Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How much would two CB ungendered Nebulas go for?

DAMN.

What do you want for them. And how long can you hold them ? (As I so often say - it is all in the eye of the beholder. I WANT THEM - but I can't take them till March 1...)

I think trades all depend on how many are falling in the cave. I think that CB Blacks have gone down a bit in value, because they are dropping more in the cave. I see a ton of them in the trade threads, and I catch them pretty regularly. As for CB Stripes, they come and go also, I just caught 2 of them this morning.

The only thing with current values, is that its a lot like the Stock Market. It varies from day to day.

I remember not too long ago (or was it? lol) when golds dropped fairly regularly, and you even saw them now and then in the AP!! Blacks too....and at one time, CB pinks were considered a junk egg (before BSA). CB purples were another blocker, now are kinda coveted.

Maybe one day you won't be able to get rid of that pesky Ice on your scroll either. hehe.

Best advice I can give here, is haunt the Trade threads daily, note whats going for what, and remember, that next week could be very different.

And another question; How much is a CB vamp bitten by a CB vamp worth??

value is in the eye of the beholder. "cb" vamps tend to be more valuable than other vamps because of the lineage i.e. there is none...perfectly clean. I don't think people put too much value on "who" did the actual biting... except maybe for cases where a Thuwed or Dorkface vamp did the biting.. or perhaps someone who wants to go for ultimate clean and get a cb vamp bitten by an original halloween vamp.

Personally... I choose my vamps based on nice lineages.. so when I go hunting for vamps I want CB or even-gen.. no messy stuff.

Okay so I traded my CB Vamp for a CG Hellfire Hatchie, did I undersell it?

And another question: How much are CB Splits worth?

Did you want the hatchie ?

If so - no smile.gif

Simples smile.gif

As to the split - what you can get for them. No more, no less.

I want opinions on breeding/trading the eggs of two particular dragons. I'm trying to decide if they should be taken off my breeding rooster or not.

You see, I have decided to try to have only non inbreds on my scroll/only breed non-inbreeding type couples simply because(the exceptions to the rule about being on my scroll being those kept simply for their special ability that will not be breed anymore and the two ice rares because I've never been able to even see a non inbred one lol) . I do find though that there's indications with some people that it's really bad and others seem not to care >.< .

So I want a vote of opinions to find out the majority vote, I'll then just go with that probably xd.png. Would the babies of either of these two be good babies in your opinion?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/SfNK

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qpL0

And another question; How much is a CB vamp bitten by a CB vamp worth??

Depends on the person, really. *sounds like everyone else* Quite a number of traders don't like offers of 'unbreedables' (like vamps) and I doubt most people even look at the bite history of their vampires so you'd have to find someone interested in those sorts of things.

If it helps, I recently traded for the first bitten (assuming no previous ones were killed/died) egg of a CB vampire. I offered a 2G ice I was planning on trading anyway and two alt fail ridgewings (pretty lineages though). Trader was looking at any offers - I think these vamps are kinda open for anything. Pretty much the same as regular vamps with long bite histories.

ETA:

@ above: For a seasoned collector, I'd say no. At that point, they usually go for pretty/CB dragons and less open to accepting anything. But for a player first getting into summoning and still in the stage of collecting dragon sprites, I think it would. :)

Edited by Varekis

Answer to Staria:

So my answer to this question on your Inbred Ice eggs is pretty simple.. and kinda two faced as well. And not in the way one might originally take the word of being two faced.

On one hand I would welcome one of those eggs on my scroll, ONLY so that I could summon. I would NEVER breed it... but since I only have 1 CB Magma and 1 2nd Gen Thunder from a CB Magma and CB Thunder I am seriously missing the third part of my trio!

However, if I had an Ice, I would never welcome it to my scroll.. and as bad as this may be to say for some.. if I found it on the AP I would raise it till it was a hatchling and then either freeze it for looks if I was a freezer... or I would release it to the wild so that it would never breed again. I am pretty against Inbreeding.. so in my current state of needing an Ice for summoning purposes... my answer is simple.

It depends on what the person has on their scroll. People without an Ice may be a little more willing to accept an inbred ice on their scroll... but with an Ice it becomes a little less likely that they would accept one... At least, I know that is how it is for me.

Edited by Rekha

@varekis: So pretty much only interesting to someone like me before my recent year long siesta from dragon cave >.>

@Rekha: hmm well I could always try breeding one for you as a gift then and then not breed them anymore then that I suppose xd.png.

Honestly if even one was not inbred I'd probably release the other myself but they are the only of the trio i have >.<... I haven't been able to catch a thunder or magma inbred or otherwise lol.

What would the standard value of a 2nd gen silver be? Wondering because last summer I gave an IOU for one in exchange for a messy and long gold tinsel. Tinsels aren't as valuable now, so I'm thinking of re-negotiating.

Edited by ForeverFlygon

I want opinions on breeding/trading the eggs of two particular dragons. I'm trying to decide if they should be taken off my breeding rooster or not.

You see, I have decided to try to have only non inbreds on my scroll/only breed non-inbreeding type couples simply because(the exceptions to the rule about being on my scroll being those kept simply for their special ability that will not be breed anymore and the two ice rares because I've never been able to even see a non inbred one lol) . I do find though that there's indications with some people that it's really bad and others seem not to care >.< .

So I want a vote of opinions to find out the majority vote, I'll then just go with that probably xd.png. Would the babies of either of these two be good babies in your opinion?

I wouldn't trade for either. But I wouldn't kick it off my scroll altogether, probably, if I found it in the AP.

Second gen silver - CB black or nebula, maybe. But I would think trying to renegotiate something you already agreed to was a bit off.

Did you want the hatchie ?

If so - no smile.gif

Simples smile.gif

As to the split - what you can get for them. No more, no less.

That doesn't answer the question, Fuzz. Splits are worth (to me) a cb common, but if lineagewise, cb neb any color alt.

Personally I would trade let's say a 3rd gen pb black or stripe for one hatchie offspring of one of those ices, and I would freeze the hatchling. This because I don't already have any ice frozen hatchlings.

Otherwise i would probably trade for one of them only if I currently had no ice and needed one to summon

What would the standard value of a 2nd gen silver be? Wondering because last summer I gave an IOU for one in exchange for a messy and long gold tinsel. Tinsels aren't as valuable now, so I'm thinking of re-negotiating.

If you mean you still owe the silver for a tinsel egg you collected I think you should still give them the silver.

If they hadn't taken your IOU they might have been able to trade it for a silver egg at that point in time when tinsels were still quite valuable, and they would have a silver sitting on their scroll now.

The fact that tinsels have dropped in value isn't their fault and they shouldn't lose a chance at the silver they counted on getting for the tinsel. -altho I do understand your pain. I traded away some very nice things for a couple of tinsel IOU's that have gone down in value, and by the time I receive them probably won't be worth much at all in trade value. dry.gif

You take your chances with stuff like that IMO.

That doesn't answer the question, Fuzz. Splits are worth (to me) a cb common, but if lineagewise, cb neb any color alt.

Anything is worth what you are offered/what you are willing to accept. You will never get more than someone is prepared to offer. That's how markets work.

CB splits aren't something I can see myself trading for. So to me - it is worth exactly nothing. I wouldn't even trade one for any other common. (They aren't hard to get, if I did want one !)

Staria: Check the thread called Breeding, Gifting. There is a list of people waiting for an ice egg, many who do not mind inbreeding at all! There are many other types of gifting threads out there too that have people waiting for an Ice egg... so keep your eyes peeled!

hmm okay ^.6 well then, whenever i have a free spot I guess I'll just keep breeding them and see what happens O.O

Good luck on the breeding! I know I am working toward getting all of the Trio so I can breed... I am also trying to breed Tinsels to share the love that others gave to me when they gifted me with Tinsels... I find people here on the forums to be very kind and very sharing.. and I simply want to Pay it Forward!

Are cb silvers and cb golds equal in worth, or are cb golds worth twice as much?

Before the sprite change, I valued CB Silvers more personally. Now, I personally value them the same, but I wouldn't trade a CB Gold for a CB Silver if I got one, due to the market state.

How rare are booo tinsels?

I know 3rd gens are insane to get, and 2nd gens can't be bred anymore, but what about 4th Gen and up?

What would you guys trade for a booo?

How rare are booo tinsels?

I know 3rd gens are insane to get, and 2nd gens can't be bred anymore, but what about 4th Gen and up?

What would you guys trade for a booo?

I'm on lists for a couple of them. For an 8th gen I gave 1 CB Winter and 1 CB Harvest hatchies, for a 6th gen I gave 3 (Maybe 4?) CB pebble hatchies.

I've also offered a 4th gen stairstep silver hatchie on one and a CB thunder hatchie plus a couple common hatchies on another and was declined for both, I believe they were both 5th gens.

I hope that helps.

Are cb silvers and cb golds equal in worth, or are cb golds worth twice as much?

IMO, part of this is a perception question. People often ask for "CB Metallics" in a trade post, which gives the impression that they're of equal value. But, IME, if someone offers one and someone else the other, the CB Gold will win it.

As someone who's caught my fair share of them in the last few months, I can tell you that I've found CB Golds to be more rare. Even though it sometimes seems like the cave is dropping more of them, on the whole, I've seen more Silvers. In fact, just the other day I saw 2 CB Golds (missed them both dry.gif ), and 4 CB Silvers (grabbed 3 \o/), and that's generally been my experience - that Silvers turn up about twice as much as Golds.

So, while people will always have their personal preference, and while it's true that everything is worth what someone is willing to pay, I think that CB Golds rightfully command a higher price. And I actually know someone who gave two CB Silvers for a Gold. I just don't think that happens all that often because a. having 2 CB Silvers at the same time isn't all that common, and b. people who catch CB Silvers probably have a decent chance at catching CB Golds and so they might not want to make that trade.

I don't think you necessarily undersold the vamp - especially because the Volcano biome can be really boring to hunt in. Honestly, I think that the biggest value with vamps (besides their being cool lol) is that there's such a risk in getting them with the 24 hour wait (which is why I don't really ever bite any more).

And CB Splits are a difficult breed to put an exact value on. They're uncommon, and that creates it's own value, but they can only breed with each other, and that detracts from their value. Frankly, I'm hoping to see some new dragons that can breed with Splits, and that will definitely boost the value. These days? I think you need someone who's into breeding Splits to get a good deal.

Did you already get the Tinsel? If they're open to re-negotiating then that's great. However, i know a lot of people that will put someone on their permanent blacklist for something like that. I mean, that's kind of like punishing them because you're dragon wouldn't breed immediately and they've waited for your half of the deal. Not saying it will turn out badly, just that in trading - especially if you deal in the IOU part of it - reputation is everything.

How much are CB Vampires actually worth now?

I got all of the Vampires I really wanted a few months after Bite was implemented and they were really common. Now they seem to be desired again, so I wonder what their value is now?

Someone offered me a CB Vampire egg for a 3rd Gen Silver egg, and I want to know how far apart the values actually are.

Edited by WatersMoon110