TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I wish we could flip ornaments, I had a good idea for the gold/silver dragons but they're both facing the same direction so that kinda throws the whole thing off. Oh well.

Yes, I hope that next year (or next time there is a DC contest), the ability to reverse an image will be added. It would really help those of us who are going for a symmetrical kind of look. :-)

Our family has finished our trees! My son's turned out to be really creative. I hope people will be able to see what he made with the ornaments. At first glance it kind of looks like a mess but if you take a closer look, he's made something really neat. :-)

Tjekan, I am going for a similar effect. I hope people don't passed mine up really fast but see that's there. ^ ^I hope that I get to see his. :3

Finished my tree biggrin.gif

I wonder if i will win anything?

Edited by DarkPanther

Is it that some of the ornaments will always stay in the front of another, no matter what we do?

It seems to be that way for me with some of the bigger ones. The dragons for example, gold would always show up in front of silver, but I can't get it the other way round. The dragons I wanted to use, that is. The other pair is the other way round with silver always in front... for the small objects it seemed to be just last thing put on is in front.

I realy wanted to do something else, but I can't, if gold is in front.... would be a bit sad, if that can't be changed...

I really wish you could place the golden star behind the golden Western Dragon...

Yes, I hope that next year (or next time there is a DC contest), the ability to reverse an image will be added. It would really help those of us who are going for a symmetrical kind of look. :-)

Our family has finished our trees! My son's turned out to be really creative. I hope people will be able to see what he made with the ornaments. At first glance it kind of looks like a mess but if you take a closer look, he's made something really neat. :-)

The same here. I had a nice idea with the eastern dragons but I can't reverse them. Maybe for the next year (if there will be another tree contest) TJ can add some tools, like rotate, duplicate and choose the dimension and the colour of the ornaments. Our creativity will thank him a lot biggrin.gif.

Alright, mine's submitted, though I'll probably keep fretting and editing all through the days we've been given to edit. It's just in my nature. xd.png

A YEAH to TJ for fixing the things and now I am happy to decorate the tree to my liking. Just one question: that beautiful red bird, what is it called? Never seen one of those....

YAY!!! submitted my tree! good luck to everyone who's entered theirs also, it's so exciting to get a chance to win a DRAGON PRIZE!!! i'm all twitterpated!!! thanks to the organizers for making such fun events for us all!!

A YEAH to TJ for fixing the things and now I am happy to decorate the tree to my liking. Just one question: that beautiful red bird, what is it called? Never seen one of those....

Cardinal smile.gif

My 8yr old designed our contribution. Good luck everyone! cool.gif

thanks again TJ for the fun

this Christmas was awesome, even without the holly I so hoped to catch

the leetle tree and the decorating was a blast

good luck everyone wub.gif

*dreams of honorable mention status because she knows first place won't happen*

Edited by Merenwen

I like the new thing where the ornament you hover over gets highlighted. Very much thanks, TJ.

I'm not having much trouble with layering, I just wanted me dragon topper to be over the garland. His tail is under it. T.T

And yeah, user posted image is a cardinal. Male, actually. The females are brown-ish.

My only question: Are these seasonal collecting/decorating of things (such as for the easter, halloween, the 4th and so on) repeated every year? Or are they a once in a lifetime deal?

I like the new thing where the ornament you hover over gets highlighted. Very much thanks, TJ.

I'm not having much trouble with layering, I just wanted me dragon topper to be over the garland. His tail is under it. T.T

And yeah, user posted image is a cardinal. Male, actually. The females are brown-ish.

Ah, thanks. Not very common around here in Germany, I´d say. But I will find out more about them, I like how it looks. And I love birds almost as much as my dragons biggrin.gif

Hmm. I submitted my tree last night but had that glitch problem where all my decorations reset. I tried submitting it today after redecorating it again and it says I have already submitted a tree. Has this happened to you?

My only question: Are these seasonal collecting/decorating of things (such as for the easter, halloween, the 4th and so on) repeated every year? Or are they a once in a lifetime deal?

We don't know each has been the first time for each particular holiday, we will have to wait and see wink.gif

@iceheart,

the submit just tells TJ that you want your scroll to be judged, the tree that is judgedwill be the one on your scroll after the editing period has ended

Edited by dragonpuck

My tree has been submitted, though my idea was a bit on the boring side! You should see what my boyfriend did, the silly nut... xd.png

Hmm. I submitted my tree last night but had that glitch problem where all my decorations reset. I tried submitting it today after redecorating it again and it says I have already submitted a tree. Has this happened to you?

I submitted mine early this morning & all the decorations reset on me too. Does that mean that we need to resubmit it?

Will we be able to see the winning trees?

Thanks for fixing the bug. (Although the moment was a little unfortunate - I had my tree decorated and felt pretty safe hitting reset because I thought it wouldn't save anyway. It's a good thing I made a screenshot, I guess. tongue.gif Anyway, I'm done redecorating and like it even better than before.)

Anyway, I like that a small box lights up whenever you want to move an ornament, showing which ornament you're actually moving. And that things don't drop to the very bottom of the picture if you put them under the tree.

Can we move ornaments behind/in front of each other? My Angel used to go in front of the bells but it doesn't anymore and my tree looks wacky D: