Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Here's another kind of trade question: How long does it normally take you to get a trade? For like an average value swap?

I know when I have a rare I usually get offers within minutes, but for just average sort of trades I never know how long to wait before I need to take the hint that it's just not happening.

I want opinions on breeding/trading the eggs of two particular dragons. I'm trying to decide if they should be taken off my breeding rooster or not.  You see, I have decided to try to have only non inbreds on my scroll/only breed non-inbreeding type couples simply because(the exceptions to the rule about being on my scroll being those kept simply for their special ability that will not be breed anymore and the two ice rares because I've never been able to even see a non inbred one lol) . I do find though that there's indications with some people that it's really bad and others seem not to care >.< .  So I want a vote of opinions to find out the majority vote, I'll then just go with that probably xd.png.png. Would the babies of either of these two be good babies in your opinion?  http://dragcave.net/lineage/SfNK  http://dragcave.net/lineage/qpL0

The're ICES xd.png and it wouldn't make too much difference to me what their lineage was. smile.gif

Also, what value are pillows? (I know their value to me,(pretty high), but I don't know about other people)

Edited by MessengerDragon

I try to keep mine up for at least 24-36 hours if it's something I really want to trade, just because of the time difference. I figure half of my intended audience probably won't even be awake to see what I'm offering for at least 10-12 hours after I initially offer it.

Sooo...

I have:

2x CB Stripe eggs

1x CB Ice Egg

1x CB Magma Egg

2x CB Nebula Hatchies

Would i be able to get a CB gold with this? I can easily catch these again, but i cant seem to find a CB Gold anywhere >< I even caught myself a CB Silver eventho ive just started. Im sure i could catch a gold too, if i ever saw one tongue.gif Also, for a cb black, whats a reasonable offer with any of this?

Thanks happy.gif

Sooo...

I have:

2x CB Stripe eggs

1x CB Ice Egg

1x CB Magma Egg

2x CB Nebula Hatchies

Would i be able to get a CB gold with this? I can easily catch these again, but i cant seem to find a CB Gold anywhere >< I even caught myself a CB Silver eventho ive just started. Im sure i could catch a gold too, if i ever saw one tongue.gif Also, for a cb black, whats a reasonable offer with any of this?

Thanks happy.gif

I wouldn't give you a CB gold for that lot. (Not that I have one.... biggrin.gif)

I think I'd not trade a CB gold for anything short of two neglecteds !

I didnt really think id get one either, i wouldnt trade a CB Gold for it myself laugh.gif

Edited by samantca

I have to agree with the others, I wouldn't trade a CB Gold for that lot, I doubt I'd even trade a CB Silver for it either. ninja.gif

But what about a CB black? Whats a reasonable offer for one of those?

And thanks for your inputs! Im not gonna start ND experimenting just yet, so ill wait with the CB Gold till (if) i manage to catch one myself tongue.gif

That's kind of what confuses me -- if I can't catch a CB metallic, and I can't make a ND, how am I supposed to ever get either one? It seems like the only thing people will trade for either is more CB or low-gen, prettily-lineaged metallics, 2nd-gen Tinsels, or NDs!

What else is considered a reasonable trade for something like a CB Silver? Or for a 2nd-gen Tinsel? I'd gladly try to catch and hatch and save up some good dragons for a trade, but I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Yeah its a bit odd isnt it? Im pretty good at catching it seems, and ive even caught a CB silver. Ive only ever seen 1 CB gold... If people only want other CB metallics for a CB gold it makes it kinda hard for the average people to get one.

Id be happy to throw in a 2nd gen silver from my cb silver, but even that wont cut it i guess. And a 2nd gen tinsel is even worse to get. I guess the only thing one can do is try to get really got at making NDs o_O

That's kind of what confuses me -- if I can't catch a CB metallic, and I can't make a ND, how am I supposed to ever get either one?  It seems like the only thing people will trade for either is more CB or low-gen, prettily-lineaged metallics, 2nd-gen Tinsels, or NDs!

What else is considered a reasonable trade for something like a CB Silver?  Or for a 2nd-gen Tinsel?  I'd gladly try to catch and hatch and save up some good dragons for a trade, but I wouldn't even know where to begin!

I think that there are a few factors involved. One that I don't think most people take into consideration has less to do with what they offer and everything to do with the traders ability to catch CB metallics.

For instance, I've been extremely lucky and I've managed to catch about 9 or 10 Golds since Christmas when I went back to main cave hunting (and, side note, this is why I don't really support removing or transferring the 5 hour cool down rate time). And I don't say that to indicate I'm that great a hunter (there's bunches of people way better than me), it's just more that I've had time to do a boatload of hunting and I totally revamped my computer a few months ago (in a free way, not like hordes of memory or anything...because I'm cheap like that lol).

So, given that, and the fact that I don't actively collect metallics much anymore, I'd probably trade one for far less than someone who's caught their second Gold. And that's not necessarily because I'll ever catch another one (man did I miss every one I saw yesterday), but because of my perception that I'll catch another one.

For me, I tend to lose my focus on catching CB commons, either because I'm chasing rares for trades or because I'm working on lineage projects. So, if someone was willing to raise a whole bunch of CB commons to just before adulthood, that would be worth it to me because I place a lot of value on time and scroll space.

The only difficulty there is that you can't make IOU trade posts in some of the trade threads, but you could definitely put the offer in your sig.

Some of it's networking. The more people you know, the more likely you are to be able to make a good trade. I don't network all that well, but of the people I do know I'm always more willing to pass along something considered valuable and they do the same. Honestly, I think that hanging out in the DC IRC probably helps, too, if you're willing to do that.

And I think that some of it is timing. If you're willing to trade a holiday dragon, then hold onto it until the supply goes way, way down. Once your pretty much the only game in town, people will offer more, and even if they don't have it to give, a lot of times a friend who does will offer on their behalf (<-- that is such a mercenary tip xd.png ).

As for 2nd gen tinsels, they can be really hard to get because you don't always know who owns them, some of the owners ask not to be contacted, and it's realistic that you may need something really great to offer to someone who's going to be able to produce 2nd gens for the rest of their time playing this game and so can count of building up great things over time. Even if the value goes down some, it tends to bump back up some with new and unique pairings. A few months ago I offered 5 CB Silvers, 9 or 10 CB Blacks (that was a bit before the more recent upswing of their population) and a CB Stripe (and really wanted a Bronze and didn't care if it was from the old batch of Tins or the new) and I didn't get any response. Now that may be based on numerous factors, so take it as you will.

But I will add this, as far as catching things for trades goes. A lot of the good things I've caught have been very late in the drops. That means having to sit through endless cave blockers, waiting for the AP to empty some (and that means actively watching it, not just coming back later on), sometimes biome hopping and getting to stare at 6 cave blocks instead of one. lol A lot of times, it's just really, really, really dull. People get bored and wander off, and I honestly think that's why I've been able to catch some good stuff recently - because I'll sit through the boredom to catch a Gold that shows up at 49 minutes after the hour, and all of that time waiting shows me patterns of how eggs tend to move so that I better know which biome to be in (and that can actually help with catching the ones that show up earlier).

Also, as far as NDs go, that's one thing that everyone can make. It just sometimes takes a lot of practice. I killed many, many eggs (and hatched many that I didn't even want lol) before I succeeded. I know it can get discouraging, but plugging away at it helps. Also, I have seen people around here that are willing to help.

I agree about late in the drops - that's when I've SEEN (but not caught) them.

But there is another factor too. There are a number of people here who have been very nice to me, or who I have seen being very nice to others. I would certainly trade more generously to them than to an unknown. That's not so much networking - I have been given things I really wanted by people I never interacted with (Hollies, for instance - I was actually given THREE out of the blue and was able to pass one to an IRL friend !) Also I have been given a lot of advice about getting a neglected. (Hasn't worked yet, but there you go !)

I think also that people ASKING all the time gets other people hacked off. I just leave calm notes in my sig and hope. If nothing happens - well, fair enough - why should it.

Thanks for the tips about late drops. When i think about it, thats when i caught my CB silver as well tongue.gif

I guess knowing people here is as important as it is irl. With contacts everything is possible. And id much rather be able to catch everything myself rather than trade for it. So much more exciting biggrin.gif (Ofc there are the exceptions of things that cannot be caught at all)

What do you think a stripe hatchling like this one is worth?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1OFp1

I though it was worth something, at least for its lineage and the fact of being an hatchling, but I couldn't even get a couple of bred eggs for it blink.gif

Edited by Iside

What do you think a stripe hatchling like this one is worth?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1OFp1

I though it was worth something, at least for its lineage and the fact of being an hatchling, but I couldn't even get a couple of bred eggs for it  blink.gif

I'd probably trade some kind of PB or nicely lined black or maybe a few CB hatchlings for it. Or something I could breed as long as it wasn't like a gold or silver. Although I'm not completely sure if it's fair or not so you should probably wait for another post or two. o_o

Actually if any of that interests you feel free to message me o.o

Edited by Stelly

I'd have taken it and bred for you but it would have to be for an IOU as I am totally locked and can't breed a THING, and my current hatchies are part of lineages....

I simply don't like the IRC because it's like a little food chain that forces you to basically bow down to 'better' members. I don't like making friends at sites like these.

e; to the person above me, that would probably be worth another Thuwed. I'm not sure about the lineage, though.

Edited by Ashes The Second

What would this pink be worth???? Lineage

That pink certainly needed a lot of work ohmy.gif

I personally would offer another nice 4th-6th even gen for it. Maybe something with a lot of holiday/metallic ancestors and Dorkface and/or Thuwed

what would be a good offer for a CB Stripe?

Is a Royal blue hatchie worth a CB Golden wyvern? If not, what about a CB split?

None of them are worth a CB Golden Wyvern. I once got one for a 2nd gen black, but I doubt most people are interested in trading them for anything other than psuedo rares. Although I'm not too good at telling, because I've been trading 3rd gen gold tinsels for my CB GWs e-e

None of them are worth a CB Golden Wyvern. I once got one for a 2nd gen black, but I doubt most people are interested in trading them for anything other than psuedo rares. Although I'm not too good at telling, because I've been trading 3rd gen gold tinsels for my CB GWs e-e

Whoops. I meant CB stripe. xd.png

CB Stripe = two CB GW, maybe three if lucky.

Royal blue =/= CB GW

CB Split =/= CB GW