Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Hi, I've two questions:

Would a CB silver be as equal worth of a CB gold? If not how much CB silver's would it take to get a CB gold?

Also, would 2 CB Red dorsals be worth a CB green copper?

Thanks

CB silvers are in an irritating niche where they don't drop noticeably more frequently than CB golds (that I've been able to tell, at least; the people who can catch them reliably might be a better source, though, but at least one person has said the same thing in this thread before), but their market value nonetheless is somewhere around 1.5 CB silvers = 1 CB gold, thanks to cultural factors ("gold is more valuable than silver") and because the gold sprite is so ridiculously shiny. (<3)

That means it's difficult to get a CB gold for a single CB silver in the Trading section(! there are other avenues, like Dragon Cave's IRC), but conversely, as far as I know, it's also difficult to get two CB silvers for a CB gold. Neither is impossible, mind; those swaps do happen, I've done a two silvers : one gold swap myself when I had the impossible pleasure of having two silvers on me once.

Sadly it's a bit difficult to break eggs into fractions. laugh.gif So keeping a 2 : 1 in your head is an adequate estimate.

--

Regarding the CB red dorsals and the CB green copper, I have to agree with Saynna.

CB red dorsals and CB tan ridgewings are rare because you can't tell at-a-glance if they're not their more common base colours (purple dorsal and purple ridgewing) and the difficulty of obtaining them stems from that you either play common roulette with them, i.e. click and hope you get lucky - or you try to check which colour the egg is before someone else has done former or checked faster than you, which rarely works.

Meawhile, CB coppers are only slowly receding from their ultrarare status in common perception - there are still some people (not many, just some) that are happy to trade a CB silver for a CB copper, even if coppers are dropping objectively more frequently than silvers, and trades are definitely opening up for lower tiers.

Even so, those tiers don't compare well.

For all the lineage nut who frequent here, i have: This copper with 4 alts

it is a fouth gen w/ 4 lots of alts in it's lineage, and I was hoping for an idea of what you might offer for it? I know that 2nd gens are more often sought after and so you can get more for it.

I remember asking about this and multiple people but one told me that 1 CB Silver = 1 CB Gold. I find this absolutely false. I have noticed and kept a close eye on trades of people trading off their CB Golds and 100% of the time I've seen them get multiple CB metallics for them. My friend was trying to trade off two CB brown/red Copper for one and didn't get a bit. As for me, I've traded off a CB Gold and gotten multiple CB metallics which I traded off the excess (CB Red Copper) for a 3g Prize. 2 CB Silvers = 1 CB Gold.

coppers... Are an oddity.

While they are metallic, they are not meant to be rare.

As such, only impatient players, the ultrarich, or newbie-traders will trade a cb gold or cb silver for them. I'd advise you not to do such deals if you have less than 20 cb metals on your scroll. smile.gif

As for the gold to silver ratio: they drop at roughly the same rates.

Oh gosh, that was a lot of useful information you gave out there happy.gif. Thank you Saynna, pinkgothic and whitebaron smile.gif Thanks guys for answering my question

Edited by aurorain

Are Green Opals considered rare and sought after no matter the line?

I have been trying to trade rather nice dragons (aka 4th gen Tinsels and/or 4-5th gen Shimmers) for a Green Opal hatchling with absolutely any lineage, and I haven't succeeded even once, people would choose another option. This time I am offering a 4th gen stair Bronze Tinsel and have made the Opal the only trade option - no interest so far.

What I would like to know is whether I am having tough luck finding one and it's just a coincidence, or it is indeed very difficult to obtain any.

Thank you <3

I have been trying to trade rather nice dragons (aka 4th gen Tinsels and/or 4-5th gen Shimmers) for a Green Opal hatchling with absolutely any lineage, and I haven't succeeded even once, people would choose another option. This time I am offering a 4th gen stair Bronze Tinsel and have made the Opal the only trade option - no interest so far.

What I would like to know is whether I am having tough luck finding one and it's just a coincidence, or it is indeed very difficult to obtain any.

Thank you <3

Opals are weird. Sometimes people bite your hand off for one, other times they don't seem at all interested. I've traded a CB green Opal for a CB Copper, another for a 3rd gen Shimmer. But then again, just recently I had 3 CB Opals and couldn't get anything like the same kind of offer - I ended up keeping the two oldest and AP'ing the other because I simply couldn't be bothered to wait around just in case someone came up with something decent. Possibly it's tricky because they're more "desirable" than the purple variant, but they're two-heads so perhaps on the whole they're much less commonly bred than regular dragon breeds and as such aren't something people just have to hand.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Opals are weird.  Sometimes people bite your hand off for one, other times they don't seem at all interested.  I've traded a CB green Opal for a CB Copper, another for a 3rd gen Shimmer.  But then again, just recenty I had 3 CB Opals and couldn't get anything like the same kind of offer - I ended up keeping two and AP'ing the other because I simply couldn't be bothered to wait around just in case someone came up with something decent.

I do understand the point about CB Opals, as they are rather hard to get (I managed to catch some myself but yeah, they don't appear often from my experience), but what's the problem about lineaged ones? I mean, I'd be willing to accept an inbred 123th gen, but I am still getting nothing xd.png So I feel rather confused to be honest.

Thanks for the answer biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Possibly it's tricky because they're more "desirable" than the purple variant, but they're two-heads so perhaps on the whole they're much less commonly bred than regular dragon breeds and as such aren't something people just have to hand.

Ah, okay, thanks! <3

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Thank you <3

Part of my problem with green opals is even my greens are breeding purples so if others have the same problem greens even bred ones are hard to come buy.

Thank you <3

I think these depends on some variables.

You have 4th gen tinsels so the potential trader needs to;

- Be interested in that lineage (which can be tricky, if I can't continue it, I won't trade for it)

- Have an opal dragon at the time the trade is up.

- Such dragon has to be a hatchling the moment you put the trade.

The trade is more than fair, but the conditions to be met are tricky, and I know some people turn away from hatchling trades as they are normally not readily avaliable.

I somehow managed to catch two CB Blusangs and a CB Green Copper earlier today. While I'll be keeping one of the Blusangs, I already have a CB pair of each Copper color, so I'm thinking about trading away the other Blusang and the Copper.

What Tinsel/Shimmer gen can I get for the two? Is the Copper or both together worth a CB Silver or CB Gold? I've never traded with something that valuable, so I'm wondering. unsure.gif

I somehow managed to catch two CB Blusangs and a CB Green Copper earlier today. While I'll be keeping one of the Blusangs, I already have a CB pair of each Copper color, so I'm thinking about trading away the other Blusang and the Copper.

What Tinsel/Shimmer gen can I get for the two? Is the Copper or both together worth a CB Silver or CB Gold? I've never traded with something that valuable, so I'm wondering. unsure.gif

I managed to get a CB Gold for a CB Cooper just last week. So, you've got a chance to get a trade like that.

Thank you <3

The problem is maybe that you were asking for an hatchling: opals can be very difficult to trade (few days ago I tried to trade a 2nd gen green opal egg for a 2nd gen autumn or a cb purple and I didn't have a single bite for two days, so I ended up dropping it), so people are not really willing to keep an egg on their scroll for 2-3 days thinking they will not be able to trade it neither as an hatchling.

And so if they see a fair offer (very fair, I'd say) like yours, they don't have the hatchlings on their scrolls.

I managed to get a CB Gold for a CB Cooper just last week. So, you've got a chance to get a trade like that.

Thanks for your answer. smile.gif So what could I get for the Blusang alone?

You should be able to get CB Gold or CB Silver for the CB Green Copper (I personally would not but seems several others are willing too).

As for the CB Blusang ... that is bit more difficult to say at time. Several weeks ago, you probably could have gotten golds or silvers, but since they have been dropping in caves for awhile now, I would kinda doubt that you will anymore. Not saying its impossible, just lot less likely. Personally I think Blusangs are worth CB Coppers .. but since you stated you have those already. Guess you might be able to get 3rd gen Tinsel/Shimmer for one. CB Blusang is difficult to say atm since value is slowly dropping.

Thank you for your answer! I've set up the trade now, let's see what people are willing to offer for that Blusang. :3

If you're willing to accept lineages in return it shouldn't be hard to trade. I don't think you'll get anything too uncommon though. I've traded for several lines similar to that and usually for 2-4 nicely lineaged even gen or spiral commons, or holiday checkers, that kind of thing.

What would you offer for new realease (halloween) eggs? (Yeah, I know it's difficult to say since they are not released yet, but let's try smile.gif )

What would you offer for new realease (halloween) eggs? (Yeah, I know it's difficult to say since they are not released yet, but let's try smile.gif )

It depends on if you are going to be online the day of the release or not.

If you are going to be online I'd say nothing at all: last year they were very easy to catch and I'm pretty sure you'll be easily able to catch them yourself

If you are not going to be on DC, so you'll need them days after, I may suggest 2nd gen metallics or 4th gen shimmers.

I myself tried to trade 3rd gen metallics for new release hatchlings and I didn't had a single bite.

Is this Pumpkin worth any good? Linage here

It's a 2gen from 2 Spriter's Alt dragons (I think thats the right term?) from Marionetta.

If it's any good, how much do you think its worth?

Thanks smile.gif

It's a 2gen from 2 Spriter's Alt dragons (I think thats the right term?) from Marionetta.

Thanks smile.gif

ohmy.gif

That is so awesome! You could probably name your price and get just about anything you wanted. OTOH any nicely lineaged offspring you breed would probably bring in some nice trades too.

I'm green with envy, lol.

BTW, now that people know of it's existence keep a close eye on it, I imagine you might get a lot of views and clicks from curious players. Would hate for it to get sick.

Edited by Tawanda001

Thanks smile.gif

Holy crap I didn't even know those existed laugh.gif

You could definitely get nice things for it. o3o