TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Fortunately, my tree doesn't get messed up when I enter to see it, and I hope it doesn't, since I submitted mine as well,and it would be a fail if it got ruined on the day of judgement. smile.gif

Yea! It saves! Thank you TJ! It's going to take awhile to fix... But YEA!

Oh cool, now when I go to move an ornament a pale box appears over it showing me which one I'm moving (so I don't accidentally move a nearby one). Very handy, thanks!

All my decorations started to work again, thanks TJ! biggrin.gif

My tree is not saved in the state it is in when the window ist closed, either. I think that means, that the decoration that comes back every time I open the tree decorating window is the one that is in the contest, right?

That would be sad.

I submitted mine before the glitch got fixed... I tried to submit again and it doesn't let me. How do I know if the one up for judging is the good one or a f**ed up one?

I submitted mine before the glitch got fixed... I tried to submit again and it doesn't let me. How do I know if the one up for judging is the good one or a f**ed up one?

What will be judged is the state your tree is in at the end of the editing period.

Naughtrish, you don't have to worry about that-- on the last page TJ said that what will show up in the competition is your tree's design at the end of the editing period (midnight on the 8th), not when you hit submit.

Edit: too slow!

Edited by arula

Hey, the tree icon on Silvanon's page is purple instead of green. Pretty! I wonder if her big tree is purple, too...

Yay, it works now. Thanks. biggrin.gif But now I can't put ornaments in front/behind each other again. :/

Hey, the tree icon on Silvanon's page is purple instead of green. Pretty! I wonder if her big tree is purple, too...

Her badge is pretty (but then so is ours). smile.gif

Just submitted ^-^ Thanks for fixing the glitch <3 Good luck to everyone in the contest! :3

Good luck to all the participents! smile.gif And thank you, TJ, for this lovely event. wub.gif

I wish we could flip ornaments, I had a good idea for the gold/silver dragons but they're both facing the same direction so that kinda throws the whole thing off. Oh well.

Well, mine stays fixed now smile.gif !

BUT, if I go back to look at the tree, the things that should be faded, are not faded anymore blink.gif ?

You can submit at any time. What will be judged is the state your tree is in at the end of the editing period.

Although with the timing, I may add another editing day so that people who are busy during the week have a day this weekend to work.

oh please do add another day. I was hoping for a weekend day to edit.

Mine will still not stay in place.

I guess the only option is to keep the page open until the page is locked in place.

Sad days for playing the game.

BUT, if I go back to look at the tree, the things that should be faded, are not faded anymore blink.gif ?

I have found that is is better to move the unused ornaments etc off into the brown around the scroll, that way they are for sure not in the picture biggrin.gif

I hope that people will find my tree amusing and will vote for it. It's the only chance I got. I was going to do something different but similar but I didn't get enough of the right type of ornaments to do that. Oh wells. *wonders what people will think of my tree.*

I can't wait to see everyones! :3 And vote vote vote.

Just submitted my tree smile.gif Looking forward to the voting - I'm very curious about what everyone else have done with their trees