Sign in to follow this  
Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

I'm kinda afraid of insects. When they don't surprise me, I'm okay. But when I feel something crawling on my arm and I look down and see a massive spider... Yeah, I freak. xd.png

This happened to me. What was worse was looking up at the hole in the ceiling the spider came from and seeing more peeking out.

I'm not sure if there's a proper term for this, or if it's a phobia but it scares me, so:

I tend to think way too hard about death/end of the world/ ect... and what happens after. It ends up rattling my thoughts and leaves me confused like "how did I just think of that?" it's hard to explain that feeling...

also, spiders and sudden movements from bugs. Like if they jump it freaks me out, but I still release them into the backyard (I don't like to kill them.) and do zombie-like creatures count? Like those ants that when the bug lays eggs in it's head or it gets infected and just kind of wanders around without thinking. That kind of nature.

I went through a phase of extreme paranoia last year. If there was a noise, I'd start running and get my phone out, ready to call the authorities. I grew out of it, though. xd.png

This year, I have a new phobia of bugs, along with my longstanding fear of widths and my fear of having my privacy taken away. Is it weird that I'm afraid of people looking at what I'm doing on the computer? I never do suspicious things, but I fear... xd.png

Edited by Mousia

I'm very nervous about being confronted by anyone in a position of authority, such as teachers, police, etc. Symptoms include faster breathing and heart rate, flushed face, and occasionally some tears. Even when I'm the one to go and ask a teacher a question, I get very flustered and cringe whenever I say something that might be potentially incorrect.

Also, Erotophobia. 'Nuff said.

Bees/Wasp, Clowns, and dolls, like porcelian and ventriloquist. The Apiophobia (bees) is a new for for me, discovered only about a year or less ago. I usually won't act like I'm scared unless I'm around them openly, I get freaked >.>

Trypophobia: Holes, mainly on the skin, it makes me itch and... ugh.

EDIT: Ah, yes, I forgot to add, no I'm not scared of the pores on the skin.

Acrophobia: Heights. A kind of common phobia.

Claustrophobia: Fear of confined spaces, another common one.

Demophobia: Fear of crowd. I actually can't stand crowds. If I don't control myself I'd probably start to panic.

Glossophobia: Fear of speaking in public. Kind of related to Demophobia.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words. Nah not really, but this one is pretty ironic.

Well yeah, the first five phobias are my top ones.

Edited by Vaati

I am terrified of needles. I hate shots...years ago, whenever I would have to get a shot for whatever reason, my mom would schedule "surprise doctor visits". As in, she would pick me up from school, drive me straight to the doctor's office, and make me get a shot(s). -.-

I don't really have a fear of roaches...I just really, really hate them. I mean, if I see one I can kill it without freaking out. However, I will freak out if it flies at me.

About a month or two ago, I woke up to a good-sized roach crawling across my forehead. I held still until it crawled off, then I slowly got up to go get the roach spray. When I actually woke up that morning, I surprised myself at how well I handled the situation. I think if I was more...awake, I would have freaked out a bit.

Trypophobia: Holes, mainly on the skin, it makes me itch and... ugh.

EDIT: Ah, yes, I forgot to add, no I'm not scared of the pores on the skin.

Acrophobia: Heights. A kind of common phobia.

Claustrophobia: Fear of confined spaces, another common one.

Demophobia: Fear of crowd. I actually can't stand crowds. If I don't control myself I'd probably start to panic.

Glossophobia: Fear of speaking in public. Kind of related to Demophobia.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words. Nah not really, but this one is pretty ironic.

Well yeah, the first five phobias are my top ones.

It's ironic because it was created as a joke. It isn't a real phobia.

Pain and freefall.

Can't stand these amusment park attractions, where i can like.... fall off? These, where you are secure, but you're still afraid of these belts and whatnots coming off and you falling.

Whoa, messy text.

Cessation of existence, suffocation, rabies, getting older, germs, the filthy, disgusting hands of small children, sudden, forced social interactions, loud sounds... ...That thought that I always get when I'm holding a knife and there's another person in the room, and the fact that part of me would actually think that...

...Oh yeah, and when I'm in a car, people on the streets or in other cars. My immediate thought is always "that person has a gun and if I make eye contact with them they will shoot me." (It's part of the reason why I don't want to drive, the other part being I'm pretty sure I'll get lost.)

Not scared of insects or arachnids though, so long as they're not on me (with the exception of pill bugs and butterflies/moths, since they just tickle and don't stick to me and I know for certain they won't bite me. I could probably handle holding a millipede or a cicada, too.) I like taking pictures of them...

Edited by Pika_Oi

Okay, so lately my whole germaphobe-phase has elevated to a somewhat severe level. Actually, a lot of the times I'm fine but I wash my hands literally whenever I have the option, and when I'm at home I find myself rushing to the sink at least once every ten minutes. My hands are uncomfortably dry because I wash them so often. The dry feeling makes me wash them more. Yeah...bad cycle.

But recently I had a rather embarrassing episode, luckily it was only around my family. We went to Sarasota and we were wandering through St. Arman's circle for a good three hours, and at the end of that trip my hands were feeling very filthy and sticky and dirty and it was so uncomfrortable - I shudder thinking about it - and I had no access to a freaking sink. Most of the shops were closing so my parents got me in a car and rushed me to the nearest McDonalds. I was freaking out, my hands were shaking and I had a full-on panic attack. =P

I also have - what is it called? - trypophobia? A fear of holes? Yeah. This has been the case for a few years, but holes just...creep me out. They make me feel very uncomfortable. Lotus seed pods are the freaking most awful thing ever. And large pores...shudder. Also holes in wood. I have this urge to get clay and mash it into the holes on my coffee table. The whole hole-in-wood thing makes it look "authentic" or something but I always hated them. I want to fill them so they are completely gone. I also hate when holes have something in them, that isn't quite filling them. Again, lotus seed pods. With the seeds still in them. Oh god, they're horrible.

I just looked up a picture of a lotus seed pod and visibly shivered. Gah. So creepy.

Edited by glamoursea2

Diving. Only because my brother almost drowned, and I was never truly taught. It is the only thing that can make me sieze up inside, and not till i actually hit the water [kinda dangerous. lol]

I've had a fear of blinking lights ever since I fainted once and the doctor said I might faint again if I look at blinking lights for too long.

I have a fear of heights(vertigo) and the fear of falling even if it is a short distance. I get physically ill just thinking of riding on most carnival type rides and claustrophobia is another scarey thing. Reptiles, especially snakes and I are a shivery combination. Ever found a six food black snake in your home toilet at three in the morning? I have twice as a child on the then family vacation home in the Appalachian Mountains. I always turn on the lights and look in the john before using. Used to find snakes outside in the fruit trees, too. And rattlers and copperheads in the summer sun rocks. Yuck and shiver.

blink.gifunsure.gif

im afraid of spiders the most and its always like oh no oh nonono

I hate heights and the dark. Naturally.

I also can't stand bugs under my clothing. Once a bug got in my shirt. When I noticed, it was between the chair I was sitting in and my left shoulder. I started slamming into the chair to kill it but it just made higher pitched buzzing noises with every slam. I could hear the pain it was in. Then it bit me. Must have been a small horsefly. I got out of the chair and flailed around for a minute, listened for buzzing and when I heard it, I continued flailing. Eventually I just went inside and took off my shirt. While flailing violently. I hate bugs in general.

I have a phobia/paranoia that someone might break in to our house while we are asleep.

So anything that goes bump in the night freaks me out and my mind start playing tricks on me that someone is in the house.

It has gotten so bad that I refuse to sleep in my own room

Tight spaces, dense crowds, and any other situation where I feel like I can't move without bumping into things/people freak me out. Carrying/using large/unwieldy objects vastly increases what counts as a tight space (vacuuming cleaner in the bathroom? So much nope).

Small, fast-moving critters touching me or running around near me. Especially ones I don't want to accidentally harm, like my sister's geckos. Egh *shudder*. Naturally, most snakes and large bugs freak me out, but applies to lizards too, and occasionally even small kittens/puppies will trigger it.

Job Interviews. I understand that they're scary/stressful for many people, but I'm outright phobic.

Well I recently just acquainted a new fear, drowning. I am actually a really good swimmer and I like swimming around in the water but it just kind of freaks me out when I go to the ocean, surf on a wave and then another wave comes along and pushes me down towards the bottom of the sea. It gives me the chills just thinking about it! I still go surfing every Sunday though but the fear still remains with me, unfortunately I'm still afraid of spiders as well...I don't think arachnophobia will ever go away.

Well, I am most likely an asperger, which means there are thousand things I am really afraid of.

But what I would call real phobia (the point when I can't control myself):

Bees, wasps and hornets - when it's outside, I just start running away, sometimes yelling; when inside, it's hundred times worse, immediatelly leaving the room, yelling, shivering, heart going like crazy and sometimes even crying.

Dead insect - I wouldn't touch any dead insect. It grosses me out to the point when I can't control myself. (A friend who chased me with a dead fly for fun once ended up being hit, hurt and I was found curled up in the corner crying.)

Dentists - ehm, haven't been there for years. I just can't. (I don't mind other doctors, I don't mind needles, but...)

Social gatherings and phone calls (pretty much obvious cause of the aspie thingy). I wouldn't go to ANY social gathering on my own. Getting my sister with me usually helps. (I am invited to my friend's wedding in 2 weeks. Normally I would just find an excuse, even though I know it would make my friend very sad. But having my sister with me (and probably some neurol) I might make it.

When I was a kid I was scared of elevators and had claustrophobia. Those got better over time.

Organs.

Not any other gore. Blood I can do, just organs. NO, those should stay inside the body where they belong.

I don't know if my fear is extreme enough to be a phobia, but I always get nervous around heights. Ironically I can handle a roller coaster, so, like I said it's not an extreme fear. Other than that I don't have much of any fears that I can think of. I'm disgusted by guts and puke and whatnot, but I can't say I'm afraid of that stuff.

Edited by solarflare3000

Sign in to follow this