Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

Fear of vomiting (emetophobia). I haven't thrown up in over 6 years and plan to keep it that way. Even when I have food poisoning I won't throw up. I know it's not pleasant for anyone but I just have this huge, irrational fear of it. And not just if it's happening to me. I can't be near anyone who's throwing up. One time I heard a family member getting sick while I was in bed and went to sleep on my closet floor so I wouldn't hear it o.o

If anything has been in the fridge for longer than a few days, I won't eat it. I'm just super paranoid. Thankfully, I don't have any other phobias.

Fear of vomiting (emetophobia). I haven't thrown up in over 6 years and plan to keep it that way. Even when I have food poisoning I won't throw up. I know it's not pleasant for anyone but I just have this huge, irrational fear of it. And not just if it's happening to me. I can't be near anyone who's throwing up. One time I heard a family member getting sick while I was in bed and went to sleep on my closet floor so I wouldn't hear it o.o

If anything has been in the fridge for longer than a few days, I won't eat it. I'm just super paranoid. Thankfully, I don't have any other phobias.

Isn't it not really possible to make yourself NOT throw up, if you need to? I am extreme OCD and would much rather not do it, but it doesn't mean I've had any luck stopping myself.

I guess it was just willpower. I'm not even sure myself since it was a pretty nasty case of food poisoning. Maybe it's just because I haven't thrown up in so long.

Neee... Sociophobia - fear of people or social situations, Scocophobia - fear of being looked at, and Agoraphobia - the fear of open or public spaces...

And also spiders. They're just... Unnatural ;.;

Also is there even a word for the Fear of Vending Machines?

Aracknaphobia ((Probably Spelt Wrong)) fear of spiders....

I got it when i was 3, i found a huntsman... HUGE. I started rubbing its hair on its legs.... I didnt get bit, but it ran across my face.....

D:

Also is there even a word for the Fear of Vending Machines?

Mechanophobia is a phobia of machines.

I guess you can put Vendingmechanophobia. happy.gif

There's a lovely list of phobias which has slightly amused me with the variety of phobias... laugh.gif

I'm not afraid of heights but I'm afraid of going DOWN them. Or just purely afraid of abseiling.

Edited by cfmtfm

I also have Emetophobia. I hate vomiting, I hate the feeling, the smell and the thought of it. I can't even watch someone throw up. Or hear them.

Whenever someone starts vomiting near me, I immediately run away and cover my ears and try anything to block out the sound. I just can't stand it >~<

Last time I threw up was when I was 8, which was 7 years ago. I had food poisoning, and after I had finished throwing up, I had a fit and had to be held down to stop me from shuddering violently. Now, I don't eat anything that smells bad, I won't eat chicken if it's even the slightest colour of pink, and I won't eat meat with more than a centimeter of pink on it. I always get my mum to check the milk and the sour cream, and I won't eat vegetables or fruit that are turning brown.

So, yes. I have a bad case of Emetophobia.

I also have Anuptaphobia - Fear of staying single. Don't ask me why, but I keep having horrible, 3d nightmares about, and I /am/ single, but do not intend to stay that way for long. |D I also visibly shake and go pale/have the strong urge to vomit when anyone says 'still single?!' in an accusing way. It's horrifying.

I think I might have a mild phobia of mirrors. I've always tried to avoid them, even when I was a toddler. They just freak me out. DX I always feel like I'm going to see soemthing horrible in them. Me+a dark room+a mirror= get me the hell out of here. Doesn't help that my closet doors are mirrors. DX

Planes ._.

I just think I'm going to die all the time...

As it is, I'm flying alone.

Across the Atlantic.

Tonight.

*Waaaaaah*

You'll be okay wink.gif. Just try to sleep and close the window shade if you need to. Because of my parents' jobs I've had to fly a LOT in my life and it's okay once you get used to it LOL. But did you know it's actually safer to fly in a plane than ride in a car?

I also have Emetophobia. I hate vomiting, I hate the feeling, the smell and the thought of it. I can't even watch someone throw up. Or hear them.

Whenever someone starts vomiting near me, I immediately run away and cover my ears and try anything to block out the sound. I just can't stand it >~<

Last time I threw up was when I was 8, which was 7 years ago. I had food poisoning, and after I had finished throwing up, I had a fit and had to be held down to stop me from shuddering violently. Now, I don't eat anything that smells bad, I won't eat chicken if it's even the slightest colour of pink, and I won't eat meat with more than a centimeter of pink on it. I always get my mum to check the milk and the sour cream, and I won't eat vegetables or fruit that are turning brown.

So, yes. I have a bad case of Emetophobia.

You and I are EXACTLY the same. It annoys my mom to no end when I tell her to cook my meat longer because there was a tiny bit of pink in it. I just won't risk it. Once, my friend was feeling sick while we were walking into school and threw up outside the door. I just kept walking because I couldn't bear to be around the puke. I felt awful about it and have hated this stupid fear all my life. I explained to her what happened though and thankfully she was alright. I think my whole fear started when I was 6 after I got some nasty food poisoning from some bad lamb while i was in Turkey. I also haven't eaten lamb since then. Nope.

Edited by HeroLink42

This is not really a phobia, but I have social anxiety disorder. Meaning I get nervous/anxious in social situations and being around people at certain times. Yeah.

As for phobias ... SPIDERS! I hate em. sad.gif Any crawling bug with lots of legs freaks the hell out of me. I think I have a phobia of needles, too, since I can't look whenever I have to get a blood test, or if the nurse is injecting antibiotics in me.

A phobia of bugs, spiders, creepy-crawlies in general.

A phobia of heights - this is linked to my anxiety, I panic and have trouble breathing at great heights because all I can think about is "I'm going to fall and die."

And, not really a phobia, my anxiety. I am selectively OCD-ish, meaning small details bother me, like when I can't evenly divide the cookies onto two pans and just walk away because it will bother me to no end. will have panic attacks about the stupidest things, and for no reason, I just begin pacing the room and sometimes end up very nauseous.

I am also developing a recent phobia of germs. I wash my hands all the time, so often that they are now uncomfortably dry, and I am becoming your stereotypical germaphobe. Can't touch dirty things, can hardly look at them.

I'm afraid of the dark. And everything paranormal. I get freaked out really easily at night. Scary stories really get to me. I'm really pathetic, actually.

I might have posted this already, but I'm afraid of blank slates when writing papers for school. Creative stuff-- no problem. But regular papers give me a bad case of writer's block, even if I know the answer to the prompt and can give it in a casual conversation. I get a knot in my stomach and just shut down. Intro paragraphs are THE WORST. Once I've got them down I can write pretty easily, but getting started is so hard.

Again, might have posted this already, but I'm also afraid of the unknown. I fought moving, changing schools, grades, and school levels (I was terrifyied to start high school) and am positive I will never get my own place when I'm older. It's gotten a bit better, though. When I was a baby my mom used to wear her hair in a pony tail all the time. She wore it down one time, and because I wasn't used to seeing her like that, I started crying and wouldn't stop till she put her hair up.

I used to be a real germaphobe, but since I started horseback riding, I have picked who knows what out of a horse's hoof and not felt tempted to wash my hands. I still do, though... It would be gross otherwise.

I'm terrified of large crowds. Probably sparked by the fact I was always iffy around large numbers of people, and then there was this day in the large shopping centre not far from where we live (quarter hour's drive), and twice in the same day a group of teens just walked right through what is obviously a family. Both times I got separated and being lost is also another extreme fear.

We are going to the Royal Show today. About 50,000 people will be there *shudders*

Weirdly, I'm not really scared of any animals. Certain kinds I might be wary around because of the real risk the hold, but I don't try to kill an animal because it's scaring me. I even pick up most spiders with my bare hands. Cyoot little critters :3

Edit: Made it from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM to see the fireworks, went on the ferris wheel and even plucked up enough courage to go on a roller coaster. I'm awesome 8D

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I think I have atychiphobia: the irrational fear of failure. I don't like thinking about it, and I get anxiety in situations I am not confident about. It's apparently closely in line with the fear of disappointing others, which I definitely feel. I have Cs in two of my classes, so my guidance councilor had a meeting with him, me, my parents, and three of my teachers. I started crying during it.

A phobia of bugs, spiders, creepy-crawlies in general.

A phobia of heights - this is linked to my anxiety, I panic and have trouble breathing at great heights because all I can think about is "I'm going to fall and die."

And, not really a phobia, my anxiety. I am selectively OCD-ish, meaning small details bother me, like when I can't evenly divide the cookies onto two pans and just walk away because it will bother me to no end. will have panic attacks about the stupidest things, and for no reason, I just begin pacing the room and sometimes end up very nauseous.

I am also developing a recent phobia of germs. I wash my hands all the time, so often that they are now uncomfortably dry, and I am becoming your stereotypical germaphobe. Can't touch dirty things, can hardly look at them.

OCD is always selective. I really with people wouldn't use OCD as a term like this unless they actual have it, but being OCD is about more than needing things to be orderly and clean.

Needles.... I hate them. When home alone, I find myself checking the house for murderers. Especially the shower.

I hate needles too! I had to bribed with pie and ice-cream to get my shots... Last year.

I also hate/fear and/or throw up when confronted by: maggots, mould, parasites (especially internal ones), botflies and blowflies, wasps, bees, really old people, really sick people, reminders that I could become either, places that I could fall from, drunk and potentially aggressive people, being laughed at, being ignored and spooky noises in the dark.

I'm kinda afraid of insects. When they don't surprise me, I'm okay. But when I feel something crawling on my arm and I look down and see a massive spider... Yeah, I freak. xd.png

I'm also afraid of a stranger coming to my house when I'm home alone.

...And I don't want to be left alone in a new place I've never been to when it's dark. (Unless it's a forest - I prefer it dark then, 'cause it's fun to run around in the night.) 8D

I hate snakes. Spiders and most bugs I'm fine with but snakes are... so, so, so scary. Needles I don't mind but I hate blood tests; I get really light headed whenever I have a blood test and it's not a pleasant feeling.

Also, I know someone who has a phobia of balloon--really bad. She's been in therapy for 2 or 3 years for it now.