TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I don't know if anyone has asked this already or not, but would someone like me (who rarely comes to this Forum and so has no Forum friends here) have as good as a chance at getting votes? I suppose I really mean to ask if this is going to be a contest where people are screaming in their Threads for votes.

The voting is anonymous. No one will know who owns the tree they're rating.

I don't know if anyone has asked this already or not, but would someone like me (who rarely comes to this Forum and so has no Forum friends here) have as good as a chance at getting votes? I suppose I really mean to ask if this is going to be a contest where people are screaming in their Threads for votes.

Yes. You'll still have a chance because the voting is anonymous. No one will know whose tree they are voting for.

The voting is like the description stuff; you get a series of random trees, and you can rate them. The owner of the tree is completely unknown.

I really hope there are going to be some right-facing ornaments before this is over. My OCD side is getting twitchy. alot.png

Smells like Christmas with the new lights!

biggrin.gif

I've got a question, I know that voting is anonymous and all that, but...

in the period of voting... can we see our own rate? I mean, if we have a tree and the people is voting it... are we going to see the votes that our tree is receiving? (not the people who vote, just the number of votes)

It's just curiosity, not that I don't like this, in fact in my own house we don't put a tree anymore, so this is really helping me.

wink.gif

reset, and no lights or popcorn at all. It shouldn't have the thing to get more if you can't! a tree without lights is just sad

(apparently i missed both day 4 and day 6. I was moving at the time)

Edited by dlblue

I just moved my snowglobe to put lights behind it, and I found the golden deer! Currently I am in the process of looking for moar ornaments behind others smile.gif

O I found the gingerbread man 2. The tan blob too, now!

I really hope there are going to be some right-facing ornaments before this is over. My OCD side is getting twitchy. alot.png

There's the rocking horse, and the _____!

Edited by hotbottleo'water1

My tree looks schizophrenic. Too. Much. STUFF!! It'll be nice to be able to get to that twelfth day and then be able to pick and choose what I want to stay.

AHAHA I didn't even realize that xDD that's so funny. I swear almost everything I draw faces to the left, I didn't know the rest of the gang was that way too.

I've got a question, I know that voting is anonymous and all that, but...

in the period of voting... can we see our own rate? I mean, if we have a tree and the people is voting it... are we going to see the votes that our tree is receiving? (not the people who vote, just the number of votes)

Very interesting question.... that would be neat, to see your own number of accumulated votes!

I can't add more ornaments, if I add more my tree would become invisible.

My tree's looking pretty darn good. If I get at least an honorable mention (I'll be shocked if I win first), I'll be happy. Oh, and thanks for a new garland that doesn't get in the way all the time. I love it.

I evidently missed the day when the golden things were given out - I only missed five and probably would only have used 1 or 2 but it still BUGS me! I have no clue how I missed it! I haven't really missed anything, except I got to the Easter egg hunt late and only got 30.

I have no clue how I'm going to decorate, I've been moving the ornaments around...none of them are actually on the tree right now, they are just lined up by type and color and I keep moving them around and organizing differently...it is really fun, though.

AHAHA I didn't even realize that xd.pngD that's so funny. I swear almost everything I draw faces to the left, I didn't know the rest of the gang was that way too.

I have a theory. unsure.gif Are you right handed?

I missed the day with the lights and popcorn, and so, today when there appeared a link for up to 20 lights and up to 20 popcorn garland, I clicked them! But then it said I already had them, which I don't. sad.gif

Do the powers that control this read the posts? I know everyone is busy, and I don't want to PM anyone who probably already has a full inbox.

I have gotten on every day, but there seems to have been a glitch two days in a row. I didn't get the ornaments. Every time I went to load my tree there was some internal error. sad.gif

user posted image

LOL, this one from today looks like a wasp's nest to me! laugh.gif

I believe it is supposed to be one of these:

user posted image

I can see the wasp next too though xd.png

AHAHA I didn't even realize that xd.pngD that's so funny. I swear almost everything I draw faces to the left, I didn't know the rest of the gang was that way too.

We have many a left facing dragon as well, so it's okay I think :3

I also have the basic design of my tree laid out. How many days do we still have, five?

Maybe the left-facing thing is a trait of right-handed people? My left-handed friend draws things both ways, but most people I know only draw them facing left...

Edited by Snow Plow

Guys, I have two questions. .3.

1) Everyone seems to be getting more of the popcorn and lights yet I still have my default one each. Do you have to click the reset button to get the updates?

2) For the gold garland (so pretty :3), is anyone else having a problem with it "jumping" after placing? What I mean is, I can place it behind the rest of my ornaments but when I close and return to the decorating page, the garland has jumped and is sitting on top. D:

Kind of hoping to get answers on these since they will affect my tree. =P I do like the current set up but I'm not sure what to do about these two things. >.<

Edited by Vampiric

I have a theory. :unsure: Are you right handed?

Yush.

I remember this test where you had to draw a pig, and drawing it facing left/right/or center all meant different things O:! Of course I don't remember, that would useful and we can't have that.

We actually have two of the holey ornaments :3 both by Earthgirl.

Vampiric - Check the tree's page, there should be a button to request more. Second one I haven't had problems with, so I can't answer that D: well.. I kinda did?

I probably won't win, but I'll cheer on those who do!

Good luck to everyone!