TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

We don't know each has been the first time for each particular holiday, we will have to wait and see wink.gif

Ah, thank you. Then -- forgive my ignorance -- but will any of these holiday dragons be re-released? I'm not even sure if TJ knows, but it's seems like it'd get to be awfully hard to keep making new dragons every year.... I only ask because I've always been unable to avail myself of any of either these dragons or the events that go with them due to an honestly craptastic internet connection (it likes to take vacations for days at a time). It would be very bitter if such opportunities could not be forthcoming again in the future.

My apologies if I'm off-topic.

My tree has been submitted, though my idea was a bit on the boring side!

well, i didn't do anything fancy with my tree either. just decorated it in a kind of classic style, old yule style you could say. and i still entered mine in the contest! to me it's not really about the winning, i mean, that would be nice! but it's about having fun, right! that's why they do all these great seasonal activities for us here at DC!! i thought about doing something clever, but i really just wanted to make a pretty yule tree, so i did!! you never who will vote for your tree, or who will like it or not like it! wink.gif

well, i didn't do anything fancy with my tree either. just decorated it in a kind of classic style, old yule style you could say. and i still entered mine in the contest! to me it's not really about the winning, i mean, that would be nice! but it's about having fun, right! that's why they do all these great seasonal activities for us here at DC!! i thought about doing something clever, but i really just wanted to make a pretty yule tree, so i did!! you never who will vote for your tree, or who will like it or not like it! wink.gif

Don't get me wrong, I had a field day decorating my tree and experimenting with ideas. I am just my own worst critic...xd.png

Absolutely. The decorating alone was a lot of fun, and I spent many a happy hour working on my tree. (Other people probably won't like my idea, but I do, and that's what counts to me.)

I want to give a big THANK YOU to all the people who worked on making this event what it is - artists, coder(s), conceptors and everybody. You did an awesome job.

Oh great. biggrin.gif Now I can actually see what I'm grabbing. Nice update.

And I loooove my tree right now. But I ain't submitting it till I'm 100% sure it would be liked by everyone, lul. happy.gif

To everyone who just posted - you can re-edit after you submit. It says you have already submitted because you are already listed in the contest, is all.

So DON'T WORRY !

No matter how far I move ornaments off the screen they won't stay transparent. Is anyone else experiencing this?

No matter how far I move ornaments off the screen they won't stay transparent. Is anyone else experiencing this?

How transparent do you expect ? If you put them on the brown at the side they look kind of yucky dull coloured, no ?

Same here. If I move them they become transparent, but when I go away and come back a bit later they aren´t transparent anymore.

To everyone who just posted - you can re-edit after you submit. It says you have already submitted because you are already listed in the contest, is all.

So DON'T WORRY !

Ok then. Submitted to make sure I don't forget to submit. biggrin.gif Dunno what else to do about my tree anyway.

How transparent do you expect ? If you put them on the brown at the side they look kind of yucky dull coloured, no ?

Yeah but then when I come back or refresh the page their completely solid like what Chococat0815 said.

Edited by Booo

This seems to be connected to Internet Explorer. My daughter's account is constantly logged in on IE, and she has the same problem. Me, I use Firefox, and I don't have this problem at all. Maybe you could try another browser? Or simply move everything off the scroll, I doubt we'd be able to see more of anybody's scroll than what's between the borders.

Submitted my tree. :3 Hopefully people look beyond matching colors and symmetry and can see the cute idea I came up with.

*Still hopes we get to continue decorating once the contest is over*

I have just submitted my tree smile.gif It may not be a beauty, but I'm personally rather content with it!

This seems to be connected to Internet Explorer. My daughter's account is constantly logged in on IE, and she has the same problem. Me, I use Firefox, and I don't have this problem at all. Maybe you could try another browser? Or simply move everything off the scroll, I doubt we'd be able to see more of anybody's scroll than what's between the borders.

You´re right, I tried Firefox and everything was transparent (that should be). Anyway I moved the ornaments I don´t use off the scroll =)

Alright, thanks for your help.

I am using Internet explorer, and have the same problem. Is it that big of a deal though? If we move them and they are transparent, they wont appear to other people.

I purposely have not submitted my tree yet, since I kept reading on here that people were having problems with ornaments not staying put. And now I read that TJ has fixed the problem. That is great if he was able to get things fixed. But my topper won't stay on the tree. So if I put my topper back on my tree and then submit, will the topper stay put?

Well I still cant add the lights. I had them on before I submitted, then when I looked they were all off and they are still off.

Everytime I add them, it reverts back to no lights.

Good News though is my son and daughter editted their tree before submitting and the tree saved the new verson before and after submission so they are happy. smile.gif

My tree thankfully doesn't have any glitches. I submitted my tree! I think its good, but I guess my opinion is bias smile.gif

Help! My ornaments aren't working right, im trying to put one of the glass balls on one the the colored ovals (Not sure what they are) and it keeps going behind it, even though a put the glass ball on last...

I just submitted since the bugs seem to be fixed and I wanted to be done with it while its still my birthday (chasing for lucky influences I guess xd.png) - I did it in Chrome, but checked it on Firefox also, the only difference was the place of the buttons, on Chrome they are to the left, on Firefox centered^^ Everything has worked fine, nothing changed after submitting and now I can dream of winning (joke joke joke!) and cant wait to see all the other trees - I am especially sooo curious if someone did the same decoration as I did LOL laugh.gif

Help! My ornaments aren't working right, im trying to put one of the glass balls on one the the colored ovals (Not sure what they are) and it keeps going behind it, even though a put the glass ball on last...

I'm having that problem too. I hope something can be done about it. sad.gif