TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

Oh boy, He is probably going to add the biomes and the other stuff to the site. Yay cool.gif

Thanks for the info about the Cave going to be down later, TJ.

Just a small note to everyone, he didn't say he was doing any 'upgrades' just that he was taking the site down for maintenance and upgrading some hardware.

As a relatively new person here at Dragon Cave, seeing something like you posted, as far as I can tell is an educated guess, or wishing on your part; but doing that gets the hopes up of everyone, especially new people that haven't really figured things out yet - and can make them upset with the site.

I can't find a thing where TJ said he was doing an upgrade on anything but 'hardware' for the cave; how does that lead to getting the 'biomes' and such?

Just a small note to everyone, he didn't say he was doing any 'upgrades' just that he was taking the site down for maintenance and upgrading some hardware.

As a relatively new person here at Dragon Cave, seeing something like you posted, as far as I can tell is an educated guess, or wishing on your part; but doing that gets the hopes up of everyone, especially new people that haven't really figured things out yet - and can make them upset with the site.

I can't find a thing where TJ said he was doing an upgrade on anything but 'hardware' for the cave; how does that lead to getting the 'biomes' and such?

I wish there was a "like" button here. But in its absence, I shall simply say...

This.

Thanks for the info TJ, much appreciated.

Also, I'm confused as to why everyone thinks hardware is the same as software...

Members enjoy speculating, It is not a major problem.

Back on topic.

It seems to be up now, but with a note that it is going to be down. Has it finished being down - I am confused...

Goodie. Downtimes are always good.

Well, sometimes.

New hardware is good? Well, I guess it must be - and it NOW occurs to me what the message means- more downtime coming for the hardware; the last lot was for backups, right ?

I'm not crying about it. It's just stupid that my egg died and I could not even try to save it.. ND or not...

tongue.gif

You don't have a dead egg on your scroll. unsure.gif TJ usually fixes things like that anyway, after downtimes !

Thanks for letting us know ahead of time; now I just hafta decided if I want to do a safe gaurd and make my last two this batch hatch or if I'm okay with leaving them fogged...

Thank you.

Yes, TJ is really good about posting to let us know when new features are coming and when they are going to come. If he was going to implement new features, I'm sure he'd have said something about it. ^^

You don't have a dead egg on your scroll. unsure.gif TJ usually fixes things like that anyway, after downtimes !

Yeah she does, she put it at the end of her scroll on page two. That sucks, I'm sorry Lightspeedle.

5 pages of 'Thank you, TJ'? Is that really necessary? Even though I appreciate a heads up as much as the next person....really? O.O

Edited by evilbunny405

^^Agreed.

Additionally, faster server?

Edited by dragonryaman

So back ups have been made and now (whenever it goes down again) is the hardware upgrade. Nice note on the front cave for those that don't visit the forums.