Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Does a 2nd gen copper like this have any value? Could I get some cb/2nd gen pb ridgewing hatchies for it?

Hey guys I have a question: What is worth more:

1x CB Neglected

OR

3x CB Silvers + 1x CB Red Copper + 1x CB Brown Copper?

Thank you in advance for answering my question biggrin.gif!

Hey guys I have a question: What is worth more:

1x CB Neglected

OR

3x CB Silvers + 1x CB Red Copper + 1x CB Brown Copper?

Thank you in advance for answering my question biggrin.gif!

2nd option, but make sure whoever is offering you the 2nd has at least half of the trade/reputable person. ._.;

@Ivy: 2g Coppers usually aren't good trade fodder as it only hits a few specific people. Best time to breed things for trades is when the person is asking for it imo or you're really sure it'll get you something. I'd say you could get 2-3x 2g PB ridges for it. As for CBs, I'm not quite sure. ._.; I mean you could find CBs of those in AP pretty easy.

Edited by Saynna

Is this Pumpkin worth any good? Linage here

It's a 2gen from 2 Spriter's Alt dragons (I think thats the right term?) from Marionetta.

If it's any good, how much do you think its worth?

Thanks smile.gif

Pretty much everything. LOL

Myself, personally, would offer some CB Metals & 3rd gen tins/shims for it. But I think there's lots of people who would overpay for such a thing. You'd be swimming in offers.

It depends on if you are going to be online the day of the release or not.

If you are going to be online I'd say nothing at all: last year they were very easy to catch and I'm pretty sure you'll be easily able to catch them yourself

If you are not going to be on DC, so you'll need them days after, I may suggest 2nd gen metallics or 4th gen shimmers.

I myself tried to trade 3rd gen metallics for new release hatchlings and I didn't had a single bite.

Doesn't surprise me that you didn't get some, to be honest. 2nd, 3rd gen metallics or 4th gen Shimmers for eggs/hatchlings which you can only get on 1 day in the whole year and then never again? blink.gif

Offering something which you can breed lots of times for something the other person cannot get again - that's not very fair in my opinion.

It's really interesting how different people think. I want to see CB Metals for CB Halloween dragons tongue.gif

Doesn't surprise me that you didn't get some, to be honest. 2nd, 3rd gen metallics or 4th gen Shimmers for eggs/hatchlings which you can only get on 1 day in the whole year and then never again? blink.gif

Offering something which you can breed lots of times for something the other person cannot get again - that's not very fair in my opinion.

It's really interesting how different people think. I want to see CB Metals for CB Halloween dragons tongue.gif

Problem with that however, people can easily catch the CB Halloweens themselves. Hell, they were so easy, I had time to hunt for 7 different CB halloweens with easy recognizable, cool codes. xd.png Yes it's only once a year, but most people are satisfied with even just 2 of them and will trade excess off. There's going to be way more people willing to trade off 1:1 CB Halloween for CB Metal if that became "popular" trading trend. But how many people would do it? There are trades still trying to trade off *7* eggs for just 1 CB Metallic and I bet they still haven't gotten an offer. There's just not enough people willing to trade CB Metallics for CB halloweens. Maybe just 2-4 people got a CB Metallic so far for their CB Halloweens, but that's probably the max amount and I still doubt anyone got a CB metallic yet. Honestly, I got bites for 2g Metals, 4g Shimmers, and offspring off my 3g perfect checker dorkface. I feel these were all completely fair offers. Really this is kinda the mindset of what players have after CB halloween catching, imo:

"Ah, caught 7 cb halloweens! Eww, uneven number. sad.gif I think I'm going to try to get one more or just trade one off for a CB Metallic since I've already got 3 pairs. I might add more for an interesting offer lulz."

Well, if you look at the trade thread right now you'll se a ton of people offering 2nd-3rd gen metallics or 4-5th gen shimmers for new halloween eggs (many asking for more then one halloween)

I don't think it is unfair : no one is ever obliged to accept those offers, and someone could value more a 2nd gen gold then a cb halloween if they got 7 eggs and don't need that many and - on the contrary - don't have any low gen metallic.

@aurorain

OMG, alt pumpkins? ohmy.gif I din't even think they existed!

Personally I'd value 3x CB Silvers + 1x CB Red Copper + 1x CB Brown Copper much more then a single CB neglected, but you should be sure the person you are trading it already has them or at least is a fair trader

Edited by Iside

@Saynna & Iside:

Uff, to be honest, when I looked at the trades I thought "you cannot be serious!" many many times. No way. In some cases, it just seemed to me that these people think their bred dragons are better than the cb dragons of other people.

[Yes, the Halloweens were easy to get, but let's not forget the people who couldn't be online on the 31st or who simply forgot the release wink.gif ]

To me, any Shimmer/Tinsel higher than 3rd gen has no real value - when I just started to play I had another opinion but seeing that many people gift away their Shimmer/Tinsel offspring...and anyway, I don't get the "obsession" with the prize dragons overall. I have no plans to ever put effort into getting a 3rd gen or 2nd gen, the dragons look all the same but have other names and other mates, so what wink.gif

2nd gen Metals are good for bloodswaps in my opinion if you need them, how someone can give away a CB Halloween for it - even if they don't need their CB Halloweens - is beyond me, sorry blink.gif

There is "Breeding & Gifting" where you can ask for a 2nd gen Metal for free, you'll just have to be patient, nice and follow the rules...

But of course, everybody has his/her own preferences and the trading situation might change in the next years.

New Halloween dragons are not worth CB Metals. However, 1 CB Metal might be worth several New Halloween hatchies. Why? Because there's so many of the new Haloween hatchies right now, even if it's for once a year.

Also, I did trade a 4th gen. Shimmer for 2 Halloween hatchies, which I personally think is fair. Earlier, I also made an IOU trade of two 5th gen. Shimmers for 2 New Halloween hatchies.

1) In some cases, it just seemed to me that these people think their bred dragons are better than the cb dragons of other people.

2) Yes, the Halloweens were easy to get, but let's not forget the people who couldn't be online on the 31st or who simply forgot the release wink.gif

3) To me, any Shimmer/Tinsel higher than 3rd gen has no real value - when I just started to play I had another opinion but seeing that many people gift away their Shimmer/Tinsel offspring...and anyway, I don't get the "obsession" with the prize dragons overall. I have no plans to ever put effort into getting a 3rd gen or 2nd gen, the dragons look all the same but have other names and other mates, so what wink.gif 2nd gen Metals are good for bloodswaps in my opinion if you need them, how someone can give away a CB Halloween for it - even if they don't need their CB Halloweens - is beyond me, sorry blink.gif

There is "Breeding & Gifting" where you can ask for a 2nd gen Metal for free, you'll just have to be patient, nice and follow the rules...

4) But of course, everybody has his/her own preferences and the trading situation might change in the next years.

1) Uhm, tell me.... 2g Gold Bronze Shimmer, first of its kind or 10 CB Tsunamis? 2g from Spirter alt or 10 CB Tsunamis? 2g Holly or 10 CB Tsunamis?

There are many instances when lineages are worth more than CBs, just going to throw it out there. I have managed to even get a CB Blusang (offered to me, not from me) for a 5g EG bronze Shimmer that was pretty, though I admit most of the time I gift away its offspring, but in this case I just wanted to see what it would be worth. =p I even know that there are even players here that managed to trade off long beautiful lineages for CB Silvers in the past with another experienced player. I myself trade off Unbreedables/CB Trios/CB Blusangs for 5g-6g PB Whites. Not metals, but still worth quite a bit.

2) So we should manipulate that value of people not being able to be online for release and say whatever crazy price we want it to be? I've had enough trouble where someone knows I've really wanted something (usually codes) and offered a very fair if not over price on something before that now I try to suppress it because I need a "poker face" rolleyes.gif

3) Check Breeding and Gifting again and look at the silvers. They got requests that are about to deleted soon for being on list so long. Yes, people do giveaway 2g metals, but I have heard that back then someone would gift away their 2g Tinsels on IRC. There's even another one that is currently doing 10 raffles of 2g Bronze Shimmers. I will not reveal names for their sake, but it is true =p Still does not decrease their value does it. And to be honest, I got on an extra 2g Shimmer list just because the person recognized I liked anime. laugh.gif

4) That I agree on.

New Halloween dragons are not worth CB Metals. However, 1 CB Metal might be worth several New Halloween hatchies. Why? Because there's so many of the new Haloween hatchies right now, even if it's for once a year.

In your opinion.

@Saynna:

1) Uhm, tell me.... 2g Gold Bronze Shimmer, first of its kind or 10 CB Tsunamis? 2g from Spirter alt or 10 CB Tsunamis? 2g Holly or 10 CB Tsunamis?

I didn't see any 2gen Shimmers offered in the trades for CB Halloweens nor did I talk about 2nd gen Shimmers/Hollies for CB Halloween trades? What have CB Tsunamis to do with CB Halloweens now, I have to ask? unsure.gif

And I know that pretty lineages can be worth something. But in case of Shimmers/Tinsels where you can find the same pattern many times wherever you look? To me, it's has gotten boring and I'd not trade a CB rare for a Shimmer/Tinsel anymore. I think I still need a male & female Shimmer/Tinsel to have a male&female of each color for my scroll goals but I hope I can catch some in the AP/departure thread or do bloodswap.

So we should manipulate that value of people not being able to be online for release and say whatever crazy price we want it to be? I've had enough trouble where someone knows I've really wanted something (usually codes) and offered a very fair if not over price on something before that now I try to suppress it because I need a "poker face"

Um, that's how trading works?! People who have low gen Shimmers/Tinsels manipulate too, don't they?

I couldn't win a CB Shimmer/Tinsel how dare they set "crazy" prizes for a 2nd gen!! wink.gif

There's even another one that is currently doing 10 raffles of 2g Bronze Shimmers. I will not reveal names for their sake, but it is true =p Still does not decrease their value does it. And to be honest, I got on an extra 2g Shimmer list just because the person recognized I liked anime.

...I am not sure what you want to hear from me now? "OH TELL ME WHO THAT PERSON IS!!!I LIVE IN JAPAN SO THE PERSON WILL PUT ME ON THE FIRST PLACE OF THE LIST I AM SURE!!!!!Oneeinsichi"? Ahahaha.

I think I made it already clear that I don't care about Tinsels/Shimmer collecting that much...

smile.gif

Okay first off. This is ridiculous. Basically what you're saying, Mondat, is "I see what you're saying, but all that is just your opinion. Here's my opinion, and you better agree with it because I'm totally right".

Second of all, people can (attempt to) trade off their dragons for whatever the hell they want. It shouldn't matter to you. If I want to put up an inbred Mint and ask for a CB Gold, I can do it. It does not affect you in any way, shape, or form.

Lastly, each user values things differently. I value 2G Prizefails, and will pay nicely for them, whereas my one friend got one, and just froze it because he thought it was cute, and the lineage meant nothing to him. Just because you don't care about Shimmer/Tinsel collecting doesn't mean a vast majority of users also share your view.

Edited by Erica8798

This is a thread warning:

Please remember to discuss the topic and not attack others.

thank you

Also, I did trade a 4th gen. Shimmer for 2 Halloween hatchies, which I personally think is fair. Earlier, I also made an IOU trade of two 5th gen. Shimmers for 2 New Halloween hatchies.

[bolding by me] Pretty much, and lets face it, there's always going to be someone who would snap up the offer of their several Halloween hatchlings for a single CB metal. If one person doesn't find that offer acceptable (and *anything* is an acceptable trade depending upon the person), *shrug*, someone else will come along and offer anyway.

With Halloween hatchlings, right now, there's a lot of them in circulation (temporarily), and a lot of people wanting them. This is a good thing. The newbies or people who don't have what the majority of the trading community wants, can forfeit these CBs (presuming they care about CB, among other factors) in exchange for, essentially, more trade fodder or "better" lineages.

Some people don't find 2nd gen Thuweds all that worthy, but me and a lot of others certainly do; to the point where we'll go as far as offering CB metals for them. Or we'll negotiate to find what they deem an acceptable trade to them. Some don't care, they think they're as valuable as any random dragon. And that's okay.

I also value 2G spriter alts, but some people don't care. I'll often offer things in extremely high demand in return for them. Just because someone isn't interested in such a trade doesn't mean there isn't another person who is.

2G/3G tinsels and shimmers are what the majority of the trading community would like, from what I've observed, so it's only sense that it's these that trade well. And hence, why there's a lot in circulation.

Um, that's how trading works?! People who have low gen Shimmers/Tinsels manipulate too, don't they?

And we aren't manipulative, at least most of us aren't. Personally, I don't care for 4th gen tinsels/shimmers if I can get 3rd gens. Some people love 4th gens. So what I like to do is put up 4th and 3rd gens for trade, and just ask for something simple i.e 10-15 CB mint hatchlings around 4 days. Gets me what I want, and them what they want. Surprisingly a lot of people love this sort of trade; I didn't expect them to.

All in all, people are free to ask whatever they want, and offer whatever they want. There's just too many factors, and it's only possible to gauge interest/chance of trading it by just throwing it up there for trade. The trading community will be the factor that decides whether you get what you want.

Edited by FortyTwo

...I am not sure what you want to hear from me now?

Since I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, bear with me for a moment: There are other people reading this thread (okay, that part is definitely obvious, of course user posted image), and statements like the one you quoted have a secondary purpose... to remind others that it's not a good idea to give out the names of people who gift ultrarares. It prevents them from getting swamped in requests. So I don't think anyone was fishing for a reaction from you in particular.

As a general observation, I figure a good way to consider this thread is "how much is something worth in the Trading section of this forum?". As someone who has managed to trade three 2G metallics for a CB new halloween egg each (each in record time), I can tell you that, objectively speaking, 2G metallics are currently valued higher than the CB new halloween eggs.

Whether that ought to be the case is a different question entirely. smile.gif

Subjectively, I'd never agree with the prices for low-generation Tinsels and Shimmers, for example, but that just means I don't trade for them (it helps that I'm not keen on their sprites laugh.gif ), but I know 2G prize dragons are high-level ultrarares. That's not changed by the fact that I personally would be unlikely to pay much for them. So... instead, they go to people that do (or otherwise qualify themselves, e.g. by being friends, or by being picked in a raffle, and so on...), which is actually good, since it means they go to people who do want them instead of oddballs like me. *grins*

Does that help understand why you're seeing this discrepancy between what you feel (which I can strongly empathise with) and what the thread (and the Trading section) is telling you? user posted image

Edited by pinkgothic

Personally, I wouldn't trade anything for it. But right now I don't put much value in any metal over 2nd gen, since people are still trading them like they're hard to get when metals are actually breeding rather well, compared to past times.

@FortyTwo:

All in all, people are free to ask whatever they want, and offer whatever they want. There's just too many factors, and it's only possible to gauge interest/chance of trading it by just throwing it up there for trade. The trading community will be the factor that decides whether you get what you want.

Yes, thank you, I didn't mean to say anything else - I was just stating my personal opinion.

@pinkgothic:

It is obvious to me that you shouldn't post the names of the users who gift/have "ultrarares" ninja.gif . But why you have to post "I know someone who gifts them but I won't tell and hihi I got on the 2nd gen list but again, I won' tell you" in first place - this is what I didn't understand biggrin.gif

@Enigmatron:

I think the same as IvyJaclyn and I wouldn't trade anything for it either. Um, sorry? unsure.gif

If you want to know why: I prefer checkers or perfect mirrors overall and the half Mirrow, half Silver/White/Soulpeace isn't very appealing to me. Sorry.

I guess it's the same with what I have.

I have been trying to breed two 4EG Golds half-heartedly to create this but I don't think I could get anything for it, unless I can build a mate for the male with more fitting colors.

That's just typical. I finally breed a Silver and it's 'not worth anything'. .-. And a bit upsetting, really.

Am I the only person who prefers interesting combinations in lineages? Think of the possibilities for descriptions and backstories... :/

Edited by Enigmatron

@Mondat: Yus, but... it may not be obvious to everyone else. smile.gif I'd have much the same reflex in regards to CB metallics. (And, I know tone doesn't carry well on the internet, but... the person you were quoting was not laughing at you.)

Some people just genuinely don't know that there are people who gift ultrarares and it helps this thread to remind that they do exist, because they do impact the market. It's just really difficult to talk about them without the "I can't mention who it is" disclaimer.

Am I the only person who prefers interesting combinations in lineages?

Nope, definitely not alone, but interesting lineages have two caveats:

1) The things that can be done with them in regards to future lineages are (perceived to be) fewer than the things you can do with CBs (where you're completely flexible about pairs and patterns) or lower-generations (where higher-generation patterns haven't established themselves yet).

2) The more varied and interesting the lineage and the more it approaches a work of art, the less likely you'll find someone whose sense of aesthetics matches up to it. Someone might look at it and decide "ooh, this is exactly what I've been looking for!", but it's unfortunately unlikely.

That's what puts their overall trade value quite low, despite the hours some people need to pour into making them. (One exception to this rule seems to be purebred evengen golds and silvers, which seem to have solid value regardless of generation number, but then, that's not particularly 'creative' (for lack of a better word), so I feel it may be a bit orthogonal to what you're asking.)

Regarding your silver in particular, it's a 5G evengen - once you get over 4G with evengens, people sometimes feel "ooh that's pretty... but I'd never get a mate for it!" and then don't offer.

Psychologically, though... don't view the Trading-section value as an indicator of true value.

Consider it like this (very roughly, I just fiddled this together in five minutes; those base value lines don't accurately relate to the fluctuation spikes, but should make the principle of it clear tongue.gif):

Chart linked because it has a silly horizontal size and I don't want to hog space - clickey!

"Trade value" here is "value the dragon would have in trade if the whole trading section consisted only of the user in question"; the fact high evengens have a low base value and many people are aware of this means what they'll actually pay is only going to be a bit above base value - enough to ensure they definitely get it, but as cheap as they can get away with, of course.

But... that doesn't mean they don't like or even love it! smile.gif

Personally, I adore perfect gradient spirals, but they fetch no interest in the Trading section; because I know this, I don't pay very much for them, either, but they're still incredibly close to my heart.

Edited by pinkgothic

Also - nobody's interested in CB Bloodscales nowadays? Srsly? I only want a kind-of-common for it laugh.gif

Edit. Finally someone offered something, two low-time Pumpkin eggs. I've never waited so long.

Edited by Light Concorde

@pinkgothic:

It is obvious to me that you shouldn't post the names of the users who gift/have "ultrarares" ninja.gif . But why you have to post "I know someone who gifts them but I won't tell and hihi I got on the 2nd gen list but again, I won' tell you" in first place - this is what I didn't understand biggrin.gif

Because there are people. Now I'm not sure if you know what you just said.

"It is obvious to me that you shouldn't post the names of the users who gift/have "ultrarares"

But why you have to post "I know someone who gifts them but I won't tell and hihi I got on the 2nd gen list but again, I won' tell you" in first place - this is what I didn't understand

Both of these statement contradicts themselves. If it's so obvious that you know we're not suppose to name who is gifting rares than why do you not understand that I'm doing just that?

Also didn't quote/explain myself for you yesterday because I'm really tired. :3 Will edit here soon. -yawns-

@Saynna

You are free to write me a PM.

@Light Concorde

A few weeks ago I traded a CB Bloodscale and I got a CB Golden Wyvern hatchling and a messy offer rolleyes.gif I took the GW because it gendered female and I needed one for my scroll goals.

From my own experience, Bloodscales were rarer 2 months ago - I couldn't get one from the cave but then suddenly they were popping up. The problem with them is that they can only breed with other 2 heads so...

==================

I am interested in hearing some opinions regarding the names of dragons. I personally would value a lineaged dragon whose ancestors are characters from a favorite tv show very much.

I think it really depends from person to person, the person's interests and the type of dragons, does it?

So let's say, I breed Quentin Tarantino to Naomi Campbell, could I ask for Red and Pink hatchlings?

Edited by Mondat

I've been trying to offer this two lineages in exchange for a single one hatchling from the new halloweens.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WLC4Y

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0Ssez

And I haven got over 6 or 7 rejections. Am I offering too little? That's the most valuable thing I've got in my scroll, and I really wanted a male hatchie to have four pairings (have never traded in the past, I always kept the original 7 eggies).

I admit I feel a bit disheartened. Been all morning trying to get it, and I don't think there is anyone left in the trading posts who I haven't PMed.