TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Not sure if anybody posted this yet, but can everybody see the trees? Or just the judges?

It's been explained a few times, but here it is again...

The trees can not be viewed right now by anyone but the owner of the tree until the contest is over. Once the contest is over the trees will be viewed by all and still editable (I also believe any unused ornaments will still be there to be used later).

After the 12 days of getting ornaments there will be 2 days to decorate and submit your tree (via the tree decorating page). After those 2 days, the submissions will stop and voting will begin. Voting will be done by clicking a link at the top of the DC pages (like Review Descriptions is now) and every user will be able to vote on tree's randomly showing up. You rate the tree 1-10, then another random tree will show up. The voter will not know who's tree they are voting on, and the submitter will not know who voted for their tree. At the end of 7 days TJ will collect up the top 200 trees from the voting and pick the winners, then announce them and give out prizes. I believe after the winners are announced then all trees will be viewable by everyone.

I'm having problems... yesterday I had 2 littles man (like cookies), but now I have only one :/

Is this normal??

I'm having problems... yesterday I had 2 littles man (like cookies), but now I have only one :/

Is this normal??

I didn't have two gingerbread men, but I had one and a nutcracker-man. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

The more Christmas lights and popcorn garland are great. I wish there was a way to get more of some of the other ornaments as well. There are two or three I'd like to use as a theme, but it doesn't work with only one of each.

By the way, you guys did a fantastic job on these. They're all beautiful.

I didn't have two gingerbread men, but I had one and a nutcracker-man. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

Yeap, yesterday I had two gingerbread men, but now I only have one

The same with another ornament (that thing that looks likes a xmas candy :/)

Edited by -Rinikka-

I still can't get the lights or popcorn garland. When I click the link it says I already have them, but when I go back to my tree they aren't there. Is it because I apparently missed the day the lights appeared on, so I won't get any lights at all?

I still can't get the lights or popcorn garland. When I click the link it says I already have them, but when I go back to my tree they aren't there. Is it because I apparently missed the day the lights appeared on, so I won't get any lights at all?

i'm having the same problem. sad.gif

It seems to be that if you missed the day with the lights and garland, that's what message it gives you, yest. ^^

Without my two ginger men and the two candy crystal things my perfectly symetric tree is destroyed! ;_;

Without my two ginger men and the two candy crystal things my perfectly symetric tree is destroyed! ;_;

LOL This sounds like something Death the Kid would say...

user posted imageuser posted image

The more Christmas lights and popcorn garland are great. I wish there was a way to get more of some of the other ornaments as well. There are two or three I'd like to use as a theme, but it doesn't work with only one of each.

By the way, you guys did a fantastic job on these. They're all beautiful.

Uhm, I'm not sure how it's great. I click the link and got nothing. It said I already had popcorn garland and lights, and.........I don't have ANY. :/

Is anyone else having this problem?

Uhm, I'm not sure how it's great. I click the link and got nothing. It said I already had popcorn garland and lights, and.........I don't have ANY. :/

Is anyone else having this problem?

If you don't have any at all, it's because you weren't there the day they were given out, and you can only get it if you were there that day.

Can I make a request on this; can we have a "Storage area" underneath the tree to dump all the decorations in we're not using.

Its getting hard to sort them... And we have a limited space as it is.

Can I make a request on this; can we have a "Storage area" underneath the tree to dump all the decorations in we're not using.

Its getting hard to sort them... And we have a limited space as it is.

That would be an excellent addition. The space to the left of my tree is getting rather crowded.

So far I don't mind just dragging the "unwanted" decorations as far to the side as possible, so that they just stay out of the field of visibility.

Still no general idea for what I'll make out of my tree, still letting stuff to just pile up for now. |D

Happy New Years people! :3

Can't wait to start laying down the final decorations in a couple of days!

Edited by PACMANnot

Yeah, a storage space would be handy. I love having all the extra lights, but now I have ornaments in the holly. tongue.gif

On another note, I think I came up with a new theme, but I really need more purple, white and green ornaments to make it work (and a bit more blue would be nice, too.) *sad puppy eyes* Pretty please?

ooo awesome!!!

Happy New Year people!!

I put the letter M C (Merry Christmas) on my tree, I just hope its visible.

That would be an excellent addition. The space to the left of my tree is getting rather crowded.

Its the tinsel doing it for me. I was fine until I got the lights and garlands today, now I'm struggling for room. My tinsel is currently hanging over the advertmisement in an attempt to create room.

A storage box would be ideal.

Wahh! *^-^* Thank you so much for the additional 20 popcorn garlands and christmas lights. laugh.gif They are so much fun. I can't wait for the other releases and to decorate my tree.

Its the tinsel doing it for me.  I was fine until I got the lights and garlands today, now I'm struggling for room. My tinsel is currently hanging over the advertmisement in an attempt to create room.

A storage box would be ideal.

Hey, I didn't know you could put it down there! That actually helps a lot! Thanks!

edit: And it didn't occur to me to try it before, but apparently you can put things off to the side of your scroll entirely, in the dark brown area. That'll be useful when I'm really sorting things in earnest.

Edited by bionelly

I thought I didnt have it too. But when I looked, I saw an extra christmas light a little above my tree to the left. And when I moved it, the others were right below it. Go ahead and search. Its quite fun to get them out one by one. I had a ball doing it. happy.gif

I did reset all my ornament (wasn't really decorating yet) and they all showed up