Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

People find it absurd or funny that I am afraid of babies. I've been squeamish around them since I was little though. Also, people don't care. It's "unnatural" to be afraid of them. I am sick and tired of people saying "they can't hurt you" or "you were one once too". Do people not realize that fears are mostly illogical anyway? Most of the can't hurt and stem from early experiences usually.

Im afread of babies too! acually i am more terrifyed of the crying of babies. If someone was to make a horror movie just for me itd have to do with a large HUGE open space, like space itself and showing the vasness, (yes i am afread of negative space(but in a way i like it and find it to be beautiful(yes im weird))), crying babies, (cant see them but just hear them) and .....thats about it. Just babies crying and really really REALLY big spaces, including holes.

but i kinda like spiders. they tickel when they cralw on you, but then they bite you. and it hurts.

OH!! I hate needles.

Edited by libby2999

I have always hated the sound of flour rubbing against things, or sand paper on wood. I know, its wierd, but I have always gotten nervous when I hear it.

I guess my main fear would be dark rooms. Not like a room I'm in by myself, there is nothing wrong with that, but if I am walking down a hallway and to my side a room is open and it is dark inside, I get creeped out. I HATE it when I can't see inside a room, or a small space. I feel like something is going to jump out at me.

Im afraid of deep water.. not the water itself, but what could be lurking underneath. Even in swimming pools, I find myself hyperventilating when I'm by myself (I watched too many Scifi movies involving water monsters as a kid).

Dying alone >__>

I am also somewhat afraid of deep water because of a movie I saw about Man O Wars >__>

Edited by SolemnLight

Hemophobic: Afraid of Blood.

I can't stand watching it. When this occurs, I just have to look away.

Yes, I know that I'm made of it. I just don't want to see it out or from anyone else. I will freak out if it's exposed to me. dry.gif

I can never be a doctor or any kind of any sort. This also includes gory movies or shows.......

I'm afraid of dying. like not actually dying, but what happens after to like you and stuff. I know people say "but you're dead you won't feel anything" but thats exactly the point... It's scary ohmy.gif

If there was a confirmed afterlife sort of thing then I would feel fine...

I just hate the dark, all kinds of flying and crawling insects(except ants and small ones), really scary stuff that makes me pee my pants, and chocking to death, and heights.

acrophobia- i am so, so, very afraid of heights. even so much as six or so feet off the ground makes me queasy. being more than ten feet in the air makes me scream and hold onto something very tightly and not let go. i can't do it. i just hate being so high up. ohmy.gif

hemophobia- minorly. i'm okay if someone has a papercut or scratch with a small amount of blood but a big bleeding cut or, like, gory surgeries (unsure.gif) and stuff make me lightheaded and sick to my stomach. sad.gif

claustrophobia- ooh, so much. i hate small spaces. i get hot and itchy and can't breathe. and if i'm stressed out and someone hugs me, i kinda sap at them. i hate being constricted when im upset. i start to flail. i don't wanna hurt people's feelings but i really hate big hugs when i'm a little spazzy or frustrated.

arachnophobia- i despise spiders. creepy, furry, skittery, fanged, speedy, biting, itchy, eight legged little suckers. ooh...i'm such a girl tongue.gif spiders make me squeal.

pediophobia- fear of dolls. creepy. just creepy- that's all i can say dry.gif

I'm pretty frightened of small spaces, horses (can't stand being around them), and syringes/needles/shots. Can't even bring myself to pick up an adrenaline shot in L4D2. x_x

People always think surgeries are so bloody, lol, when in reality the amount of blood is very minimal. I mean, massive bleeding is kinda something you want to avoid. Of all the surgeries I've seen, including several spleenectomies as well as a few limb amputations, the most bloody thing I've ever seen was pulling a tooth.

My boyfriend is terrified of fish. Especially the little ones (he says they're worse because they can "swarm"). Even Seaking freaks him out, although for some reason he's ok with Goldeen and Magikarp O.o

I dunno why, but I used to get freaked out around automatic toilets. >>;

I have no clue why, but if they were the only toilets available, I'd hold it. I've gotten over that weird phobia, although it still freaks me out when they flush while I'm still sitting down. X_x

One I haven't gotten over is my intense fear of large roller-coasters. No clue what sparked it, but I used to ride the Mindbender, a really shaky triple-loop coaster, a lot when I was little. Now, I can't bring myself to ride it. This makes for some awkward situations concerning my roller-coaster loving mom, who drug me onto a large one two years back that was over a pond. I was frozen for the entire time. I didn't scream, I didn't open my eyes, I just braced myself and waited for it to be over. Now she wants me to go on the Superman with her, a coaster that flips you so you face the ground and puts you through loops and dives that make it feel like you're gonna faceplant at 50 MPH.

Ha, no.

I also have extreme acrophobia, which is linked to my roller-coasteraphobia. I mean, I can barely bring myself to climb the cherry blossom tree in the front yard, which you can only get up to, what, three feet up off the ground with? So WTF is my mom thinking dragging me onto thrill rides?

I'm also agoraphobic, afraid of the dark. I don't know why, but I always feel watched when I'm in the dark. Like something's staring at me, ready to slice me open. Which is why I always keep a light source in my room, juuust in case.

Oddly enough, even with all of these fears, I'm not afraid of snakes, bugs, spiders, blood, or deep water. In fact, I love them!

Okay, maybe not so much the blood, but you get the picture.

I'm a weird kid. ._.

I'm afraid of a lot of things, but I'm not sure if I have any phobias.

I'm afraid of ghosts, which is why I don't watch ghost movies, and scary movies that have to do with the dead. For example, movies like Silent Hill and The Ring.

I'm afraid of needles. I hate needles so much, I refuse to get vaccines. I haven't had a vacc in... Years, really. I tolerate needles when I have to get blood drawn, but I won't look at the blood, and I'll keep blabbering on about nothing to distract myself.

I'm afraid of being in the dark. The fact that it's dark isn't the problem. It's what could be in the dark that scares the bejeesus out of me.

I'm terrified of large insects. Like the cave crickets my house cat hunts and drops in my bed.

I get nervous around babies. They freak me out. I can't even handle the dolls that you have to pack around for Child and Human Developement class.

I think that's it. >.>

I'm completely terrified of bees, wasps, hornets, etc. (which I believe is called apiphobia) due to two attacks in two months. *Shudders* My fear of them seems to be intensifying, so I'd rather not go into detail about the attacks. However, I must say that it is not fun having that much venom in your body. I'm forever grateful that I'm not allergic. I'll run if I see anything resembling a bee, or even if I hear a buzz. Whenever I feel a pinch, I get a jolt of adrenaline.

I'm scared of tornadoes and hurricanes, but not as much as I once was. A few years ago, I would panic whenever I saw a cloud that looked remotely triangular.

I'm not scared of blood per say, but I get nauseas and dizzy whenever I see too much of it.

I'm scared of heights and spiders. Especially spiders. They freak me out for some reason.

I'm terrified of sharks. If I see one, I'll scream/ high pitched squeak like noise and hide. Also afraid of myself vomiting. Whenever i get really nauseous, I end up crying and getting nervous/scared I'm going to vomit (which usually makes me feel more nauseous)

and I'm afraid of crossing bridges (mainly over water) I think they're going to crack under the weight of me+ my car and I'll fall to my death .-.

This isnt really a phobia but I cannot stand silence. There has to be sound.

I dunno why, but I used to get freaked out around automatic toilets. >>;

I have no clue why, but if they were the only toilets available, I'd hold it. I've gotten over that weird phobia, although it still freaks me out when they flush while I'm still sitting down. X_x

One I haven't gotten over is my intense fear of large roller-coasters. No clue what sparked it, but I used to ride the Mindbender, a really shaky triple-loop coaster, a lot when I was little. Now, I can't bring myself to ride it. This makes for some awkward situations concerning my roller-coaster loving mom, who drug me onto a large one two years back that was over a pond. I was frozen for the entire time. I didn't scream, I didn't open my eyes, I just braced myself and waited for it to be over. Now she wants me to go on the Superman with her, a coaster that flips you so you face the ground and puts you through loops and dives that make it feel like you're gonna faceplant at 50 MPH.

Ha, no.

I also have extreme acrophobia, which is linked to my roller-coasteraphobia. I mean, I can barely bring myself to climb the cherry blossom tree in the front yard, which you can only get up to, what, three feet up off the ground with? So WTF is my mom thinking dragging me onto thrill rides?

I'm also agoraphobic, afraid of the dark. I don't know why, but I always feel watched when I'm in the dark. Like something's staring at me, ready to slice me open. Which is why I always keep a light source in my room, juuust in case.

Oddly enough, even with all of these fears, I'm not afraid of snakes, bugs, spiders, blood, or deep water. In fact, I love them!

Okay, maybe not so much the blood, but you get the picture.

I'm a weird kid. ._.

Agoraphobia isn't fear of the dark.

Satyr, I have the same problem, except I've never been stung.

I'm severely paranoid over what I do. I have a fear of heights so I break down after a certain level(let's just say about the 50th floor...) I cannot look down anywhere or I'll start feeling this urge to look away.

I agree exactly with firestormIV

I'm also terribly afraid of snakes, and living in Australia doesn't make it any better if you know your geography. Im also afraid of pain, if I wasn't id be an alright soccer goaly.

Ants - they freak me out. it's ok to look at them, but if one of the crawl up on my foot, arm..whatever.. touch me in any way i'll probably pass out.

Blood tests - not afraid of blood, not afraid of needles, just blood tests. last time I had to take one I cried for hours before and after, almost hit the nurse because he took the test before I was calm. haha, i'm actually so afraid of it that you can poke me in the arm where most blood tests are taken and i will faint. seriously..

Heights built by humans (tall buildings, bridges etc)- yeah, thats a weird one. I have no problem being on a mountaintop looking down, or climbing a three and look down etc. But heights built by humans, that totally freaks me out.. even climbing a ladder is incredible difficult for me.

Edited by iselinosaurus

I don't have any real phobias, but I do have an intense dislike of dolls and clowns. I just find them freaky, but they don't make me break out in a sweat or anything to be near one. One of my husband's best friends actually have coulrophobia (fear of clowns).

I also have a serious dislike for the number six hundred sixty six. As you can see, I hate writing it out in numerals, and usually either spell it out. Or when it's in a telephone number or something where I HAVE to write it in numerals, I would put a space or a hyphen or a period sign in between the numbers.

I don't like looking at dead bodies where the insides can be seen, but I think that's more of a disgust factor more than a fear factor.

On a side note, one of my best friends have a phobia of butterflies and moths (mottephobia I think it's called).

I personally find spiders, most insects and snakes very fascinating, much to my husband's horror (he HATES them, even ants!). But I do dislike roaches because I think they are disgusting, so I kill them whenever I see one.

A lot of people I know have a fear of death. I am the opposite - I am very happily anticipating my death. Doesn't mean that I am suicidal or that I will deliberately put myself in a situation where I know I will get killed. It's more like I am at peace with knowing that I will die one day and I am ready for it whenever it comes.

Edited by lanette

Whenever I flush the toilet, I run from the bathroom into my room.

I have an awful fear of my nails getting holes, cracked, growing those little section things like a beehive, or just plain falling off. *shudders*

I am not afraid of dead bodies' insides. They're soo cute :3

ohmy.gif

*Backs away slowly*

huh.gif Have you seen a dead body that has been shattered into pieces by a bomb, with bits of flesh and bowels hanging all over? I assure you, there is nothing cute about that. ohmy.gif