TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

New hardware? ... ok, if ya say so... ./wink wink nudge nudge

Thanks for the news.

Also, do you know when it may be back up?

My friend's Neglected-experiment egg (not Neglected yet) was going to be in its last minutes of life at 3:00 PM (4 PM DC time) today, so she was trying to time things just right. If the site is still down then, it will die. (( rolleyes.gif ))

The connection has timed out

The server at dragcave.net is taking too long to respond.

*  The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

*  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

*  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Whatever the outcome, it seems to have started! Will the new hardware require any new software? smile.gif

(leaves large platter of warm fresh baked cookies for TJ and his elves)

Thanks for the news.

Also, do you know when it may be back up?

My friend's Neglected-experiment egg (not Neglected yet) was going to be in its last minutes of life at 3:00 PM (4 PM DC time) today, so she was trying to time things just right. If the site is still down then, it will die. (( rolleyes.gif ))

Usually I think eggs don't lose time during the downtimes, but... I don't know.

I'm running an ND experiment for a friend within the next hour, so I'm hoping the eggs don't die before then too.

@_@

Usually I think eggs don't lose time during the downtimes, but... I don't know.

I'm running an ND experiment for a friend within the next hour, so I'm hoping the eggs don't die before then too.

@_@

Last I knew, they all lost time but ER eggs/hatchies had time added back to them.

Thanks for the info Teej. Can't WAIT to see what happens when the Cave comes back up!!

Does this mean that the new features will be added?

Well, he didn't SAY SO, but we can hope.

Does this mean that the new features will be added?

XD i wouldnt count on it.

if that DOES happen, though, it would certainly be a pleasant surprise.

It is now the 3rd at 1:14 in the afternoon Eastern Time (USA) and the site won't come up...is it maintenance or should I look into my computer for a problem?

It's down for everyone. Nothing wrong with your computer. It is probably the hardware maintenance TJ mentioned.

It is now the 3rd at 1:14 in the afternoon Eastern Time (USA) and the site won't come up...is it maintenance or should I look into my computer for a problem?

This is the awaited maintenance. We are now in the Down Time.

ninja.gif by LadyLyzar smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I wonder if this will result in new features. We have gone some time without an update after all.

Heading towards three months since the first announcement of the new features.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as this is most likely just going to be the hardware update but with so many exciting new features still to be implemented it's hard not to hope that at least one or two would come up.

Edited by Sir Barton

Regardless of whether we get new updates or not, we can still hope and speculate of course, but remember that it does say "hardware"

Even so, with this new hardware may come easier usage of the site itself, or less issues, etc. etc. So, technically, we are getting something. smile.gif

Thanks for the info TJ. I was just for put two babies in ER, but they for sure don't dislike to stay in their eggs a little more smile.gif.

Heading towards three months since the first announcement of the new features.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as this is most likely just going to be the hardware update but with so many exciting new features still to be implemented it's hard not to hope that at least one or two would come up.

Wouldn't the new egg limits and biomes require larger servers with all the increased traffic? wink.gif Although, with Valentine's Day so close, and all it attendant insanity, I don't know if more of the new features would be added into the mix. The first four features were added on 12/12, nine days before the Christmas insanity. Do we have enough time before the Valentine fray?

Wouldn't the new egg limits and biomes require larger servers with all the increased traffic? wink.gif Although, with Valentine's Day so close, and all it attendant insanity, I don't know if more of the new features would be added into the mix. The first four features were added on 12/12, nine days before the Christmas insanity. Do we have enough time before the Valentine fray?

Ooo, good point and wouldn't the limit increase be wonderful if it came just in time for Valentine's Day? No doubt everything else coupled with the holiday would cause mass confusion but then holidays cause that already so what's a little more? laugh.gif

Thanks for the answers to my NDE ER question, everyone. smile.gif