Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

Phobia of bees, wasps, needles, spiders, leeches, somewhat of heights, balloons and big crowds of people. Also somewhat afraid of making phone calls- more of it is making the call rather than receiving it, why? I don't know :/

It has been said that you can get brain tumors from holding a phone up to your head for a long time. Not sure if this is why you're afraid but just a little (not so) fun fact.

Escalators, children under the age of 10, stinkbugs/potato bugs, rejection, crowds, most people, getting lost, being yelled at, backstabbers. Oddly enough, I actually like spiders.

I'm absolutley terrified of skeletons. Show me a picture, I start screaming. If I were to see one in real life, it probably would end badly.

This may be irrational, but the other ones on this post were kind of irrational too.

I'm terrified of death. Don't ask why, I just am.

I also had a bad encounter with Sleep Paralysis. It only happened once, and for the record auda, I would love to have lucid dreams more often. xd.png

Edited by Cynder_Dragonborn

I have phobias for: spiders, bugs, bees & wasps, angry drivers, angry people overall, public humiliation, social rejection o.O

I have never been stung by a bee/wasp or bitten by a spider before and I intend to keep that up ^^ I will pretty much run or scream if I see a bee/wasp x_x

A lot of my friends are afraid of heights but I just find heights fascinating.

It probably transmitted from my first days after birth, but I am afraid of serious brain diseases like meningitis. So afraid that I do not wish that ANYBODY would get one of those.

Leeches. I absolutely hate leeches.

I didn't even know I was scared of them until I went on this 3-day hike. We were meant to bring all our own gear including tents and food. We were also warned that there may be leeches, but they shouldn't be a problem unless it rained...

...So of course the hike was rained out on the second night. We had to bush-bash for six hours through dense subtropical forest in the pouring rain towards the road so we could be pulled out.

Long story short when we took our shoes and socks off there were literally thousands of leeches swarming on our ankles. I've never screamed so much in my life.

I still have nightmares

Of windows. Simply the fact that there's something there watching me. I always pull the curtains at night, or simply try to avoid looking at the window because of the possibility that something paranormal is at the window and if I see it, it will never leave me alone.

Or of sleeping without being covered entirely in a blanket. I feel like if a part of me is out of the blanket, someone will cut it in my sleep, which is why I also cover my head =)))

I have tyropophobia, mostly if it's around the face or shouler area. blink.gif My face gets itchy when I think about it.....Gah!

I'm also scared of the dark and silence...At night I have to play music or have the tv on or I won't sleep (and this annoys the censorkip.gif out of my bro as he can't sleep when there's noise). It just feels like total isolation, plus we have a ghost living in our house and it makes me paranoid when there's no sounds and all of a sudden I hear the floors creak next to me.

I don't have any phobias, but I definitely have fears.

Getting teeth pulled is an absolute nightmare for me. I've never had it done, thankfully, but the thought of it.. I'm terrified of having it done without anesthetic, of course, but even with, the image of a tooth just being slowly pulled from my gum (I don't actually know if that's how it's done?) is... sickening.

One of my worst fears involves having every single tooth removed without anesthetic as a "precaution" to avoid hurting someone... it's abstract and weird, but, to me, chillingly horrifying. It's very hard for me to think of something I wouldn't do to avoid getting my teeth (forcibly) pulled.

If it was for a medical purpose, I.. wouldn't really have a choice?.. but I try to take very good care of my teeth. My teeth are very important to me.

With that in mind, I am generally very afraid of anesthetic not working, being forgotten, or being intentionally unused during a medical procedure. No one would find that pleasant, but I worry about it happening whenever I go in for anything.

I will avoid deep water whenever possible. Kind of ironic, because I love the sea and boating, but the thought of swimming or walking above deep water--basically looking down and just seeing an endless dark wave--is terrible.

I'm not afraid of death, just of dying without any advance warning. There is so much I'd like to do, but I think I could accept dying soon as long as I had some forewarning. Being hit by a car, having a heart attack, or anything else sudden that'd prevent me from tying loose ends.

I don't know if it's fear so much as social anxiety, but I have a pretty hard time texting/IMing. What if someone is contacting me as a joke? What if what I say is interpreted the wrong way? This is a worry in speaking, too, but at least then I have the option to read facial/body expressions and respond or apologize appropriately.

None of these fears are paralyzing, however. I'm lucky enough to live without a phobia.

I have many fears, but I guess the fear of deep water (or any natural water actually, except for puddles) might be the worst of them all. I get all uncomfortable if I ever travel in a boat, but it won't be as bad when I'm in a ship.

This might sound rather silly, but swimming in a lake without wearing crocs makes me feel more uncomfortable, as it's more likely for something to touch my foot while I'm swimming. Swimming without a float in deep water is also extremely intimidating. That might also be the reason why I won't ever be swimming in a sea. oAo"

I'm also afraid of insects, even though it's not nearly as bad as the fear of deep water. Especially spiders and centipedes are the worst things - if I ever see a centipede or a spider big enough, I will scream...

My fears also include all kinds of paranormal things. My thoughts tend to wander, usually during the nighttime, when I can't help but feel terrified of the dark and the sounds that I hear around me. Especially ghosts, demons and aliens are the things that creep me out the most.

And for the last fear I can remember for now, the insurmountable fear of death. It's stressful to think that some day I just won't exist anymore, and what do I think or feel about it. When someone mentions it, I might get lost in thought and start to think how my time alive is only limited and will end eventually. As I think too much about it, I might also cry a little.

I'm paranoid that a monster is gonna kill me if I'm in the bathroom alone, in the dark.

Too many horror movies. unsure.gif

I also have a terrible fear of choking to death or drowning -- I got trapped in a whirlpool once as a little kid and almost drowned.

Coulrophobia.. Clowns freak me out! I can watch any horror movie, actually I like horror movies but clowns are awful. They've creeped me out since I was a child. I'm completely and utterly terrified of them. I don't know why people find them funny, and the face paint is creepy as hell..

I also have Trypanophobia, fear of injections. I don't know exactly what caused it, I've always hated injections. I can't even look at them without fainting, panicking or feeling woozy, and I get extremely pale. They usually make me lay down and relax for about 15 minutes after an injection.

I also have Trypanophobia, fear of injections. I don't know exactly what caused it,  I've always hated injections. I can't even look at them without fainting, panicking or feeling woozy, and I get extremely pale. They usually make me lay down and relax for about 15 minutes after an injection.

I actually have that too, it's rare for me to take an injection without fainting. Last time I had one I fainted twice. I also felt like the terrible dizziness didn't want to go away at all. Every time I thought about the syringe, I started to feel all dizzy again. Even the sight of a syringe makes me feel dizzy, even more when the syringe is going to be given to me.

I actually have that too, it's rare for me to take an injection without fainting. Last time I had one I fainted twice. I also felt like the terrible dizziness didn't want to go away at all. Every time I thought about the syringe, I started to feel all dizzy again. Even the sight of a syringe makes me feel dizzy, even more when the syringe is going to be given to me.

I have this too! Though mine is more of a case of an intense panic attack I have absolutely no control of... it's like I can't pass out. Lol.

I'm also terrified of any loud noise accompanied by a bright flash of light, & the dark. Hahaha.

Y'know I don't think this has a name, but I have this completely irrational fear of ripped, torn or frayed fabric. ohmy.gif I've been trying to look up names for it for years! It's not trypophobia ('holes' was the closest i could find..), because patterned holes or gaps in walls/floors don't make me that uncomfortable at all. Just... ugh!

But honestly... If there's a hole in my sock, I will go sockless. I've had to swap shirts with a friend before because I noticed a fray on the hem and flipped out.I sit on the floor at my friend's house because his sofa is so old and worn. I cannot even grasp the concept of ripped jeans!

It's such a dumb phobia, I try to giggle about it, but gosh, sometimes it really does wear me thin! laugh.gif

Y'know I don't think this has a name, but I have this completely irrational fear of ripped, torn or frayed fabric.  ohmy.gif  I've been trying to look up names for it for years! It's not trypophobia ('holes' was the closest i could find..), because patterned holes or gaps in walls/floors don't make me that uncomfortable at all. Just... ugh!

But honestly... If there's a hole in my sock, I will go sockless. I've had to swap shirts with a friend before because I noticed a fray on the hem and flipped out.I sit on the floor at my friend's house because his sofa is so old and worn. I cannot even grasp the concept of ripped jeans!

It's such a dumb phobia, I try to giggle about it, but gosh, sometimes it really does wear me thin!  laugh.gif

No worries, back when I had psychology in high school, I found out for a phobia in which a person is afraid of being looked at by a duck, so there are all kinds of fears in this world. tongue.gif

Mine are: needles, bugs, sometimes mosquitoes (when I see how huge they can get - and yet I would never be afraid of dragons), sharks, spiders.

But my worst fears are death of my closest ones, something extremely bad happening to them, and even failure. Sometimes even that.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I...

uh...

you know...

I HATE POINTY THINGS

And bugs, there was this one time I killed 3 Spiders in my room with a stick, the Spiders were huge,

then I hide it under a window.

Later I notice that the whole area around the window is black, and the wall around it is white.

The ants came, where do I hide the bodies?!?

Edited by Drinking_Water

I have paranoia in general but one major fear for me is VERY specific:

I have a fear of opening a door and finding a small room filled with machinery behind it.

Example would be something like a furnace room the size of a closet.

One could say its claustrophobia (which I have), but I'm not sure.

Another is a deathly fear of Grasshoppers. Seeing one, or especially getting bumped into by one, can send me into a full blown panic attack or breakdown, it's happened before.

Edited by Silverwinter

I have SEVERE emetophobia. Like I have things that make me uncomfortable, but vomit/vomiting/anything that sounds like vomiting/the smell of it/the sight of it/etc etc it literally triggers me. Like it's a genuine trigger, not something that makes me uncomfortable. I've dropped out of school, missed lots of school, I've refused to leave the house, refused to speak to certain people, shunned certain people, I've had breakdowns, I've had anxiety/panic attacks about it, I've laid awake thinking about it/scenarios about it/had nightmares about it- it's like hands down my worst fear/phobia ever and I've gotten ridiculed for it a lot ( still do in some instances ).

Fear of public speaking, being judged, being watched, etc. I sometimes think I have social phobia/social anxiety, but I can't be certain since I've never been diagnosed by a doctor. Been working on it to try get rid of it though, step by step. Or at the very least, lessening it.

Edited by Pokes

I have a wing phobia. Specifically flapping wings. Birds make me uncomfortable because I know they could start flapping at any minute but I've done therapy to make it better. I also have general clinical paranoia, but that's pretty easy to deal with since I can easily recognize when it's happening and talk myself down (lots of cognitive therapy to practice that though, wasn't always easy).