TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

I think I had a mini heart attack when it loaded...then I got a database error and went all Dx nuuuu!

I'm beginning to have a really bad feeling about the new hardware. Maybe it's just the funky weather. I certainly hope so,

Hang in there hatchlings.

I was in long enough to see my first Magma grow up.... then, it was back down again!

DC will most likely be unavailable later today due to new hardware installation.

I'm going to temporarily take the site down right now to make backups.

EDIT: Installation postponed until tomorrow.

EDIT 2: It's taking quite a bit longer than anticipated (obviously). My host doesn't seem to have the same sense of urgency that I have, and there's not much I can do about that.

Sigh,

but don't worry, we will certainly survive...

- at least we hope we do...

Thanks for the updates you give us on the situation, TJ. They certainly help. Hope something lights a fire under the host's hind end so he can move a little faster for you. We could certainly send our dragons to do that. biggrin.gif

Does anyone else feel like a deranged stalker, waiting for DC to come back? I have a gold hatchling that I want to see, make sure it's ok. Ok, yeah, we're all obsessed...

*goes back to lurking in the shadows and waiting....*

Hope you're not feeling too stressed out TJ!! Hang in there!

After I was viewbombed last week, I fog everything at night. I am going to be away for the weekend. And I can't unfog everything sad.gif

I have called in my scroll sitter, just in case.

So, who wants to join me in b-ing and moaning about the lazy host?

Wow, just that one sentence got it all out of my system. Guess all the complaining will have to happen without me.

Edited by Elzapeth

Withdrawl...symptoms...setting...in...host...annoying...me...

I know that you are doing everything you can TJ, and I'm grateful for that. biggrin.gif

*crawls into a ball and quietly sings Funny Farm by Dr. Dimento*

EDIT: SilverDragonTears, can I use that in my signature?

Edited by AngelWolf424

K thx so much I was worried when it said "Safari cannot load page because the server stopped responding" but now I'm ok so when d'you thnk it'll be up again im anxious to see my babies, eggs, and start re-breeding! And the eggs better be female I have too many males which sucks when you're trying to breed I only have...let's see...Miltikamo, Lectra, Melinda, hmmm that's it. 3 Females, 6 males, and one MALE drake. tongue.gif ...NINJA ATTACK!!! ninja.gifxd.png

I know that you are doing everything you can TJ, and I'm grateful for that. biggrin.gif

Ditto.

EDIT: SilverDragonTears, can I use that in my signature?

Double ditto. laugh.gif

Edited by Lil-Stinkpot

Does anyone else feel like a deranged stalker, waiting for DC to come back?

No idea what you're talking about...

*twitch twitch* blink.gif

=D Thank you for your hard work, TJ!

Edited by Dracarys

Reminds me of when the lag monster struck... ahh... good terrible times... good terrible times indeed... <.< Still wish lag monsters had been implemented into the cave, though. xd.png

Anyway... I want to exterminate hosty for being lazy... but if I exterminates him... then cave thingys wouldn't work and that would just be worse. So, instead, I'll send valentine's hate mail to him/her... <.< Ahem... >.>

I had only recently gotten back into working on expanding my scroll...for maybe two weeks...

But already the addiction is setting in again...lol

But I appreciate all the hard work the TJ does and will be patient for as long as it takes....

I am not worried if our dragon's times are going to freeze while the site is under maintenance. Take as much time as you need to make DC a better than before place to hang out at.

And for you guys QQing all over the place, consider this. Would it be better to have a site that works perfectly or a site that either doesn't work at all or makes glitches/lags nonstop? If you prefer the first answer, then stop complaining and let the moderators work things out at their own pace, not yours. If QQ were king, we'd have a bunch of broken sites. After all, our dragons are just pixels with no major purpose so it's nothing to cry over spilt milk.

As for dragon safety, remember TJ did a backup before the hardware install stuff started. Worst case scenario, only a few hours will be lost from between the times of the backup and the hardware install.

I'm just waiting for it to be back up so I can catch and hide more. With this downtime I think I'm going to be locked when I don't want to be, but oh well.

EVERYTHING TJ is doing is OK with me - I just WISH all my stuff wasn't fogged, right before I have to be away sad.gif Because if my scroll sitter doesn't answer emails soon, they will die in their little clouds and nothing can be done for them.... Not easy to take a desktop PC away for the weekend !

But I am not blaming this place; I blame whoever it was view bombed me in the first place, so that I took to doing this !!

Well in my case, the timer was not frozen. My gold has 3d 15h left, and the views stopped, so it couldn't hatch...

Hope it's up soon...

Heh.....

user posted image

When I frist saw this, it said it was up.

I immediately tried to load the page and NOTHING happened.

Then I came back, saw that it was on..."No...it's down" and then I watched it.

Now I get the joke...*groan*

*takes brownie* Thanks Lagie