Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

I used to be VERY afraid of spiders, but when I got my scorpions (I have pandinus imperator and two adult tityus stigmuruses and four tityus babys) I slowly started to get used to spiders, too.. o_O But still I can't stand big spiders, they creep me out. D:

But even the worst fear is wasps and bees! Once I even yelled at my mate when we were supposed to go to city and there was a wasp in my house and I couldn't leave it here... :'D "DON'T YOU F***ING GET IT?! I CAN'T GET OUT BEFORE THAT THING IS OUT OF HERE!!!"

...and then he came and killed it.

But it's absolutely no fun. They make me go in panic state. (I leave the room, and get frozen on the doorway so I can see it doesn't hide anywhere. And then I start trembling, and I hardly can breath. And usually then I also start crying)

Speaking of which, if you want to post pictures of your pet scorpions you should probably warn people and link to the photos like we do in the creepy crawlie thread.

Kainotophobia is the fear of change. Do you experience this or do you know someone who struggles with this sort of phobia? Discuss.

Kainotophobia is the fear of change. Do you experience this or do you know someone who struggles with this sort of phobia? Discuss.

I'm pretty sure there is a phobia thread somewhere...

But anyway, welcome to my life. I am autistic so yeah I am kainotophobic to an extent.

But anyway, welcome to my life. I am autistic so yeah I am kainotophobic to an extent.

My sister is autistic as well, and every time we go somewhere I have to walk her through everything that's going to happen.

Even our travelling and vacations have a specific set up.

~~~

Though I was thinking, we're all kinda kainotophobic aren't we? I know I can find change terrifying. Though it can be nice once in a while. *thought of the day*

I used to have a horrible fear of spiders (to the point where I would have night terrors regarding spiders where I would wake up the rest of the house and people would find me screaming and pointing at the ceiling - at invisible spiders. I didn't always remember doing this, though). I'm... not really scared of them at all anymore. I got involved in research with a professor at my school (his research is on spiders), and the research required me to catch spiders out in the field at night in tiny little jars (these are wolf spiders, too; the large, hairy kind that jump) and to mess with them quite frequently. It was rough at first, I couldn't sleep at all that first night when I got home I was so paranoid that one had come home with me, but since then, I haven't been so afraid of them anymore. I mean, I'm still wary of them, but there's not that terrible fear that I used to feel (I used to feel like crying every time I thought of a spider coming after me).

Interestingly enough, I've had hermit krabs as pets for years (the habitat is in my bedroom) but those have never bothered me. I think they're cute.

What I'm actually afraid of, though: I can't watch horror movies, and the thought of getting old and decrepit to the point where I can't take care of myself. That's truly terrifying.

I have no serious phobias... the closest I have to one is the slight fear of falling unprotected from a great height. Now, rappelling, cliff jumping, rock climbing, etc. I LOVE it. Without a harness, nuh uh. My gut starts doing backflips. I can work through it, but it's not fun. Other than that I'm cool with anything. I'll pick spiders up, catch snakes, whatever. Even got close to being attacked by a bear once, no biggie wink.gif

I have a phobia of balloons and elevators. x[

And I'm paranoid that there is always something around the corner when it's dark. O_O

I have a phobia of calling people on the phone, which is probably the weirdest one. It terrifies me a lot less now than it used to, but it's still definitely there.

I'm also afraid of spiders crawling on me, being stung by wasps, and fire/extremely hot things.

~Merged~

I think (the US) society as a whole has kainotophobia. =P

I disagree. A fear is different than a phobia.

I have a phobia on dogs but I love them, I only hate those stray dogs, at one time a stray pack chased me and I was running like a moron. biggrin.gif

I am fear to be close people or animals dead cos I thought they would come alive and scared me sad.gif

I am fear of bugs, yeah including bees and wasps sad.gif

I have a fear of....

*Insects and bugs (Most at least, but I life very very little)

*Clowns. o.O

*Spiders. O_O

*Pitch blackness. I always feel as if there is something or someone behind me.

Oh god I forgot about clowns.

Which consequently reminded me of dolls. I cannot be in a room by myself with a doll, and I will never understand why they are considered appropriate toys for kids... they freak me out so badly that I may never even consider buying them for my future children. You kids can play with Lego like I did when I was a kid - so much more fun and so much less creepy.

Jellyfish are also a phobia of mine; I won't swim in the ocean because of it.

I dislike thunder and lightning because I jump a mile when startled by them.

Social anxiety... Paranoid about people stabing me in the back so I push people away. Its kinda hard to explain really.

I have a phobia of pretty much every creepy crawlie there is. I'm okay with butterflies and ladybirds, but the rest wig the hell out of me.

I also dislike using the phone, which really sucks as it is part of my job D:

I am DEATHLY afraid of wasps and/or flying insects of some kind, to the point that I can't even stand being in the same room as one. Yes, I am aware that if I just leave them alone, they'll leave me alone, but still. I don't have a problem with spiders, unless they're REALLY BIG or something...

I'm extremely paranoid sometimes, too. If my mom and dad are late from work or something, I literally have to call them on their cellphones RIGHT THIS INSTANT just to make sure that they didn't have a horrendous car-wreck or something. And every little sound I hear in our house is something bad, in my opinion. Eh, okay, I'm weird, all right?

I'm deathly afraid of spiders. :'D I think I'm sloowwwwly starting to desensitize myself to them (I willing visited our university's "Bug House" and got to see some cool tarantulas they had on display), but will probably always feel nervous or afraid around them.

As for bees - for some reason, they don't scare me at all. o.O 'cept for wasps/hornets/yellowjackets when they fly RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. Honeybees are some of my favorite insects - I remember holding out some flowers and stuff when I was younger, and they'd fly right up to me and start sitting and grooming themselves on my hand. Surprisingly honeybees are more intelligent than you think!

I'm quite frankly terrified of anyone involved with the military. An army guy one traumatized me something fierce and I've never been able to get over that. I simply can't see army folk in a good light anymore, and my first reaction to them is terror, fear, anger, and a tinge of hatred.

I REALLY afraid of needles *shudders* Whenever i go to the doctor and have to get a shot i throw a fit.

I have a strange form of arachnaphbia. I can hold a tarantula with no problem, but if I see a tiny house spider ANYWHERE I freak out and scream like a litttle girl. Although I am a girl, that's besides the point, since I'm 18.

I'm scared of spiders, heights, and going really fast on a bus/train. Mouth injuries, too. Even if it's not me, I get chills down my spine. I think I'm also starting to get a fear of all of my friends leaving me behind. As dumb and attention grabbing as that sounds. Spiders are the worst, though. I can't even talk about them withotu jumping at every little thing I see.

Edited by Icepelt

In a way heights, I like being up high like i went parasailing once and i loved it, but more of a fear of falling from heights. such as when I'm on a shaky ladder or at the top of stares with a low ledge.