Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

Dunno what it's called and didn't look it up, but insane fear of needles. I fainted getting my shots for starting high school.

Also, I swear I'm going to be laughed off the forum for this, but I have a very real, irrational fear of wet paper. I feel like I'm going to die if it touches me or I eat it. I literally want to throw up when a server brings me a soda with the WET STRAW PAPER stuck to the side. I've had them take it back a few times because I was afraid the paper was in the soda. unsure.gif

Dunno what it's called and didn't look it up, but insane fear of needles. I fainted getting my shots for starting high school.

Also, I swear I'm going to be laughed off the forum for this, but I have a very real, irrational fear of wet paper. I feel like I'm going to die if it touches me or I eat it. I literally want to throw up when a server brings me a soda with the WET STRAW PAPER stuck to the side. I've had them take it back a few times because I was afraid the paper was in the soda. unsure.gif

A friend of mine also is terrified of wet paper. Touching wet paper makes him start to gag.

I can't stand something impartially erased. When someone shows me something on their paper or something that is only half erased, I go crazy and erase everything.

Also, I just stay up at night, fearing for my feet. "Bring my feet in, too warm. Take my feet out from my blanket, that's good. But wait! The demon will grab me by the feet and drag me to some horrible place!" That's me every, single night.

I have a long list of incredibly silly phobias, that did NOT make sense when I was a kid, but now that I'm an adult, are considered logical phobias.

As a kid, I was terrified of windows, and clouds... and the little holes in drop ceilings, plugs, and the vents in bathrooms.

I took the whole "he sees you when you're sleeping, and knows when you're awake" thing literally. The only thing that made sense is that clouds were spying on me for santa, since I could see those through my open windows. When i started doing the whole church thing, the same rules applied to God and Jesus... It also made sense that there could be cameras in any little hole. Keep in mind, I was a kid in the 80s/90s... these things just werent really.. feasible exactly. These days.. well..

To this day, I still scan rooms to see if i can see out of windows (if you can see out, anyone can see in!), or if there are cameras.. anywhere.

My other paranoias and phobias are pretty standard, so i figured I would share silly ones.

Edited by Thuban

A friend of mine also is terrified of wet paper. Touching wet paper makes him start to gag.

I have something similar to this ^^

I absolutely cannot stand people ripping paper or really new and fresh paper. I have no idea why. But I just hate the feeling of it. And the sound of ripping paper just.. ugh. My family used to taunt me all the time by crinkling paper near me, so horrible >.<

Hi,

I'm afraid of being in the crowd, especially in closed spaces.

Elevators, being paralyzed, I hate screech of chalk on the blackboard (my head explodes, I have a lot various phobias associated with sounds) and I have obsession with cleaning cat fur... ninja.gif

Spiders ;-;

I had to get a huge one out of my room the other night and it was terrifying D:

I have the fear of needles but in my case i dont get to just faint and have it over with, i completely black out and my body goes feral. Biting, drooling, hyperventilation, all fours. I have absolutely no memory of any injection or blood draw ive ever had, but my mom has told me when i was only 5, it took 4 adult nurses and her to hold me down for a shot. So theres that. And the weirdest thing is needles themselves dont bother me in the slightest, i can handle needles all day long, its the second theyre going to be used on me is when i lose it.

Other than that i have a massive phobia of human deformities, namely of the face. Thanks to this phobia and an associated disorder, i cant even type or see the word Elephant without shaking and panicking and going into fight or flight mode as if the disorder is automatically attached to the word forever. Even just writing this part is speeding up my heart rate to uncomfortable levels.

My more minor phobias are heights, elevators, structure fires, and spiders/crickets/grasshoppers. I have panic attacks if i enter any floor of a building above 2, and have to completely disassociate myself when im in an elevator, even just a single floor one. Structure fires like the one that happened in the apartment building next to ours cause me to sob uncontrollably, hyperventilate, and pace like a stressed horse until theyve been resolved and ive made sure everyone is safe.

Spiders is my least major one, i would MUCH prefer a bug/spider literally on my face to the first two things, and touching a spider/bug alone causes me to just scream and go into fight or flight mode.

Edit: Forgot something, fixed now.

Edited by smile-or-die

Afraid of heights, scorpions, injections and blood.

And i'm afraid of Zombies. Yes, yes, i know, they're not real. But last time i saw a zombie movie (cause i'm sadic), i had to take a shower with my husband "guarding" me. I was certain that a zombie was coming for me.

Yes. You can laugh.

i have psychosis/schizophrenia (the diagnosis is... unclear), so i'm terrified of the dark because that's when my most disturbing and realistic hallucinations are. not to mention i have delusions of persecution, so i'm constantly worried someone is watching me or trying to read me mind unsure.gif

I'm afraid of spiders. Not the teeny ones, but anything bigger than 2cm and I will be screaming. Their 8 legs are just so... eughhh. And their hairy bodies. For some reason I will always think of them crawling inside my eyes.

I also hate walking into a room when it's at night and I'm alone, because I'm scared if I turn around there will be something in the doorway. Or if I look into a mirror and see someone standing behind me. I have skipped brushing my teeth at night so many times because of this.

Deep water. I'm not scared of what's in the water, it's just the depth of the water that freaks me out. When I go swimming I'm so afraid that when I go underwater the pool will transform into the sea and it will be as deep as the Mariana Trench and it will be dark below.

This one is quite stupid, but when I sleep, no parts of my body can hang over the bed. Everything must be on the bed and far away from the edge. I've got this irrational fear that if a part of my body hangs over the edge it's going to get cut off, or that someone from below is going to pull it.

This one is even dumber. It's not really a fear but I still count it as one. I hate those little drains with many holes in them. There are lots of them in my school and it bothers me. Because lots of dirt and hair gets stuck and it turns black. Somehow, when I look at these drain covers I will always imagine myself licking it. It's stupid. I can't help it. So I will always pinch my mouth shut whenever I walk past them.

However, I'm not scared of many common fears. I love heights, injections, and going to the dentist.

Strangely enough, I don't have a fear of spiders. I might jump a bit when I see a particularly big one in a strange place, but mostly I'll just leave them alone or move them elsewhere with a tissue.

One of my biggest fears is being buried alive. Like, waking up in a coffin underneath the earth. It'd be really, really claustrophobic, you could barely move, and you'd slowly die of starvation and thirst.

It'd be a slow, uncomfortable, lonely death. sad.gif

I have Ablutophobia, which is a fear of bathing. I get really really bad anxiety attacks when I bathe, no matter how I shower or what variables I try to introduce (music, candles, washing a different way, etc).

(warning for being a bit gory maybe)

I have trypophobia and a fear of clusters of objects.

I'm not afraid of holes as in just a hole in the ground- what I hate is seeing clusters of many small holes put together or weird patterns placed closely together (cells, fungi, honeycombs, lily pods, brain coral, etc.) because it makes me think of something unnatural like bacteria eating holes through my skin, or something disgusting growing inside and outside of me. Every time I see I have an urge to chop it up into small pieces or burn whatever's offending me until I'm satisfied the holes and unnatural clusters are gone?

I used to have problems with eczema when I was a kid and I used to itch so much I'd rip clusters of small holes into my skin so maybe that's where it stemmed from.

It makes my head hot and numb the instant I see anything with clusters, and my body starts to tingle all over. It's like a bunch of pinpricks driving into my head- not a sharp needle-like pain but an irritating buzzing/itching sensation that won't go away until I stop looking at whatever's bothering me. It's a REALLY unpleasant sensation. sad.gif

Edited by leomon

Mine's a bit uncommon. I'm afraid of/hate ladybugs. It happened when I was a little kid and a whole bunch of ladybugs made a nest within the wooden frame around the window in my bedroom. Lots of them came crawling out until my dad opened it and there were tons of them including their larvae crawling inside.

Even after that entire nest was cleaned up it still happened a lot that there were one or two in my room. So yeah, I hate them and whenever I see one I go crazy and kill it as fast as I can.

I'm a fan of horror. I read it a lot, maybe too much for my own good. On the odd occasion, there is a certain story that is bad enough to make me very anxious, panicky and fearful throughout the day. I suppose this is normal, but regardless, it is not a nice feeling. I motivate myself to get over it, eventually. I by no means am going to stop reading horror, it gives me the adrenaline shot my life needs to avoid monotony. A love-hate relationship, you could say.

Edited by andromedae

Bees, wasps, hornets, and generally anything else that flies and stings will send me running away, possible screaming.

I'm always afraid of tornadoes and since I live in Illinois, that's occasionally a bit of a threat whenever the annual severe storm hits.

Although it's a pretty generic phobia, I'm completely terrified of needles/syringes. Just seeing pictures of them makes me feel sick.