Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

So, do you have a phobia or paranioa? I'm paranoid of using a phone to call someone unless they are on speed dial. Not to mention falling off monkey bars at school. Yeah, I'm paranoid of weird things. But I'm weird. That's my excuse.

Back On Topic: List any phobias or paranoias in this thread.

RULES-Yes, please, just keep the topic swear free, unless you do this to it: censorkip.gif

And if you see a board like this, please PM me. I may not have noticed it before.

~Cavey

Terrified of making phone calls. Shaky, trouble breathing, heart racing, all that. Which makes me flustered when I do have to make them... which makes me say stupid things or forget important details... which makes me dread the next one even more.

It's not so bad if someone else calls me, but yeah. I have lessened the fear somewhat recently, and nearly gotten rid of it in regards to certain phone calls, in large part through a process of scheduling times to call a friend when I knew she'd be expecting it. (Yay for awesome friends who make working up that courage worthwhile!) So that's helped. I still have to work through some extent of dread or flutterings of nervousness, depending on the type of call, but the physical symptoms are markedly less now. ^.^

Edited by Imbecamiel

I find many common phobias amusing. My mom's horribly afraid of frogs and that's made for some fun times.

I want a pet snake. D: Don't get why people are afraid of even leetle cute garden ones.

I'm afraid of tornadoes. We often get tornadoes where I live, and almost every time I have a nightmare, there's a tornado in it.

Bugs. Especially roaches. Roaches die drowning in pools of Spectracide when I see them. Most bugs I ever see in my house do, actually...I can stand things like ladybugs and butterflies as long as they in no way touch me. Just..no. No bugs touching me. EVER.

Big jumping dogs. I like big dogs, but it kinda scares me when they jump on me.

Breaking a bone.

Pain.

Paranoia of being alone in an uncluttered space. Weird, I know. I just...I get paranoid that someone's watching me/going to kill me when I'm alone in an uncluttered space. I guess I'm a little bit agoraphobic. .-.

OH A LOT of things. Mainly insectophobia, Heights, and the dark. Fear of failure and rejection. Pain. Death.

Yep. I'm a big scaredy cat.

"Globophobia" or fear of balloons. That's probably one of my top fears. I can stand balloons and everything, I just can't be near them when people are blowing them up, or going to pop them .-. I HATE when balloons pop DX

Others are fear of death, a bit of claustrophobia and arachnophobia (closed spaces and spiders). Bugs in general I don't like. Also, like Ganondorf, I have a fear of tornadoes, I have bad dreams of them (probably the most recurring objects in my dreams) and... I'm forgetting something o3o I can't remember right now, oh well X3

I used to have a snake phobia but I had an opportunity to actually touch and hold them and the phobia went a way (at least a little).

Bugs. I've started crying numerous times when threatened with bugs. Especially ants. Ugh, just thinking about them gives me chills.

It's weird though, because I used to pick up worms and play with them, and I wasn't afraid of spiders, though my sister was. All of a sudden I started freaking out around them, I don't know/remember what set it off, but it used to just be ants, then it expanded.

I actually am afraid of spiders, and centipedes. Like the giant centipedes in the amazon that crawl in your boots at night and bite you when you put them on the next morning causing your insides to turn to jelly and yeah... Oh and also jellyfish especially the portugese man o' war. That thing freaks me the heck out. one of the reasons I am super paranoid when swimming in the ocean is because of that stupid thing.

Oh and someone asked why a lot of people are afriad of reptiles. It has to do with what happened in the past. Before evolution made us similar to what we are today we were tree dwelling primates. Our main predator. Reptiles, therefore we learned to fear them instilling this fear into later generations until it was literally bred into our psyche. Even after millions of years we havent gotten over this phobia meaning that a lot of people still don't like reptiles.

Edited by Ryujin13

worms. I'm awfully afraid of them. and snakes also. and big barking dogs jumping at me.

I have insectophobia.

I also dislike people throwing the term "phobia" around. There is a difference between a phobia and a fear.

I have insectophobia.

I also dislike people throwing the term "phobia" around. There is a difference between a phobia and a fear.

I go absolutely bonkers around insects. No idea why. And by bonkers I mean if there is a bug on or around me I flail, get shivers, and either run or try to kill it.

Pretty sure I can say I have a phobia of insects.

Same of heights except I can't kill it and instead of flailing I get extremely still and tense. Chills are still there.

The dark is only a fear now but it used to be a phobia.

My fear of failure and rejection is a phobia. While it isn't as obvious as insects or heights the signs are my laziness. I can't bring myself to do things as I don't want to fail and in turn be rejected for that failure.

Pain and death are fears not phobias.

I have emetophobia (fear of vomiting), so I'm obsessed with food hygiene and its possible contamination (taking Food Microbiology class was a bad idea for me :b ), and it's one of the *many* reasons why I don't want to have children of my own.

Other than that, the usual - pain, losing/breaking limbs, becoming disabled in some way/bllnd/deaf. I'm a wimp, I guess.

Edit: Looking at Kestra's post, I was reminded also of the fear of being in deep water. Deeper than bathtub deep. :,D

Edited by lightbird

Losing limbs, losing senses, pain...

Not so much a phobia though - phobias are more irrational fears, whereas nearly everyone would be afraid of those things.

Spiders.

Being in large bodies of water.

Water more than 1.5m deep (Dark water).

Mine is going blind! I am not afraid of most things apart from the usual Heights thing; But I am not actually afraid of Heights ...... just the falling! ohmy.gif

I have emetophobia (fear of vomiting), so I'm obsessed with food hygiene and its possible contamination (taking Food Microbiology class was a bad idea for me :b ), and it's one of the *many* reasons why I don't want to have children of my own.

...I must be a real freak then. Vomiting isn't exactly fun but if I feel sick throwing up usually clears it right up so I've found myself thinking "holy hell, just let me THROW UP ALREADY". Though I've never forced it.

Being thrown off balance is my only phobia. Tilt the chair I'm sitting in slightly and I'll start freaking out. Put me in a car and drive over anything larger than a speed bump and I'll wanna get out fast. I don't care if the car won't tip over, if it feels as if will tip, I'll react as if it was.

What I don't get though, is that I can deal with show rides that literally throw your sense of balance into the wind far better than anyone in my family. huh.gif

I'm very paranoid around people I don't know. Ho-ho. Each time some stranger approaches me I'm afraid to interact with them because I *know* they are going to make fun of me and such.

And also, losing limbs in a very painful way. Being tortured: one of my nightmares.

I'm afraid of water because I was about to drown once.

I'm afraid of fire.

I'm afraid of dark.

I'm afraid of driving.

I'm afraid of crowds.

I'm afraid of earthquakes.

I'm afraid of being raped.

And the list can go on. >.>

Edited by earthgirl

I'm afraid of a lot of things ><

I hate bugs, I used to love playing with bugs, but then I saw a up close picture of one and now I freak out when ever one is on me. I hate spiders the most.

I'm also afraid of heights, calling people, Being alone in a dark room (Someone might jump out or something ><), Being the only one awake or in a house, Falling into a pool, Falling down stairs, and Talking to poeple. Those are all the things I can think of at the moment, I know I have a couple more fears..

I have a phobia of birds that don't fly away, e.g. pigeons like on Trafalgar Square (in my 70s English book, I never dared looking myself). Or peoples' canaries that land on ones head - complete horror.

...I must be a real freak then. Vomiting isn't exactly fun but if I feel sick throwing up usually clears it right up so I've found myself thinking "holy hell, just let me THROW UP ALREADY". Though I've never forced it.

Well, I guess your case is more productive than my "whatever happens, HOLD IT BACK" attitude. :U

I have an insect phobia. Any insect that I see I walk away, try to kill it or shout like a little girl...

Besides, I have a space paranoia. When I'm sitting on a table, everything needs to be organized and not in the way of anything. If something is too close to my food I'll put it on the other side of the table. And if, while I'm eating, someone sits too close to me, to the point I can hit them with my elbow when I'm cutting something, I have a little freak out.