem lineage, not your Holly. huh.gif

My first thought is to do a complete mirror. except for the alt black (normal black dragon) and hybrid pair (bluna = water and shallow water = magi)....

But that may be difficult to find, especially if your looking at the hollies. But like you said, you can always swap them out with crimson.

ETA:

Actually, I'm afraid that at this size, the mirroring will not really be visible at all, so any colourfull even 6th-gen should be just as fine as a mate, preferably a Gaia-ish lineage rather than anyhing with chequers... (I see there is a pattern there, but it takes some intensive staring to find it. If the mate follows a similar patern, that's awesome, but I wouldn't put too much importance on it.)

Although if you do like the joy of making mirrors, go for it! :-D (The CB alts/hybrids and the Valentine will need replacing, too.)

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, that's what I feared as well, that the mirror would be quite lost at this size but I might do it anyway rolleyes.gif Well, I have nearly a whole year left to find/breed a mate.

This: https://dragcave.net/lineage/umluk

Was thinking of doing a complete mirror - until I forgot that holidays can't mirror... I thought of doing some type of checker, but was thinking what else can I do (and in your options, what would you influence this? female?)

I would personally lean towards influencing female, but I think you could work something pretty either way.

Here are the first two ideas that immediately popped into my head: re-create it and breed a male moonstone mate or mirror the common mates. I personally think just mirroring the mirrorable mates looks really nice.

I would personally lean towards influencing female, but I think you could work something pretty either way.

Here are the first two ideas that immediately popped into my head: re-create it and breed a male moonstone mate or mirror the common mates. I personally think just mirroring the mirrorable mates looks really nice.

OMG Sock! Why you do this!? the first one was what I was thinking of, and it does indeed work. However the second... My gosh, it looks so wrong its right. Decisions decisions... laugh.gif

Thanks for that, including the time to include the lineage view!