Saartje

Lineage Advice

@Shadowdrake: If you are looking for something with more common breeds, I think Winter Magis do look good with Luminas, Seragammas, Pillows or Grays.

@MyrrhDarkwing: I would try to get more Whites from Spriter's Alts or normal Holidays, from Tinsel, Shimmers and Metals and from Hollies and Reds. If you like, I could breed a sibling of this for you.

I want to do a Ribbon Dancer checker and a Wrapping Wing checker, but I am not sure with what. Tried out a few in paint and so far, these are my favourites:

user posted image

With Lumina would be a Wrapping Paper x Wrapping Paper checker (as far as I know, the Spriter of the Lumina wanted to make them a Wrapping Paper themed Christmas dragon first).

With STD might be a little bit unusual, but I like their poses together and they have both somehow shiny wings. And this combination reminds me of these. Resulting in getting hungry for sugar when I look at it.

And with Tsunamis... I think it looks like they are flying towards each other. And both have large, patterned wings. And the colors have a nice contrast.

So what do you think?

Edited by Claudii

My friend acquired this gorgeous Holly through the AP and he and I are going to be taking the next year to breed it a mate. This White is going to be one of the second-gens for that mate; what other sorts of base pairs do you think would be good?

There are lots of reds and whites in there paired with holidays, so I would go with that theme. If you are interested I could breed you a sibling of this, which has another holiday spriter's alt.

@ Claudii - I like the Luminas myself. There is a something about the shape of them that makes it a pleasing combination.

Edited by purplehaze

@Claudii

I like very much how wrapping wings look like with blue themed dragons.

Of your lineages my favourite is the one with tsumanis, both for the color contrast and the similar pose with large flying wings.

Another combo I like very much is with winters, like here http://dragcave.net/lineage/YF3TA

I've just caught this holly from the AP

how should I continue ?

A) influence it female and continue with male horse then male red?

cool.gif influence it male and continue with female horse then male red?

C) other suggestions?

I'm leaning towards A and a 3 down /3 up spiral with alternating horses and reds

What do you think

I've just caught this holly from the AP

how should I continue ?

A) influence it female and continue with male horse then male red?

cool.gif influence it male and continue with female horse then male red?

C) other suggestions?

I'm leaning towards A and a 3 down /3 up spiral with alternating horses and reds

What do you think

I think you should go with option A. I haven't really seen the other options work well in lineages and the alternating spiral is a safe bet.

Okay, now I need some help. I'm getting my first 2nd gen from a spriters alt (the brown shadow walker) but I'm not sure what the mate should be. I'm thinking something uncommon, maybe a hellfire, so I can continue the lineage but I could also continue it with cb metals and I haven't really given it much thought sad.gif

Edited by Sarah864

@velvet_paw: I would also go for option A.

@Sarah864: Maybe Seragammas look good with Brown Shadow walker, too? But Hellfire also seem to fit.

Thank you, purplehaze and Iside, for your advice! I will do a checker with the female Tsunamis, maybe I will do the Lumina one in another year.

My friend acquired this gorgeous Holly through the AP and he and I are going to be taking the next year to breed it a mate. This White is going to be one of the second-gens for that mate; what other sorts of base pairs do you think would be good?

I can happily provide you some third even-gens from spriter alt/cb holly bases, if you wish. smile.gif

This has been on my mind for a while and this topic is probably the best place to ask.... http://dragcave.net/lineage/MnbDS

This Gold Tinsel of mine has a rather lovely lineage, and it seems like a shame to just breed her to any old thing and mess it up. But...good lord I don't even know how to START breeding her a mate....

This has been on my mind for a while and this topic is probably the best place to ask.... http://dragcave.net/lineage/MnbDS

This Gold Tinsel of mine has a rather lovely lineage, and it seems like a shame to just breed her to any old thing and mess it up. But...good lord I don't even know how to START breeding her a mate....

Well, to start with you will need four 5th gens from stair lineages (two with all male CBs and two with female CBs. Then you breed those together to make two V shapes and finally breed the results of those two breedings together into a line that will match your lady's. It is pretty easy to pick up ready-made stair lineages in the AP -- often Shimmer and Tinsel fails, or metal fails. The trick is getting them all the right length and figuring out how to influence each of them to get the result you are looking for. You can try to more or less match the colors in her lineage or you can just use 4 random combinations. Either way it will look nice when it is done. smile.gif

So I've narrowed it down to http://dragcave.net/lineage/DQ5qG or http://dragcave.net/lineage/e1JY9 or one with Nhio. Which one do you think I should get?  unsure.gif
I did a mock-up lineage view with the Nhio and I think I like it the best. http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...ate=c2N5h&style[bg]=y&style[border]=n Edited by purplehaze

Well Purple (May I call you that?) it sounds easy when you put it that way... but I have to admit I've clicked my fair share of AP eggs and personally, nice stair lineages like you're describing seem to avoid me.... Maybe I'm not looking in the right places or at the right times though...

Well Purple (May I call you that?) it sounds easy when you put it that way... but I have to admit I've clicked my fair share of AP eggs and personally, nice stair lineages like you're describing seem to avoid me.... Maybe I'm not looking in the right places or at the right times though...

Sure, I answer to that. wink.gif

I do a lot of AP trolling and I have picked up a lot of them. I am usually looking for white eggs, but I have seen other colors, too. Of course you could always build your own stairs with whatever dragons you like, but it would take longer.

I had considered building my own at one point but... I don't think I have the patience to breed the mate from scratch! I'm not sure how some people manage, honestly.

I had considered building my own at one point but... I don't think I have the patience to breed the mate from scratch! I'm not sure how some people manage, honestly.

If you wanted to mirror it, it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to trade for a quartet of 5th gen stairs like that. Afterwards all you would have to do is breed the various lineages together in the same combo and bam! You've got your mirror. It wouldn't even have to be all of the rare breeds/metals/prizes, you could gather up a few kin that would fit well into what's already there and have a common/uncommon mate no problem. The big trick would be doing to the silver "frame" legs on the outside with the more golden colors towards the interior.

I want to make a mate for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/8Yzd8 - It was gifted to me by a very kind user and I would like to do as much as I can to get a suitable mate, so I can breed and gift offspring next Christmas.

Would a 4G Summer from Spring parents, Winter grandparents and Autumn great grandparents be a suitable mate? I will have to build one starting with four (or more in case of refusal) 2G Winters from CB Autumns. Visual representation of aforementioned mate with the above Holly: Linked for size.

Thoughts and or opinions would be very much appreciated. I'm fairly new to the EG lineage building scene, despite having a bunch of lineage goals that haven't gone far.

I think that would make a very appropriate mate for your beautiful Holly. smile.gif

Iside, I think I would go with female and breed it with a CB skywing. That will continue its pattern and I think would look better than the other option. The generation after that would get bred with a gen 2 skywing.

I think that would make a very appropriate mate for your beautiful Holly.  smile.gif

Thank you for the confirmation, purplehaze, I appreciate it! happy.gif

Iside, I think I would go with female and breed it with a CB skywing. That will continue its pattern and I think would look better than the other option. The generation after that would get bred with a gen 2 skywing.

That was my first choice too. I'll do that way, thank you for the confirmation smile.gif