Saartje

Lineage Advice

...Good thing I checked the forums before creating a new topic on this. I need help with a personal lineage I'm planning.

See, I fell in love with a game (and manga) series called Alice in the Country of Hearts. It's a somewhat refreshing and bizarre take on the Alice in Wonderland story, and I kind of want to start a lineage where I name all the dragons after characters from the game/manga. However, I can't decide which breeds to pick. ...If anyone can help me out on this, I would be eternally grateful.

Ace, a cheerful yet somewhat homicidal Knight of Hearts. Brown hair, red eyes. I could pick Whiptails, but I'd like to see if there are other suggestions.

Blood Dupre, the Mad Hatter and the boss of the Hatter mafia family. Flirtatious and insincere, hates boredom and loves bullying Alice. Black hair and blue eyes (one of the stereotypical bishies of the series).

Alice Liddell, the heroine. Light brown / dirty blond (?) hair and blue eyes. Strong-spirited, and doesn't seem to like the fact Blood looks exactly like her ex-boyfriend (said boyfriend left her for her older sister).

Peter White, the White Rabbit. White hair and red eyes, and he's pretty much a yandere for Alice (he tries to kill any man or woman who gets close to "his" Alice).

Vivaldi, the Queen of Hearts. Blood's older sister. Rather temperamental, speaks of herself in the royal "We" and often orders beheadings of servants on a whim. Has a secret stuffed toy collection in her room. Purple hair and purple eyes.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, gatekeepers of the Hatter mansion. Small boys with the ability to transform into adults, they're innocent yet childishly cruel (often try to "test" their weapons on people). Both have black hair, but Dee's eyes are blue and Dum's are red.

Joker, one of the more enigmatic characters in the series. Or rather two since there are two Jokers - the "White" Joker is the owner of a circus and the "Black" Joker is a prison warden. Their personalities match their jobs, White Joker is polite and nice while Black Joker is insulting and bad-tempered (but White is still said to be the more dangerous one of the two). Both have burgundy hair and red eyes.

Boris Airay, the Cheshire Cat. He's one of the saner characters and quite adorkable - a complete change from the trolling and mysterious Cheshire of the original story. He loves bad puns (when you put two roses together, they rise up into the air: a rose, arose). Pinkish purple hair, cat ears and tail; hazel or yellow eyes.

Nightmare Gottschalk, a sickly dream demon (he coughs up blood from merely being surprised). He hates doctors and injections and refuses to go to a hospital. Gray hair and gray eyes, with an eyepatch covering one eye.

Mary Gowland, the owner of an amusement park. And a guy despite the name. ...He hates his full name since it comes from "merry-go-round" and often tries to kill Blood Dupre for revealing it to the whole world. He plays the violin, but utterly sucks at it. Also speaks somewhat like a Texan in the English translation of the manga. Auburn hair and blue eyes. I think.

Lorina Liddell, Alice's older sister. A really kind and nice woman, but she was the one who stole Alice's boyfriend from her (Alice herself doesn't seem to care and still loves both her sister and her ex-boyfriend). Brown hair and blue eyes. ...At the end of the manga, she's shown in a coffin so it can be theorized she's dead (and that this is why Alice dreams of Wonderland).

Elliott March, the March Hare. He always claims he's not a rabbit and that he only likes dishes made from carrots, not carrots themselves. He committed a crime in the past (basically euthanasia) and was imprisoned - Blood helped him escape and he's devoted himself to working for Blood ever since. Blond hair and blue/violet eyes.

Julius Monrey, the Clockmaker. As the citizens of Wonderland have clocks in place of their hearts, Julius's work is basically the equivalent of a doctor or undertaker. Blue hair and blue eyes. The most stoic character in the series, a work-a-holic cynic and often called a misanthrope. He doesn't show emotion often but when he does, it's a sight to behold (my favorite character right now, he's cute when he's shocked).

Gray Ringmarc, the Lizard who works as butler and cook for Nightmare (more like a babysitter if you ask me). Despite his best efforts, his cooking often fails. A former assassin, he's the only one who can match Ace in battle and is often (to his chagrin) forced to become his sparring partner. Grayish black hair and olive/yellow/brown (?) eyes.

Pierce Villiers, the Dormouse. Often chased around by Boris, he's timid and terrified of the Cheshire Cat. He drinks heavy doses of coffee in order to stay alert and has developed insomnia as a result. Multi-colored hair (red and yellow), green eyes.

There are other characters in subsequent games, but I don't know much about them (including the White Queen, Black Rabbit and a gravedigger).

...Good thing I checked the forums before creating a new topic on this. I need help with a personal lineage I'm planning.

See, I fell in love with a game (and manga) series called Alice in the Country of Hearts. It's a somewhat refreshing and bizarre take on the Alice in Wonderland story, and I kind of want to start a lineage where I name all the dragons after characters from the game/manga. However, I can't decide which breeds to pick. ...If anyone can help me out on this, I would be eternally grate

I'm not sure if you're planning to do a lineage like a checker, or if you want a different CB breed for each character and make a sort of Gaia lineage or something. But I read through the characters anyway, and most of them kinda seemed like a dragon breed to me. Here's some possibilities I came up with, some based more on looks and others on personality:

Blood Dupre: Black Tea

Alice Liddell: Imperial Fleshcrowne?

Peter White: Albino

Vivaldi: Bleeding Moon

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum: BBW (because small but poisonous)

Boris Airay: Daydream

Nightmare Gottschalk: Nocturne (kinda sickly like daytime Nocturne, but fierce at night like bad dreams)

Mary Gowland: Yellow-Crowned? (maybe more just the shirt color, darn)

Lorina Liddell: Lumina or Moonstone?

Elliott March: Purple? White?

Julius Monrey: Black? TriHorn?

Gray Ringmarc: Gray (ok that one was coming)

Pierce Villiers: Mint

Oh goodness, thank you so much! I finally figured it out, with a few changes~ My current list is as follows:

Blood Dupre: Black Tea

Alice Liddell: White

Peter White: Albino

Vivaldi: Royal Crimson

Dee & Dum: Bright-Breasted Wyvern

Boris Airay: Imperial Fleshcrowne

Nightmare Gottschalk: Nocturne

Mary Gowland: Speckle-Throated

Lorina Liddell: Moonstone

Elliott March: Tri-Horn Wyvern

Julius Monrey: Sunset

Gray Ringmarc: Guardian

Pierce Villiers: Mint

Joker: Seasonal

Ace: Vine or Whiptail (still can't decide, Ace is kind of cheerful and creepy at the same time, and he's the best swordsman in the story. If you don't count Gray. He's also a bit homicidal, for ex he tried to kill Alice since "it would be interesting to see what would happen". And it was pissing him off that everyone but him were able to change around her. He hates his job and wants to change, so... yeah.)

i recently found this beautiful copper in the ap, and i love it a lot!!

the only problem is, i don't think i'll be able to get 2 more cb coppers and continue the lineage. does anyone have any ideas on what kind of dragon would look good with this?

edit: also, could anyone help me find a good mate for this?

Edited by Victini

One of my four Pumpkins has a messy lineage.

But I love him because of his code: OLARN, so it is like Jack O' Latern.

That is the lineage.

How can I work with this? what would be a nice mate?

That is the lineage.

maybe you could try to do a spiral or descending staircase with different pygmies?

i don't know how that would look, im not very good at these sorts of things. but it's worth a shot?

i recently found this beautiful copper in the ap, and i love it a lot!!

the only problem is, i don't think i'll be able to get 2 more cb coppers and continue the lineage. does anyone have any ideas on what kind of dragon would look good with this?

Personally I love green Coppers with Tidals (example).

Or you could try to get PB 2nd gen Coppers by trade, that should be easier than getting CBs.

That is the lineage.

I think it could look very nice continued from there as a stair with male pumpkins and females of each breed of pygmy. smile.gif

I'm completely new to lineages and breeding, so a link to a guide to explain concepts would be very helpful.

Also... Is this guy http://dragcave.net/lineage/Y1FBt worth breeding? If so then with what?

Do you like him? If so then he's worth breeding. I have old favorites on my scroll that I breed now and again and I'm sure some people would just scream if they saw.

However his lineage would probably be considered "messy" and won't have a big trade value if that's what you seek. But he's not inbred as far as I can tell, so that's in his favor.

Given that his lineage seems to be dominated by combos of black/silver and gold/green I would find something of the black/silver or green/gold spectrum to cross with him and keep things balanced. I see he's got a kid already, and the choice wasn't a bad one since it upheld the darker colors of the lineage. You might also see if you could find another stair of similar length to match up against him for more of a pronged effect on the offspring if you think that would look alright.

Or if you got him from someone with no expressed rules on the issue, he could be the start of a deadline lineage. breed him to a CB or a spiral/stair lineage and then kill him. He becomes a tidy tombstone and you have a new lineage with a different kind of offspring from everything else.

Or cross him with another favorite, and who cares about the lineage! happy.gif He breeds shinnies!

Edited by Draketeeth

I recently snagged from the AP a a particularly cool shimmerfail and I'd like to do something with it, but I'm not really sure what to breed it with or even which direction to influence.

Any suggestions?

It can be a little hard to figure what to do with a fail like that. I have seen a lot of them combined with an opposite direction stair of the same length to make an arrowhead type lineage.

Since the female Silver's colors are so different I would influence it male no matter how you plan to breed it. Influencing it male will reverse the direction of the stair at that point and then you will have to decide what to use as a mate. I like the blue Coppers as a substitute for the silver Shimmer (if you can get your hands on them! rolleyes.gif ) You might also use Gray. I am sure there are plenty of other breeding options for it and maybe someone else will weigh in with different ideas.

Thanks for your help with my pumpkin! I think I'll make a stairstep lineage with different kinds of pygmies, that sounds nice to me.

Thanks!

And again, I need advice.

This time for a Bronze Tinsel, which is the result of combining two stairstep lineages.

Here is the link:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NVXue

Do you have deas for it? It's not influenced, so the gender yould be this or that...

Okay, opinions please. :>

I was gifted this completely boss cb tan ridgewing with the code TSock.

Debating on influencing it, so should I breed it with socKV (cb spitfire), QTM0d (cb water), or YaMOD (cb guardian)?

I'm leaning towards YaMOD myself, but QTM0d has the matching T and breeding sock with sock would also be fun.

YaMOD and socKV are female and QTM0d male, so if I influenced TSock male I would have two choices to breed with.

But what do you guys find best? Feel free to factor in how the dragons would look together if that suits you, too. o3o

And again, I need advice.

This time for a Bronze Tinsel, which is the result of combining two stairstep lineages.

Here is the link:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NVXue

Do you have deas for it? It's not influenced, so the gender yould be this or that...

The best mate for it would be another dragon with the same lineage pattern. Other than that I don't know what to suggest. If you can find two nice stairsteps that are the same length you could breed those together to get the pattern you have with that one. Breeds could be almost anything.

@ Socky - I think I would influence it male. As you say, that gives you more options. I think the two socks together would be cute, but really any of the combinations could work.

Okay, opinions please. :>

I was gifted this completely boss cb tan ridgewing with the code TSock.

Debating on influencing it, so should I breed it with socKV (cb spitfire), QTM0d (cb water), or YaMOD (cb guardian)?

I'm leaning towards YaMOD myself, but QTM0d has the matching T and breeding sock with sock would also be fun.

YaMOD and socKV are female and QTM0d male, so if I influenced TSock male I would have two choices to breed with.

But what do you guys find best? Feel free to factor in how the dragons would look together if that suits you, too. o3o

Influence male so you have x2 males and x2 females, then build a 3rd gen even lineage where you have them all lined up neat in a row. It would have this beautiful brown x blue combo going.

Edited by Draketeeth

ok. would a lineage consisting of speckle-throats, whites, daydreams, and pinks look alright...? im considering substituting the speckle-throats with blacktips, but im already using cb blacktips for a different lineage project and...uhghgh i dunno

ok. would a lineage consisting of speckle-throats, whites, daydreams, and pinks look alright...? im considering substituting the speckle-throats with blacktips, but im already using cb blacktips for a different lineage project and...uhghgh i dunno

I think that could be very pretty. I would stay with the Speckle-throats rather than Black-tips, too -- more color. Of course it depends on how you plan to arrange them.

I think that could be very pretty. I would stay with the Speckle-throats rather than Black-tips, too -- more color. Of course it depends on how you plan to arrange them.

i was considering doing something like this, although im not entirely sure what this kind of lineage is called - but i like it, it looks really nice!

i was considering doing something like this, although im not entirely sure what this kind of lineage is called - but i like it, it looks really nice!

That is pretty, and regardless of it's it's called anything, I like it!

It's neat, and looks a bit like an angel fish laugh.gif