Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

I have this insane phobia of spider webs. I'm getting better with it, but it's weird, I'm absolutely terrified of them when I'm fine with a spider as long as it's away from any webs. I like spiders. I just can't stand their webs.

Makes playing Minecraft worlds with generated structures on REAL hard. wink.gif

I'm kind of afraid of cars. They're really powerful, and with road rage and inexperienced drivers and distractions, they're dangerous. Getting into one is okay, but crossing a street or parking lot is almost an ordeal.

Deep water, even with a flotation device, is terrifying.

Edited by ab613

Apparently scorpions. My cousin brought his pet to show me but the moment he took it out of the enclosure, I ended up on the other side of the room before I knew what I was doing. I sas fine with it in its cage. Once it was out of it, ZIP!, I was on the other side of the room. And I get really antsy when people point sharp objects my way, not quite phobia level but edging into the territory.

Edited by ytak

Spiders. Big, small, hairy, jumping, crawling, any kind. I hate them. They are creepy, freaky and just ugh! *shudders* >~<;

Also, ever since I discovered that I'm allergic to bees/wasps I've been treating them like the plague. As far as I know I've only been stung once in my life and the little punk got my foot. Naturally it hurt, but the next day my foot had blown up like a balloon and boy did it HURT!

I am absolutely repulsed by insects (all of them but domestic houseflies and butterflies / I like butterflies smile.gif) and spiders - male mosquitoes freak the hell out of me! They are huge and disgusting and I just want to scream at it to go away!

But my greatest fear are motorcycles. When I was 12 years old my dad fell off his motorbike and was on the edge of death for three whole days. If he hadn't worn his helmet he would have been gone for sure. sad.gif I haven't gone anywhere near a motorbike since, little less sit on one!

I have Emetophobia, the fear of vomit/vomiting. And basically getting sick in general. It's a tough thing to live with.

Spiders. Spiders. Spiders. AAAAAAAAA.

And I become unreasonably nervous / paralyzed with fear when I hear a sound I can't identify somewhere in the house (e.g. when we're watching a movie, pausing it for some reason, and I think I hear footsteps in the house when there is 100% no one else here). Or maybe that is reasonable? I'm not sure...

Making phone calls is scary, too. And talking to people.

(I'm using DC to practice written inter-human communication, but it may still take me half an hour to write a short PM - that I might not even send in the end. rolleyes.gif )

Phobia of bees, wasps, needles, spiders, leeches, somewhat of heights, balloons and big crowds of people. Also somewhat afraid of making phone calls- more of it is making the call rather than receiving it, why? I don't know :/

Wait, it's an understandable fear to be afraid of receiving calls? I thought that was just another issue I was forced to deal with when my depression would get real bad. I thought I was the only one who had a problem with that. It actually makes me somewhat relieved that it wasn't just me being...for lack of a better word; stupid.

I posted here a while back and said my fear was of Spiders. *shudders* still is. But I can't remember if I also mentioned needles. I hate those so much. whenever they show vaccine stories on the news and show someone getting a shot, I have to look away or I get squeamish. >~<;

Edited by Syiren

I have general and social anxiety, so pretty much everything scares me half to death, but screwing up in public is the worst. With younger people (like high schoolers and younger) it's not really so bad, but with my peers or older adults? You'll be lucky to get a peep out of me because I'm scared of coming off as stupid. Instead I end up seeming aloof and like I have a superiority complex, which feels just as bad as the embarrassment of saying something wrong.

I'm afraid of bees, wasps, the like, pretty much everything except bumblebees...

I'll go right up next to a bumblebee, and marvel at how adorable it is.

But anything else? No. Just no.

I don't mind spiders either, as long as they're not close to me. If they're contained, I find them cute.

I'm strangely not affected by blood or guts, at all. I don't mind it. Sometimes, I even like it. That's what growing up around bloody and gory video games does to you, kids!

I don't really like needles, but I'm not exactly afraid of them either.

I'm not really too afraid of death either. Of course, when it starts to happen, I'm a decent bit afraid, which is natural.

I enjoy the thought of ghosts... let's just say I've got a little follower. x]

I absolutely hate the idea of having bad dreams. That's why I try and control them as much as is possible.

Pretty much everything that means losing control of my thoughts, and or mind, I'll avoid as much as I can. It's too much for me to handle... my mind is extremely precious to me.

There's much more I can say, but I'll hold onto that.

Hmm... no phobias. Oh well, I'll find one someday!... maybe not.

Children. I can't stand little kids.

I don't know why, but I just find them repulsive.

Being an entomologist, I have no fear of most insects, spiders, or other arthropods. However, ticks can make me scream like a little girl.

I am terrified of needles and jellyfish (as well as Portugese man o'war, which are actually no more related to jellyfish than horses are to mice, but they sting and are still horrible!).

I have no phobias (that I know of), but I do suffer from a bit of paranoia at night when I have to sleep. If I sleep alone in a room, I have trouble getting rest and feeling relaxed, I see shadows and are afraid of closing my eyes too long in case something sneaks up on me.

I know it is kind of silly and I try my best to fight it. I have this little lamp on my bedtable which emits a soft light that switches to diffrent colours repeatedly. It looks kind of like a little bear and turns on or off when bonked on the head happy.gif

I also dislikes big spiders and heights, but those are probably not phobias ^^,

Edited by Phenri

Phobias, not exactly. Paranoia? LOTS.

Making phone calls is always difficult. This is actually rational - what I'm scared of is making a fool of myself. Which I probably will. I'm only nervous when calling a stranger, friends are fine. Not that I normally call anyway, I tend to text.

Ants... *ugh* They tickle so badly. I'm fine with watching ants, they're interesting, but I'll be keeping an eye on EVERY SINGLE ONE. Just to make sure none of them escape, because as soon as there's an ant I don't know the whereabouts of it could be about to climb up my leg. And it could bite a hole and start eating me from the inside out! AAAAAHHHH

This is probably the least rational of all my fears.

I have a paranoia of falling. I can't stand next to anything with a sharp drop, I start getting shaky and sweaty. Just thinking about it is making it difficult to type.

Probably just me, but I hate it when I hear sounds that aren't there. Sometimes my parents let me watch my brothers overnight while the brothers sleep and they go out, and I hear footsteps, zombie growls, squeaks, floorboard creaks, faint talking noises... The list goes on. Many, many times I've turned off the sound to give my ears a rest and then there's a creak on the landing just outside my room. TERRIFYING, but it's just my mind playing tricks... Just a hallucination... not real... *tries not to be scared*

I'm fine with most spiders, fine with snakes that my dad has a phobia of, but there are only three insects I will not go near: ants (already mentioned), scorpions (the smaller, the worse. Had a nightmare once, the only one I ever screamed myself awake from, in which a scorpion was terrifying me) and hairy spiders. Oh, other spiders are fine, but if they're big and slow and have hairs you could measure the width of with a common ruler (exaggerating ofc) that's when they are not allowed in the tent. Actually had one in a tent once, went inside immediately.

Also, fear of crossing roads. Perfectly rational, cars can kill you easily. The worst thing is that you can't run because you might fall over, so you end up walking slowly, watching as certain doom approaches... *gulp*

Also the dark. Not the dark itself, just what might be in it. I used to have this radio/cd player that had a red light and it looked like a seriously creepy face. Gave it to my brother. :3 Another time there was a plastic bag on my desk in front of a red light, and it looked like a creepy smiley face. *shudders*

This is why I stay up late. I don't want to try to go to sleep, because paranoia takes hold when it's dark. I know it's pure paranoia, but still...

These are just the most common ones. I can be afraid of anything as random as pineapples if the mod takes me. Ghosts aren't a problem as they aren't real, but I have imaginary friends that I don't pay much attention to any more and they annoy me sometimes. (Espescially Olimar. Shut up Olimar, get off the desk Olimar, stop murdering the Pikmin Olimar.)

Edited by Zeditha

Sometimes when I go to bed at night I'm too hot, so I'll stick a leg out from under the cover to help cool down a little.

Sometimes I will then be struck by a random fear that something will then bite my foot.

Crabs, lobsters and their kin. Even seeing a picture makes my skin crawl.

When I was a child I had a toy market stand with a plastic crab and a lobster. My mother had to take them away because I couldn't even stand to see them, let alone touch them.

Also, I don't like exploding things (fireworks are OK because they're pretty and up in the sky) and I don't trust electricity. Place an electric device near water and watch me freak out.

I used to have Arachnophobia (fear of spiders), but then I unintentionally owned a spider and I just find them cute now. I sometimes even hold spiders in my hand and that freaks people out and it's kind of awkward sleep.gif;;

Cockroaches. They are the reason why I am afraid to close my eyes and hold my hand when someone asks me to. I am afraid that they'll put a cockroach in my hand •_•

And childhood phobia/paranoia flashbacks:

Whenever I was in a group of people I had random thought stuck in my head and they were just weird. I was afraid people could read my mind...

I used (and I still do sometimes) to be afraid of imagining scary things because I thought I might attract bad luck and make the things I imagined real ._.

As a child I was afraid of Chupacabra. Yes, that. I used to watch a lot of movies/things/etc about that creature as a child and that made night walks awkward T.T

Also,the last one makes a real big contrast with the actual me: When I was little my parents,in order to make me stay still when I was in the familly's car alone,told me that if I press any button on the car's board or such,the car will explode. With time the fear went away as now I can really say that I am also a car enthusiast lol

Edited by KingSpinosaurus

I think I have the strangest fear. I'm afraid off reddy fazbear (A video game xd.png) i keep thinking he's going to eat me at night,

I think I have the strangest fear. I'm afraid off reddy fazbear (A video game xd.png) i keep thinking he's going to eat me at night,

I had a dream last night where I was in FNAF as the guard and I was afraid of all the characters except Foxy, which is kind of weird •-• Still this is not quite a phobia in me.

---------

Another phobia I had as a child (and I rememberd now randomly) was that of death.Not of unknown,but of the pain when the heart stops.I'm not sure if I'm still afraid of it or not,but I would prefer to die in my sleep if it's painfull >.>

Edited by KingSpinosaurus

I'm afraid of most bugs. I can handle black ants, fireflies, ladybugs, some butterflies/moths/caterpillars and teeny tiny spiders but that's about it and not all the time.

I know it's irrational and stupid. My brain KNOWS there is no danger. But there is this strong fear/revulsion to the point I experience phantom itching for a few minutes afterward like I'm being crawled on. I can't even really bring myself to touch an image of a bug...even a bug I'm not normally afraid of.

I had a dream last night where I was in FNAF as the guard and I was afraid of all the characters except Foxy, which is kind of weird •-• Still this is not quite a phobia in me.

---------

Another phobia I had as a child (and I rememberd now randomly) was that of death.Not of unknown,but of the pain when the heart stops.I'm not sure if I'm still afraid of it or not,but I would prefer to die in my sleep if it's painfull >.>

That is actually kind of funny. Foxy freaks me out the most.

My biggest fear is of spiders.

I have severe social phobia. I cannot physically drag myself outside in fear that I'll be judged wrongly and cruelly. Just going to the mailbox on a heavy traffic Highway sends irrational fear down my spine.

Ladybugs.. Erghh. Just seeing one makes me violently squirm. sad.gif

Bathophobia- This doesn't really apply to anything in real life, but whenever I watch space documentaries and play space games, gas giants just freak me out. I don't like being anywhere near them. Even looking at pictures of Jupiter makes me jumpy. sad.gif

Acrophobia- From an event from when I was way younger and nearly fell off my 10 foot patio. blink.gif

That seems to be it for me, but the ladybug fear is the worst for me. The bad thing here is that no-one else seems to share this phobia with me, and there isn't even a name for this.

Sleep paralysis. Absolutely TERRIFIED of that happening to me.

I'll brief it to you all: Sleep paralysis is when your body is asleep, but YOU are awake. You cannot move, and if you try to you will hear distorted noises. Your brain's like "Oh god, what if something bad happens?" So you imagine all your worst fears standing right there in front of you. You can also hear bloodcurdling screams. I believe the only way to get out of it is to shut your eyes for a bit just like you would when dreaming, but it happens when you don't move ANY part of your body but keep your eyes open for a long time.

If you have not experienced this, my advice is to NOT try to lucid dream. This will usually result in sleep paralysis. Even then, though, you will probably experience this at least once in your life. If you DO know what this is, and have experienced this frequently, you should definitely see a medical expert as this is an ACTUAL DISORDER called RISP - Recurring Sleep Paralysis.

This has been a PSA, sponsored by auda. Thank you for your time.