Sign in to follow this  
Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

Crowds.

I get extremely nervous in crowds and have an escape plan at all times if I have to be in a place where there are a lot of people.

Mazeaphobia:

I have the biggest fear of being lost or being in a maze where i can get lost. (I have a really bad sense of direction)

Whenever i don't know where i am, or i don't know where my house is from there- i panick. I start to sweat and have anixety attacks. I come up with weird things that probably won't happen, like being forever lost or having to contact the police because a 14-year old doesn't know her way around.

Dead bees really scare me. I'm okay with bees that are alive, but when they're just lying there dead... *runs off and cries*

Koumpounophobia.

I probably have the weirdest phobia on this thread.

Its the fear of buttons.

The plastic ones with holes you find on clothes.

*shudder*

I have no idea why i have it, ive had it for as long as i can remember. o.o

Other than that, i think i might have a fear of large crowds, teenagers (possibly, even though im a teenager myself xd.png), speaking in public (i cant even speak in a class of people, or even a small group of 8 people. I hate having to, i forget everything.) and possibly of just people looking at me, if thats even a phobia. (i hate people just looking at me... urrg stop looking at me >.>)

Im weird.

Im now going to search up those phobias...

EDIT:

Fear of speaking in public - Glossophobia

Fear of crowds - Enochlophobia

Fear of teenagers - Ephebiphobia

Fear of being looked at - Scoptophobia

Yup i have these phobias >.> Must try and get over them .-.

And also forgot - I have a phobia of getting my picture taken .-. If i see a camera out i stare at it making sure it doesnt point at me .-. To get a picture of me i need to be forced .-.

Edited by thewingeddragonofra

No, I don't have any phobias. There are things that make me uncomfortable and things I dislike, but I don't have an actual phobia.

Closest thing would be the fear of going blind.

Edited by Nine

I have emetophobia (fear of vomiting), so I'm obsessed with food hygiene and its possible contamination (taking Food Microbiology class was a bad idea for me :b ), and it's one of the *many* reasons why I don't want to have children of my own.

Oh, thank you. Honestly. I've been afraid -- seriously, phobically afraid -- of vomiting for as far back as I can remember. I have no idea why. But just seeing that about 4 other people in this thread share my fear makes me feel better about it.

I've been thinking that one day, if I can afford it, I want to see a therapist about my phobia. I've only recently realized just how many areas of my life it affects -- I get so afraid that I *might* vomit, that I'm reluctant to go on a plane, or a ship, or a train, or a roller coaster that goes upside down, or a long car trip, despite the fact that I've been FINE on all of those, many times over, in the past. I have a general anxiety/panic disorder, and the panic kind of exploded a few years back (related to an abusive relationship and an abusive friendship, both of which had been lingering presences in my life up to that point). I had a good 2+ years of therapy, which helped me with the more immediate crises; but I think that I've been having infrequent panic attacks over vomiting for a loooong time. And that phobia became a sort of "rider" on the panic attacks; no matter how irrational it is, I get scared that I'll start to vomit and not be able to stop, like somehow I'll puke myself to death. (WHY does logic never make me feel any better???)

I also have that reaction of "oh, please, God, don't let me throw up! Must hold it back no matter what!" I was horribly ill last July, but before that, I think I'd literally gone for over 15 years (maybe 17?) without vomiting. I'm very good at not doing it. sleep.gif I just wish I didn't start feeling horrible and panicked and want to scream or cry and run away any time it happens around me. I even get panicky if someone is telling a story about some other time it happened, or if someone says they feel nauseated. I've ended up plugging my ears and crying, before; and I'll be unable to eat for the rest of the day.

Edited by Kelkelen

I'm a very paranoid person, xd.png So I'm afraid of loads of things. Here are my main fears: Suffocation, Tornadoes, large crowds, losing loved ones, huge changes, more divorces, going steadily blind as I was diagnosed. sad.gif

I just want to point out that an extreme fear isn't necessarily a phobia. A true phobia is a clinical anxeity disorder. They aren't as common as some seem to think, and people who do have one usually don't have multiple.

The best "name" I can put on my phobia is abodyemigphobia. It's basically the fear of the inside of the human body (or the body of animals) and learning about how it works.

I hate it. I have skipped health and biology classes because of it, which is something I hate when people do, and I have small anxeity attacks during those classes at times. I can't even touch the health book, and if you saw me trying to touch one, it would look like I was trying to pick up something covered in poison. I absolutely refuse to do dissections, and if we watch a video that shows the "inside" of a human or animal, I either ask to leave the room or put my head down on the desk. Even cartoons. In fifth grade, I would stand in the corner of the room pretending to sneeze every time the teacher told us to get our health books out.

It's pretty serious, but I'm slowly getting better at dealing with it.

I used to be afraid of ants, but I don't believe it was ever bad enough to be considered a phobia. I'd get anxious and shaky and squeamish around the Big Uglies (the time my 'Phew 1 got into a hill and covered in the things biting him and I had to get them off was gaaaaaah), but I don't feel that way now.

Misophonia isn't a phobia, but it's pretty intense.

I'm freaked out by scorpions. I was browsing in a pet store once, looking at the snakes and lizards and things (which I actually think are cute) and I leaned down to get a better look at something in the back of a cage, and it turned out to be a scorpion as big as my hand. Cue me screaming and doing a freakout dance there in the aisle. It doesn't matter if they're behind glass, dead, preserved, whatever, I can't stand to have a scorpion anywhere near me.

I also have problems with blood and needles. I went to see the Hunger Games and managed to stand watching all the people fighting and dying but had to close my eyes during the bits where they did a blood test and injected her with a tracker because there were needles.

Weirdly enough, going to restaurants I've never been in before gives me problems. I really have to nerve myself up even to walk into a fast food place for a hamburger if it's a place I've never been - I'll be shaking and palms sweating and everything. I have this paranoid sense that I'll violate some unwritten code of conduct and they'll throw me out.

I suppose, claustrophobia. Being in a confined space really gives me that morbid feeling.

well, i am just paranoid in general. i'm a very skittish person, and i often look around often because i'm not one that likes to be scared/startled, as a lot of people simply love to startle me and make me want to punch them in the face. :v

but, i have arachnophobia (spiders), achluophobia (darkness), atychiphobia (failure), dentophobia (dentists), and getting caught doing something i don't want to be caught doing. (i.e. kissing my darling)

i think my absolute WORST fear though is definitely of the darkness. i absolutely cannot sleep in complete darkness, and yes i still sleep with a night-light or a small lamp on. ; u ;

Entomophobia - the fear of insects (mostly stinkbugs for me)

Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms. (me and tapeworms.. I can't even think of it without shuddering! AHHHH!!!)

Turophobia - fear/phobia of cheese.

I also have a fear of corn dogs... But I haven't found a name for it yet

I just want to pop in and give my periodic "remember that a PHOBIA is NOT the same as a fear." Phobias can be entirely debilitating and exist beyond all rationale and reason.

Thank you.

I have a kind of stage fright with writing. Not that I can't write, I just have a hard time getting started. This only happens with research papers, though, never creative stories.

Also hornets/yellojackets. I'm not afraid of the insects themselves, just the fact I might get stung. I have a clean slate for beestings, and I don't want to start now.

No phobias for me, but the closest two would be wasps/hornets and their nests(I can't even look at an empty one without being really creeped out), and the second would be of parasites, any twitch I can't explain I start worrying about it being a parasite. I can't watch anything with parasites in it.

Edited by Nectaris

I used to have a really bad snake phobia. I'd have multiple nightmares each night involving hoards of snakes. I finally got over it by actually "petting" and handling real snakes.

Koumpounophobia.

I probably have the weirdest phobia on this thread.

Its the fear of buttons.

The plastic ones with holes you find on clothes.

*shudder*

I have no idea why i have it, ive had it for as long as i can remember. o.o

Not sure if I can't top that for weirdest phobia with pittakionophobia - fear of stickers (I kid you not).

Makes me feel physically sick and makes me massively edgy if I have to touch one. (If I really HAVE to touch one, say there's one on some clothing I've bought, I have to use layers of tissue between me and it, then go wash my hands repeatedly =/) And they're everywhere (on food, clothes, name labels, books, anything with a price sticker in shops... bleugh) - it's not so bad if they're firmly stuck down, but the ones that are loose (and could get on me) are the worst.

Had it ever since I can remember - as you can imagine, it was fun all the way through childhood when people insist on giving you a sticker if you've done well >.> (definitely NOT a reward! I dread the day when I have kids and my child comes home with a sticker they've got for doing well and attempts to give/show it to me o.O)

In fact, the worst thing is people collecting for charities who attempt to get you with a sticker advertising their charity as you walk past. AAAAAAAAAARGH. (As an idea, all those with arachnophobia out there, imagine you're walking a long the street minding your own, and suddenly (and unexpectedly) a person pops up and tries to put a spider on you... yup, it's like that)

I am scared of:

- Bugs, insects, ESPECIALLY SPIDERS.

- COMPUTER VIRUSES. I love my computers [yes, I have more than one, okay? sad.gif ] too much.

- Nightmares. I don't get them often, but when I do... *shudders*

- Having to go first at something.

- Doing something wrong.

- Singing a solo.

- Standing out from the crowd.

I am slightly paranoid, I don't think about negative stuff very often, but when I do it seems to stay in my head for QUITE a long time. Also, I don't think this is a fear [sometimes I am scared of it] but I feel like I'm being watched by a celebrity - which one, I don't know ._.

I highly doubt I have any true phobias, but I have a fear of:

-almost any animal not classified under Phylum Chordata (I'm particularly terrified of most arthropods, any worm that isn't an earthworm, and all parasitic organisms)

-People (specifically, group settings with lots of people, and oddly, it gets worse if people I know are among them)

-Driving (I wouldn't drive if you PAID me)

-Pain

-"Slasher" films (this is a fear also coupled with general disgust and loathing of forced and prolonged human suffering...there is a reason I cannot watch ANY "Saw" film, and why I had problems watching Hotel Rwanda)

-Alien films (about the only alien movies I can watch without extreme paranoia overriding me later are the "Alien" movies, and I can barely deal with the Predators....)

-Quiet, open/uncluttered spaces

-Social situations/interaction (especially speaking in front of people (any number of them), especially people I know)

-Dentists

I also have a fear of needles, but that mostly stems from my fear of pain and any shot/blood draw/general anaesthesia has been painful, so this is more of a highly specific fear of pain.

The fear of dentists stems from again that general fear of pain but also because I can't see what the hell they're doing while they're in there (and uh the general pain meds they inject me with tend to not work anymore). It's gotten to the point where I start having an anxiety attack when I have to go to the dentist. Nitrous no longer calms me down anymore, either.

I am an incredibly paranoid, nervous, overly cautious and anxious person who rarely feels truly safe. I have also had a few panic attacks over things on that list.

I've been told more than once I should consider seeing a shrink. U: I actually am considering it these days, because I probably have some sort of undiagnosed anxiety disorder. Or three. I have so many issues anymore...sometimes I wonder how I will be able to live on my own.

I have arachnophobia. I kill spiders when I see it. I kill them with pans, shoes and all I have in hands.

And I don't like snakes and needles.

I haven't found a fear yet :/.

I'm fine with heights, I love insects, snakes, etc.. I have no issue with darkness, speaking in front of people and all that....

The closest thing to a fear is prawns because they are kind of creepy but I could poke one without an issue.

Edited by Ashywolf

I just want to pop in and give my periodic "remember that a PHOBIA is NOT the same as a fear." Phobias can be entirely debilitating and exist beyond all rationale and reason.

Thank you.

Haha yeah, if everything people were mentioning were true phobias, I think most would've died from constant, stressful exposure by now =P

I remember growing up and watching horrible talk-shows that interviewed people who claimed to have phobias (and obsessions) of things like pickles, feathers, toilet paper...

I'm sure it's possible, but some of the more obscure phobias just sound so unlikely and for very little reason. If only phobias would be treated more seriously as a psychological condition.

Sign in to follow this