Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I've been trying to offer this two lineages in exchange for a single one hatchling from the new halloweens.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WLC4Y

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0Ssez

And I haven got over 6 or 7 rejections. Am I offering too little? That's the most valuable thing I've got in my scroll, and I really wanted a male hatchie to have four pairings (have never traded in the past, I always kept the original 7 eggies).

I admit I feel a bit disheartened. Been all morning trying to get it, and I don't think there is anyone left in the trading posts who I haven't PMed.

Problem is that right now almost everyone is trying to get more new halloween, so the request for them is very high.

I think a 2nd and a 3rd gen silver are about the same value of other dragons offered for new halloweens. But, if I correctly saw your dragons, in your case you still have to breed them, and you never know when you''l be able to get an egg out of a metallic.

@Mondat

Value of named dragons really vary from people to people.

Personally, I think names are good to keep track or your dragons, and to have a sort of family of them, but I don't value named dragons more the unnamed ones at all.

But everyone have their tastes. The same way, there are players who don't care about codes at all and other who value specific codes a lot.

Edited by Iside

Personally, I wouldn't trade anything for it. But right now I don't put much value in any metal over 2nd gen, since people are still trading them like they're hard to get when metals are actually breeding rather well, compared to past times.

Boy MINE sure aren't breeding! All I've gotten is no egg produced! And I sure would NOT trade any of my CB Graves for a 5-6gen Shimmer!

Problem is that right now almost everyone is trying to get more new halloween, so the request for them is very high.

I think a 2nd and a 3rd gen silver are about the same value of other dragons offered for new halloweens. But, if I correctly saw your dragons, in your case you still have to breed them, and you never know when you''l be able to get an egg out of a metallic.

Yes, that's about it. I bred, but got no egg and a metalfail.

Thank you, Iside. I'll just get into a solemn contemplation about the futilities of materialism while I rage inside about my hopeless poverty.

just 2 questions:

how many 2-3rd gen low gen tinsels/shimmers would be worth for one cb gold or one cb silver?

thank you

just 2 questions:

how many 2-3rd gen low gen tinsels/shimmers would be worth for one cb gold or one cb silver?

thank you

2nd gen Tinsel/Shimmer can easily get you a CB metal, or even a couple of them - I'm pretty sure that some people are offering up to four or five of them for a trade. Third gen one could also get you a metal. As far as fourth gens go, I think that two-three of them would be a fair price for a CB metal.

I've been trying to offer this two lineages in exchange for a single one hatchling from the new halloweens.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WLC4Y

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0Ssez

And I haven got over 6 or 7 rejections. Am I offering too little? That's the most valuable thing I've got in my scroll, and I really wanted a male hatchie to have four pairings (have never traded in the past, I always kept the original 7 eggies).

I admit I feel a bit disheartened. Been all morning trying to get it, and I don't think there is anyone left in the trading posts who I haven't PMed.

The reason you got refusals is *probably* - I am just taking a guess - that the two are related, the 3rd gen isn't a checker and the Nebulas. Considering that I heard that other people - not me - gave away their weenies for 2nd gen Metals I think that these are the reasons.

I personally don't do lineages with Nebulas because there is a high change you don't get the right coloured offspring and I am not very patient wink.gif

Yesterday I did try to trade away a Green Dino for a weenie just to see if I could get something. Result: 0. I even offered it to 2 people who were stating they wanted to have a Dino but they let me waiting and then their egg hatched and they didn't renew the trade link rolleyes.gif

@Iside:

Thanks for replying, just what I thought.

Thank you, Mondat. Yeah, I thought it wasn't such a good idea offering two, but my other silvers are messy or fifth gens, so, there.

That's the most valuable thing I have in my scroll. I admit I was pretty confident about the trade, but grew a bit desperate when everyone told me they weren't interested. Moreso I was doing a great investme, because I planned to keep the next from the third gen (as the first I gifted to an awesome person who helped me a bunch), and wanted to try get a green opal with a second gen, as I don't have any and can't catch them.

Oh well, that'll teach me to play in the big boy's playground. tongue.gif

How rare are CB Green Opals now?

It seems all of a sudden theres more in trading, but they're still asking for things like CB Metals and 2nd gen prizes. ><

I saw a flood of green opals the first two days after Halloween ended but to my eyes it appears to be slowing down. I am not sure if we are still seeing a backlash when people stopped picking up eggs during the event weeks or a more permanent change.

I think that was a long way of saying, I think it is too early to tell.

Edited by ElayneDragonLover

Because there are people. Now I'm not sure if you know what you just said.

Both of these statement contradicts themselves. If it's so obvious that you know we're not suppose to name who is gifting rares than why do you not understand that I'm doing just that?

Also didn't quote/explain myself for you yesterday because I'm really tired. :3 Will edit here soon. -yawns-

When you say "I know people who will give out something for free, but I'm not telling you," you may mean "I can't tell you because the rules prohibit it" but what the person reads is "I know something you don't, nanana boo boo."

On the internet, with no tone of voice to go along with it, you tend to come across as an censorkip.gif***.

-------

How much of trading do you think is based on "how much something's worth" vs "how much you like it?" In other words, how likely are to trade for something you don't like because you think the offspring will be valuable?

Edited by rayden54

Any ideas what cb striped and cb blue opals are worth at the moment?

It seems to me that opals have become more common, is that true or is it just me?

Edit: Ok, I just read ElayneDragonLover posted exactly that two posts above mine, so it's not just me wink.gif Still wondering about the first part of my question though.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Any ideas what cb striped and cb blue opals are worth at the moment?

It seems to me that opals have become more common, is that true or is it just me?

Edit: Ok, I just read ElayneDragonLover posted exactly that two posts above mine, so it's not just me wink.gif Still wondering about the first part of my question though.

CB Stripes are, from what I've seen, only worth anything to collectors of the breed. As far as I know, they aren't very difficult to get.

What's a CB Blusang worth these days? I haven't traded in a while, but is a CB Copper or 4th gen Shimmer worth one?

What are 2g coppers worth?

From what I've seen, you could get a bloodswap from them.

I did get two long gen shimmers for two 2nd gen coppers and one 5th gen tinsel, and I got offered a CB blusang. Tried the trade again, and no such luck, not even for three hatchlings which are supposed to be more desirable. Should have picked the blusang... sleep.gif

Don't think I'll ever get so lucky again, considering the crappy scroll I have.

Edit;

What is a trihorn CB and a CB bleeding moon worth? Could I get a Cb speckle throat and a CB blacktip for them, or should I just toss them back? I caught them by accident and I don't really want them, but I do need the others.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

How rare are CB Green Opals now?

It seems all of a sudden theres more in trading, but they're still asking for things like CB Metals and 2nd gen prizes. ><

I am fairly confident to say they are a lot more common and I think just a bit less as common as CB Purple Opals now. Just wait it out for now while people figure it out too. I've been able to trade for CB Green opals for bred stuff and CB Autumns (2 and back when autumns were getting snipped hardcore, now it's just sitting sometimes lol). smile.gif I think I saw a few trading them off for CB Trios too =o

Honestly? I feel CB Blusangs are worth more than CB Green Opals now by judging rarity and availability of mates. Like I said, just wait it out now there's no harm of it. Most are still asking for CB Metallics/2g Prizes anyways even though they are getting a lot more common. ^^

@Ultra: I do not value CB Blusangs at 1:1 for CB Coppers, though I would say 2-3 CB Blusangs may fetch you one CB Copper. That would be fair IMO. Though now I don't see Green Coppers 1:1 with CB Golds either now.

Let's wait a bit more after halloween hype settles down more to check out on the CB Green Opals. =o Just to be sure/safe side.

I'm trying to trade a CB trihorn and a CB bleeding moon for a CB blacktip and a CB speckled throat.

Do I continue with it? Or do I give up and toss the eggs to the AP? I caught them by accident and don't really need them, so if trading is so dead only coppers and shimmers are trading fodder, I'll just unlock myself and hunt for what I need. I don't want to be scroll locked for three days just in case...

I'm trying to trade a CB trihorn and a CB bleeding moon for a CB blacktip and a CB speckled throat.

Do I continue with it? Or do I give up and toss the eggs to the AP? I caught them by accident and don't really need them, so if trading is so dead only coppers and shimmers are trading fodder, I'll just unlock myself and hunt for what I need. I don't want to be scroll locked for three days just in case...

If I were you, I'd drop the eggs in the AP / gift them and try to found a cb blacktib and specled throat myself.

I think those dragons are about the same in rarity, but the chances to find someone with a blacktip for trade and looking for a bleeding moon are quite small.

If I were you, I'd drop the eggs in the AP / gift them and try to found a cb blacktib and specled throat myself.

I think those dragons are about the same in rarity, but the chances to find someone with a blacktip for trade and looking for a bleeding moon are quite small.

Thank you. smile.gif

Edit; Did what you told me, and immediatly caught two low time CB terraes from the AP. I actually needed those, so I'm very happy right now. biggrin.gif

Edited by DragonNighthowler

the chances to find someone with a blacktip for trade and looking for a bleeding moon are quite small.

*coughs*

Honestly I don't check trade sections often, unless I have something to offer myself, and the fact almost everyone want shinies for shinies or barely possible lineages pushes me from said sections away, so I almost always miss such pleasantly easy trades laugh.gif

*coughs*

Honestly I don't check trade sections often, unless I have something to offer myself, and the fact almost everyone want shinies for shinies or barely possible lineages pushes me from said sections away, so I almost always miss such pleasantly easy trades laugh.gif

That's about the same reason why I don't trade. I have tried to trade fairly easy things for fairly easy things in the past, and either the egg ended up growing on me, or it took the good of 3 to 4 days to complete the trade, which considering this game, is a pretty long time to keep an egg you don't really want.

Most of the trades I see are; I have this uberrare and want an uberuberrare from this lists of unachievable uberrares, and no other offers because I bite.

It's a pretty hostile environment, so I stick to the AP and hunting, and trade very little.

That's about the same reason why I don't trade. I have tried to trade fairly easy things for fairly easy things in the past, and either the egg ended up growing on me, or it took the good of 3 to 4 days to complete the trade, which considering this game, is a pretty long time to keep an egg you don't really want.

Most of the trades I see are; I have this uberrare and want an uberuberrare from this lists of unachievable uberrares, and no other offers because I bite.

It's a pretty hostile environment, so I stick to the AP and hunting, and trade very little.

Yes lol. I also use EATW market, just to be sure half of the world sees my lame offer laugh.gif

Are CB Tsunamis worth anything anymore? They seem like they've become way easier to catch and I don't generally see people asking for them.

@LightConcorde: Thanks for pointing out EATW market; I'm using that for a couple of trades right now since the forums here are useless until the new Halloweens all grow up.

Yay, definitly true!

Most trades are like "Have 6th gen shimmer, want cb gold", "Have 10 cb golds, want 2nd gen shimmer" Have 3rd gen shimmer, want 3rd gen or lower shimmer", which are quite disapponting for people without ultrarare things and make very difficult to trade for more common dragons.

Maybe we should all start using this thread - now often forgotten - more

The common trading thread

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=150406