TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm so glad I finished my tree last night, and submitted it this morning, and haven't touched it since laugh.gif

As for those having problems, breath, calm down, I'm sure TJ will fix things once he gets back online and knows there are some issues. biggrin.gif Yes, it can be frusterating, but just try to be patient wink.gif

I am not doing mine again until right before submitting is over because I have spent too much time decorating that tree 3 or 4 times now only to have it come back empty and it gets to be a pain in the rear when your touch pad doesn't work right LOL. Hopefully TJ will have the problem fixed before judging. biggrin.gif

I just don't want to submit an empty tree.

same here I don't won't to submit it to late.

Edited by Uryu_4

I submitted my tree and it said that it was submitted and that i still can change things till the 8th and everything on my tree is were it has to be!

I too spent time decorating (actually re-decorating) my tree this morning was satisfied hit submit. Went back later and my tree was back to it's old settings, I hit the reset all ornaments, re-did the tree to basically how I had it when I hit submit - or as close as possible. Hit submit was told the tree had all ready been submitted but can continue to edit the tree but tree has again gone back to old settings.

Came here and see that I am not alone, it is good to know I'm not the only one. However, can only hope that the tree that has been submitted is not the old version but one of the ones I have done this morning. I guess time will tell and hopefully soon we will have an answer.

same here T^T and i was so happy with my tree

"Your tree has already been submitted to the contest. You may continue to decorate your tree until the end of the editing period on January 8 at midnight EST."

Now I am tryin to make some changes but it is not possible. Why? It is written: You may continue to decorate your tree ... I don't understand why I can't redecorate my tree.

Heeeeeeeelp smile.gif

Tkanks

I too spent time decorating (actually re-decorating) my tree this morning was satisfied hit submit. Went back later and my tree was back to it's old settings, I hit the reset all ornaments, re-did the tree to basically how I had it when I hit submit - or as close as possible. Hit submit was told the tree had all ready been submitted but can continue to edit the tree but tree has again gone back to old settings.

Came here and see that I am not alone, it is good to know I'm not the only one. However, can only hope that the tree that has been submitted is not the old version but one of the ones I have done this morning. I guess time will tell and hopefully soon we will have an answer.

This is the exact thing that hppened to me. I hope this is fixed. . . .

I submitted my tree and it said that it was submitted and that i still can change things till the 8th and everything on my tree is were it has to be!

Same here. I guess we got lucky. smile.gif I made all my changes early yesterday and it didn't change on its own or reset or any of the problems others have had so I went ahead and submitted it a few minutes ago.

I spent most of my time yesterday fixing mine the way I wanted it but I don't want to submit it til the problem is fixed.

I just submitted mine and when I clicked on it again to check it (after reading these comments), yep, mine is all messed up and silly looking too. =/ Every time I fix it, after I leave the page and return it's messed up again! So sad. =(

I'm sure TJ will do something about the glitch. I just hope it can be fixed, it's disheartening to think my pretty tree looks all disheveled after each time I fix it.

Mine is mostly fine, it's just that I have something floating near enough to the tree that it wasn't faded. I moved it away before I hit submit, but every time I go back to my tree, it's back. D: I don't want it there.

I havent submitted mine yet, because every time I leave the page the ornaments dont keep fixed. dry.gif

In IRC, they were talking about the problem and then TJ came on and said his lights stayed in place and now people are reporting that their changes are staying changed so it might be fixed now.

Yeah, I'm not submitting until I see here that it's fixed. Mine wouldn't be terrible if it was submitted as-is, because I got mine decorated fairly early yesterday, but one of my ornaments randomly went off to the side of the tree and the pine cone is on top of the cardinal, and it won't let me put them back where they belong.

And mine is nearly undecorated because I wanted to wait with decoration until I collected all of the ornaments. I can't submit as it is by now.

In IRC, they were talking about the problem and then TJ came on and said his lights stayed in place and now people are reporting that their changes are staying changed so it might be fixed now.

I tried - a few things stayed, but others didn't. huh.gif

Anyone know whether they submit properly though?

You can submit at any time. What will be judged is the state your tree is in at the end of the editing period.

Although with the timing, I may add another editing day so that people who are busy during the week have a day this weekend to work.

At first it saved partly the new changed and partly the old design, very funny xd.png

But after a few tries everything was saved as it was, it seems really fixed, thanks =)

Edited by Chococat0815

its fixed I was able to add a few more ornaments before submiting it and everything is still like it should be.thanks for fixing it TJ

Edited by Uryu_4