Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Been trying to trade a CB vampire for the last few days. I'm not asking anything ludicrous, yet I've got no offer.

How much would a CB vamp hatchling, influenced to be male, be worth?

Been trying to trade a CB vampire for the last few days. I'm not asking anything ludicrous, yet I've got no offer.

The last time I traded a CB vampire, I think I got three or four common CB hatchlings for it. smile.gif If you're looking for a 1:1 trade, then I'm not really sure... I was just trying to make up numbers so I could get my silver trophy before Christmas.

I guess they might be worth other unbreedables (papers, cheeses, dinos) or BSA dragons. But I doubt anyone would be willing to trade anything as valuable as a CB black/strip/trio for a CB vampire. I hope that helps a bit. smile.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

The last time I traded a CB vampire, I think I got three or four common CB hatchlings for it. smile.gif If you're looking for a 1:1 trade, then I'm not really sure... I was just trying to make up numbers so I could get my silver trophy before Christmas.

I guess they might be worth other unbreedables (papers, cheeses, dinos) or BSA dragons. But I doubt anyone would be willing to trade anything as valuable as a CB black/strip/trio for a CB vampire. I hope that helps a bit. smile.gif

That's why I threw in the less rare dragons, but doesn't seem to be cheap enough anyways.

Thanks for your info smile.gif

Whenever I'm in Trade-mood I offer everything between 1 BSA hatchie to 4 common hatchies and ask for a CB Vamp in return. There's always someone offering a vamp.

If one of my blacks with this or a similar lineage hatched alt, what sort of offers do you think I could get for it? Would an even-gen silver (non-inbred) be a reasonable request? Also what about a second gen non-pb alt black? What would people be willing to trade for one of those?(I'm asking because I can breed lots of blacks with this sort of lineage, so surely one of them will have to alt eventually wink.gif)

If one of my blacks with this or a similar lineage hatched alt, what sort of offers do you think I could get for it? Would an even-gen silver (non-inbred) be a reasonable request? Also what about a second gen non-pb alt black? What would people be willing to trade for one of those?(I'm asking because I can breed lots of blacks with this sort of lineage, so surely one of them will have to alt eventually wink.gif)

It really depends upon what individual people are looking for... Given my recent experience, I wouldn't very much expect a straight 1:1 trade of an alt. Black for a regular metallic, but if you're able to add in something like, say, a nice-lineaged Stripe, a couple of BSA hatchlings, or a CB Nebula, chances are fairly good you'll be able to find someone who's interested. (I would say, though, that for that sort of trade you're likely to have the most luck by making offers yourself on eggs you like, rather than just advertising what you're looking for.)

What sort of things do normal metals (non-Tin) go for? How about alts, whether Black or Vine?

Speaking of alts, would a 2nd or 3rd gen PB alt vine go for a CB stripe?

They're not worth that much to me at that point. Maybe a common hatchie, or a BSA, but nothing special, really. :/

@TheGrox: It would be worth a BSA hatchie, if you find a breeder kind enough for that.

Edited by Ashes The Second

What is a 2nd gen normal gold worth these days? Is asking for a CB ice too much? I'm just trying to figure out what I should ask for if I ever manage to breed one.

Personally, I think asking for a CB ice is too little. Metallics are really hard to breed, so I'd be asking for a low gen tinsel or multiple CB trio eggs.

I'm going to re-post this question since I never got an answer. What's a Holly egg worth? Was I asking too much in asking for a CB gold?

It depends on the lineage of the Holly and how desperate one is to get it. But a lot of people offer NDs to trade for a Holly - so I think asking for a CB gold is totally acceptable. But people with fast connections and clicking skills (who would be able to catch cb golds) are often able to catch Holly eggs from the AP themselves.

On the other hand, there's a lot of players out there not able to catch cb metallics or breed 2nd gen metallics, not to mention players who don't know how to create a ND and so on, who would love to trade for a Holly. wink.gif

Edited by counselor

Yes, I am one of those 'slow' clickers who was gifted a Holly last year. I have no CB metals but DO have 2gen Golds and Silvers, all the old Xmas dragons (CB), and Black alts and a pair of CB Blacks. I don't want a Neglected Dragon. All I asked for was a CB Gold - the Holly was 6gen Stair/spiral with only Skywings in the line. I was offered old Xmas eggs, Blacks, common eggs and hatchies. Yet I see people asking for multiple CB metals or multiple Black alts. I waited for years to get my Holly from a very dear giving friend, after frustrating hours in the AP with my two tin cans and a string computer. So this year I gave it to someone who had no Holly on his Scroll after all those bogus offers. Next year maybe I'll get a CB Gold.

I would've traded you a cb gold for a holly, if I were able to catch metallics. wink.gif I didn't want to offend you. As I said, it would've been a fair trade.

And I'm also a person who was gifted a holly this year after my fourth year of unsuccessful hunting and unsuccessfully trying to trade. wink.gif

Thanks in behalf of all those Holly-less players that you gifted your egg.

Edited by counselor

I'm going to re-post this question since I never got an answer. What's a Holly egg worth? Was I asking too much in asking for a CB gold?

Personally, a 2nd gen holly where you chose the other parent would be worth a cb gold I think. But 3rd gen and up.. not worth cb gold. But if someone is good at catching cb golds on a semi-regular basis and they had no holly, they might see it totally worth the trade. eye of the beholder kind of thing.

I ended up with 2 fairly nice hollies this year from trade offers that other people approached me about (which shocked me)...and all i had to do was provide them each with a handful of halloween dragons (one person needed specific 2nd gen marrows breedings and another wanted shadow walkers). I'm seriously thinking of giving one of the hollies to my BF as I can't manage to catch one from the AP for him - AP stalkers are really quick this year lol.

Personally, a 2nd gen holly where you chose the other parent would be worth a cb gold I think.  But 3rd gen and up.. not worth cb gold.  But if someone is good at catching cb golds on a semi-regular basis and they had no holly, they might see it totally worth the trade. eye of the beholder kind of thing.

I ended up with 2 fairly nice hollies this year from trade offers that other people approached me about (which shocked me)...and all i had to do was provide them each with a handful of halloween dragons (one person needed specific 2nd gen marrows breedings and another wanted shadow walkers). I'm seriously thinking of giving one of the hollies to my BF as I can't manage to catch one from the AP for him - AP stalkers are really quick this year lol.

If you want a CB Gold for your Holly (that is fourth gen or longer), you must set up an IOU before Christmas. During Christmas, you'll be left with the leftovers. This is because everybody /with/ a third gen Holly or 2nd gen Holly will be obtaining all the CB metals on the market.

Edited by DarkEternity

I agree with DarkEternity about setting things up out of season. Maybe putting "Will trade Holly IOU for CB Gold" or something. That way, when someone gets one in the spring or summer they can "spend" it on a Christmas present for themselves.

Also, don't count out the Holly searchers at the end of the breeding period. If you breed your Holly at the last minute and then keep it fogged appropriately, you have two weeks for people who previously thought they were out of luck to then make offers.

Personally, in the last couple of days I've traded two CB golds for two absolutely lovely Hollies for some folks (one of whom was my niece and she was so happy she actually squeed lol), and I <3 the people who traded them to me because I seriously think I got the better end of the deal.

So I think that it's just timing and different people's priorities. Also, remember that holiday eggs fill the main cave for 3 days, so that will cut down people's access to CB metalics for trades.

Would I be able to trade a CB Pillow for a PB or CB Magi? :?

Yes I think you would. I would give you a cb magi for a pillow if I had one.

I guess I'm confused. I couldn't get a CB Gold for a Holly egg. But now I've offered a 4gen stair Silver with Shadow and Sweetling in the line for a CB Stripe and have been told it's a VERY generous offer. WTH?

I guess I'm confused. I couldn't get a CB Gold for a Holly egg. But now I've offered a 4gen stair Silver with Shadow and Sweetling in the line for a CB Stripe and have been told it's a VERY generous offer. WTH?

I don't think your offer is too generous. Some people ask cb metallics for cb stripes, although I don't think they are worth THAT much.

It depends on the person you are trading with.

I've also taken a look at your Holly's lineage and I think people don't want to offer cb metallics because the lineage is a bit messy. It is not inbred but it doesn't have a perfect or stairstep lineage. People prefer to trade cb metallics for Hollies with a nice lineage.

Edited by BlueIce