Saartje

Lineage Advice

Laura-Lana - is your 1th (oneth) supposed to be a 1st (first)? I keep thinking you're trying to say 11th but missed a one.

A hyper stair? I have never heard that term for them before. I have heard "double step," maybe we should get this defined and settled on a lineage term on site or on wiki so after that there's an official reference laugh.gif I don't have one with stripes, but I've got a waterwalker lineage who I think is like what you're talking about ~ Lineage. I just doesn't color change like stripes.

Thank you both for your help. I will definitely check out your scrolls. It might take me a little while to get back with you as I have quite a few errands I have to run today.

I'm thinking of making a checker with this kind of thing.

Would it look nice?

I think it would smile.gif

I'm thinking of making a checker with this kind of thing.

Would it look nice?

I think that would make a very striking combination. smile.gif

Because i have no CB Snowangel, i'm unsure how i should continue this little one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/seCgQ

Is breeding it to a White really the only nice option or should i use something else?

I think it would definitely look good continued with a White, especially since the mother was a White. The colors match the Snow Angel already. :3

Because i have no CB Snowangel, i'm unsure how i should continue this little one:

Is breeding it to a White really the only nice option or should i use something else?

I'd recommend waiting for the christmas release, it may be a white one.

@purplehaze: Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just breed both as backup and then decide.

Of course white isn't your only option, nor is snow angel. At this point there's only one of each, so nothing is set. I would keep with the white theme that's been established, but I see no reason why Lumina or Stripe wouldn't work for this.

Oh, i really like the Stripe version. smile.gif I didn't thought of that option, it fits quite well with it's little bits of yellow!

Thank you all for your suggestions, it's very much appreciated!

Oooh, yes!

biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone, now I must just begin gathering CBs x3

Thank you for your input about my Yulebuck, Sarah864 and purplehaze. I think you are right and I am going to breed him with a Spring this Christmas. The offspring will be for gifting and I want the baby to look pretty. smile.gif

Laura-Lana: is this the kind of lineage you are talking about when you say hyperstair?

That's perfect, thank you!

Draketeeth thanks, your example would have worked too. You are right it would be nice to have an official name for that kind of breeding. I know it as Hyperstair or it might have been Superstair (hyper is greek origin and super latin, but both mean basically bringing things to the next level, and that meaning was what I remembered), but I wouldn't object to Doublestair.

(hyper is greek origin and super latin, but both mean basically bringing things to the next level, and that meaning was what I remembered)

Phrased that way, the name makes a bunch more sense now. Thanks for explaining it out.

Good luck with your project!

With the Christmas season coming up, I have a few little questions. Generally I usually breed my Yule to Stripe because I love the combo, but I don't know if anyone else is as crazy about it. Should I keep the stripe mate, or breed to either white/red/crimson?

As for the wrapper wings, I have no idea what to do with them. Anyone got a good combo there?

Thanks smile.gif

With the Christmas season coming up, I have a few little questions. Generally I usually breed my Yule to Stripe because I love the combo, but I don't know if anyone else is as crazy about it. Should I keep the stripe mate, or breed to either white/red/crimson?

As for the wrapper wings, I have no idea what to do with them. Anyone got a good combo there?

Thanks smile.gif

As far as the wrapping wings I was planning on pairing mine with royal crimsons.

Yule bucks with stripes are nice I also like them with vines.

edit: I also like yule bucks with deep sea.

Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks smile.gif

I've seen some surprisingly pretty balloon /wrapping wing combos

also stripes>red stripe

and vines

or mints

Edited by velvet_paw

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the crimson with the Wrapper wings and stick with the stripes on the Yules. I have no balloons so I can't do that combo happy.gif

What should I breed my CB Winter Magi with?

Personally my favorite combinations are with Golden Wyverns and BBWs, but in the end it's up to you. tongue.gif

If you don't have a particular lineage you're trying to breed them for, maybe experimenting with another breed that you really like would be fun.

What should I breed my CB Winter Magi with?

If you have a gold, I saw a beautiful lineage with golds in it. Otherwise the Magis are fun because then you have double magis. I also think that Whites look quite nice with them.

This was my first time deliberately breeding my CB Snow Angels - I noticed that the tricolor Snow Angel looks magnificent with a CB male Lumina.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4bxZB

Anyone who wishes to breed a pretty Snow Angel might want to try this~

Edited by Beldarius

My friend acquired this gorgeous Holly through the AP and he and I are going to be taking the next year to breed it a mate. This White is going to be one of the second-gens for that mate; what other sorts of base pairs do you think would be good?