Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Is the price of a cb gold or silver nothing else except an astronomical amount of NDs?

But no one is willing to teach me ND science sad.gif

I am of the opinion that they are willing to teach you ND science, but attempting to trade NDs for CB metals is considered traitorous.

^ I thought the point of making them after you've gotten the amount of NDs that you want was too trade them for CB metallics or a bunch of not-so-rare dragons?

Dragonking, direct extract from their forum;

I have come across seeing a few members wanting to trade their Neglecteds for other dragons. In my opinion I find it extremely wrong.

Reasons:

The Neglected Science group was formed to figure out how to get neglecteds.

As a group, we have formed strong bonds like a family.

We work very hard to post the links for others, shout out the stages, and other things.

Neglecteds to me are priceless, I could never trade one.

Yes, I understand once you get an egg/hatchling, it's your choice to trade it or gift it. To gift a neglected would be the most amazing gift anyone could give away. I know I would prolly cry (happy tears) if I received one as a gift. To turn around and trade something several others have helped you get is just rude. I feel like I was used for my efforts and the person doesn't even care.

I am not saying we should go to all the people who have traded their neglecteds and ask for them back, I am saying we should NOT help them get another one ever again. They know how to get them, they can get their own now. Sniping is a different matter too. We can't find every person who has taken our creations and demand them back. Once a Neglected or any other type of dragon hits the abandoned page, it's fair game.

I propose a list of people who have been known to trade their neglecteds be put on a "blacklist" or "graylist". The only members that would be on this list is CONFIRMED members, meaning we have proof from the Trade threads on the DC Forums. This list would notify us that these members are known to trade neglecteds for rare, high priced, valuable eggs/hatchlings. You can choose weather or not you want to help these members if they come into chat, but I don't recommend it.

In conclusion: Trader = Traitor!

Edited by DarkEternity

That's ridiculous. IMO.

A person should be free to do whatever they want with their dragons.

Their main excuse is since they helped with the ND success they feel cheated that all their hard work was put into trade fodder, I can kind of feel the pain since it annoys me when I miss a CB silver or gold and I see the same thing in a trade forum wanting something else, if you don't want it don't take it dry.gif but it's a competition so whatever.

I just bred this pretty thing: lineage - a 5th gen perfect spiral Dorkface White with Golds. It's the first one I've been able to breed, so I have no idea what the little guy would be worth.

Edited by Safrienaer

Oh, wow, I had no idea. That's rather . . . draconian.

Edited by Goslander

But who is going to have that many Stripes at once? There's another thing to think about. If you ask for that many Stripes you'll probably be waiting for awhile. smile.gif

Agree, and not only with stripes.

I usually get quite disappointed when I see requests like "Have 3rd gen silver, want 5 red hatchies, no IUOs"

I mean, I'd be happy to offer 10 red hatchies for a 3rd gen silver, but it's really unlikely someone has 5 or a similar number of them as hatchlings at the same time.

I think anyone can ask for whatever he wants in a trade, but when asking for more than 2 things you must be open to accept IOUs

Edited by Iside

Agree, and not only with stripes.

I usually get quite disappointed when I see requests like "Have 3rd gen silver, want 5 red hatchies, no IUOs"

I mean, I'd be happy to offer 10 red hatchies for a 3rd gen silver, but it's really unlikely someone has 5 or a similar number of them as hatchlings at the same time.

I think anyone can ask for whatever he wants in a trade, but when asking for more than 2 things you must be open to accept IOUs

Someone recently posted in trades that he had 14 Red hatchlings up for trade. No joke. laugh.gif

Someone recently posted in trades that he had 14 Red hatchlings up for trade. No joke.  laugh.gif

What is the limit on hatchlings you can own or receive through trading?

It does take 2 days for an egg to hatch but 3 for a hatchling to grow up.

I think this might be technically possible.

Maybe if you didn't give views to the first batch of hatchlings...?

The first thing I thought when I saw this thread, was how some trades I see in the Trading Subforum confuse me. And I thought the post above was a good example. Like people asking for rares with an offer that I think isn't worth that. Those are most of the questions I have about trading.

Like someone with a Cheese egg and a CB Ice egg asking for a CB Silver or a CB Gold ("no other offers"). Is that a fair trade?

Also what are my 3rd Gen, Even Gen, Purebred Nebula eggs worth?

Edited by WatersMoon110

Like someone with a Cheese egg and a CB Ice egg asking for a CB Silver or a CB Gold ("no other offers"). Is that a fair trade?

Also what are my 3rd Gen, Even Gen, Purebred Nebula eggs worth?

Welp, it's not a trade I would do.

I'm not sure, but that's a very pretty pattern you have there and most people like Nebulas. c:

I would say that, that trade is pretty un-realistic. Most people that have CB Metallics are certainly good enough hunters to also be able to get a Cheese or CB Ice, or even both in the same hour. Cheeses are especially easy to get. If one is able to catch lots of CB Stripes and CB Blacks to offer in one big trade, it might be more realistic then, to ask for "no other offers."

Edited by CDM

While the post you quoted was from 2010, I understand and approve of the sentiment it expresses. The co-operation of others for something to be auctioned off just feels wrong to me. I have gifted one of mine in one of the Holiday gifting threads, but I would not feel right trading one, because of the generous help given to create one. To anyone who dismisses them as "pretty common," well, they just don't get it.

That being said, it's still up to the individual ND owner to trade or not.

About the above conversation regarding multiple offers- I actually agree with the person (believe it was DragonKing1337?) who mentioned IOUs, which is why I felt silly about forgetting because I'm working to fulfill a couple of IOUs myself. xd.png

IOUs are questionable enough; I might take an IOU, I may not.

Edited by Khymarea

What would a CB Harvest be worth?

Not a lot, to be honest.

I tried to trade one the other day - simply because it was a misclick. No takers. They don't seem hard to find.

Not a lot, to be honest.

I tried to trade one the other day - simply because it was a misclick. No takers. They don't seem hard to find.

Darn, this was a misclick too. Well, next to the AP in five hours then.

Depends, honestly as long as it's not a cb metal or a neglected you could get a CB of anything you want or heck even a low gen metal if their looking for nebulas, it's good that they're hatchies too but if they alt your chances increase by that much of getting what you want.

@Miyon CB golds are worth more but I wouldn't trade 2 cb silvers for 1 cb gold unless you already had 2 cb silvers. But I am biased since silvers are my favorite dragon so I would wait for more answers.

Edited by DragonKing1337

What would a CB Harvest be worth?

Not a lot, to be honest.

If you find the right user, Harvests are sometimes used as Tinsel mates. Usually they want a hatchling though. It might do well in the CB Trading thread, where I have been getting rid of all of the CB Whites I seem to click.

Obviously, raising a misclicked egg to a hatchling greatly increases its worth. But it takes up a slot for 2 days. Since most of the eggs I want are bred by me, I don't mind having an extra egg or two for trading.

I think with the metals it depends on the person. If a person has a bunch of Golds but no Silvers they might think it a sweet trade.

And another question; How much is a CB vamp bitten by a CB vamp worth??

lol I just came here to ask that xd.png .

Continuing the question, are certain vamps worth more than other vamps? Is a CB vamp bitten by CB vamp worth more than a CB vamp bitten by a bred vamp? Or is a messy lineaged vamp bitten by any vamp worth less than a CB vamp?

It would be cool if someone could list some sort of vamp value thingy.

And another question; How much is a CB vamp bitten by a CB vamp worth??

It really just depends on the person trading. I just got rid of a cb vampire bitten by an original Halloween vampire - I was only asking for one BBW hatchling... the person whom I traded it obviously wanted it badly because I got 2 BBW hatchlings and cb nebula hatchling.