TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

The blinking one is the one currently in use, the non blinking one was not used. Would of been impossible to see.

Oh, is that why it wasn't used? Yeah, I can see how that would have been a problem, since the only thing you can really see on the blinking one is the part that's, well, blinking. tongue.gif That's kind of what I like about it, but a non-blinking version would tend to fade into the background.

Also, the blue isn't the only themed group! They've all actually been organized in some weird messed up theme that worked out in my head somehow. The first day was boring baubles for fillers, second and third day we had a lot of red so I organized them..somehow I don't know. I think the third day was like brownish-reds or something. How sad is it that I don't even get my own logic? Fourth day was purple but we didn't have enough of that so the snow globe and lights seemed to work out well with those colors. Fifth day was literally put together for the sole purpose of making the five golden things pun..olawrd. Sixth was moar red, and mostly long-ish things. And seventh you can figure out yourselves XD I'm sorry I'm telling you this I know this is utter gobble-de-gook.

oh my god, Dis, I love you so much. Totally cracked up when reading that.

I completely understand your logic, though! hahaha. The blue day today was very pretty. And the five gold things... oh wow. woooww. :)

May I humbly suggest that if we ever get to do something like this again, the garland is not connected into one image? I'm constantly accidentally moving the garland out of place while trying to move an ornament in the clear space between the garland strands.

The blinking one is the one currently in use, the non blinking one was not used. Would of been impossible to see.

But but but I HAVE a nonblinking one..... (or is that popcorn ?)

I'm missing a day of decorations...that's depressing... :< I wish I would have remembered!!! DX 11 days of tree decorating just isn't the same! And day 4's decorations were so pretty DXXX

edit:

Day 5 - Fiiive golldenn thiiings.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-Wynni, Wynni, Earthgirl, JOTB, Lyssie.

any idea what the first thing is? I can't figure it out :|

Edited by Dragnia_Zonatia

Dragnia Zonatia - Sweetheart, you have to read. I promise if you look at least one page back and I promise you'll see the ten millionth explanation of the baby booties XD

fuzzbucket - first one is popcorn, second is the lights, third one is blinking lights. I'm pretty sure TJ didn't use the blinking lights, but don't quote me on that. o: however I think they're being changed regardless, last I saw DS made some better ones.

SlowHornpipe172 - Oh lulz XD I'm glad someone gets it because I certainly don't.

Paradiso - I think it just worked out that way because making it piece by piece would also make it hard to work with. I'm sorry it's frustrating the way it is, hun D:! Try adding it on last?

I have the popcorn and blinking lights. I put everything (yes ALL of it lol) on my tree in whatever pattern strikes my fancy. Then I leave it there until reset and get the new ornaments. Then I click reset so I can have them all pop over to the side and start putting them back on again. It might sound weird but I enjoy doing this. And maybe by the time we get the last decorations I'll know how I want to do my tree...maybe biggrin.gif

Oops had forgotten to add a great big thank you to EVERYONE involved in the tree. I missed out on Leetle Trees but I am having so much fun with this tree it makes up for it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Not yet in my part but hope everyone has a really good NEW year.

Edited by Sasha Mkai

thanks to those who draw all the ornaments! and Happy New Year, guys! in Russia it has already begun!

<3 I'm glad you like to see the behind the scenes. It was really the most exciting team effort. Everyone got together as a group and thought how to make it the most fun possible. Lyth started out saying we should do something new and we built up from there. I can keep you posted xd.png but my organizing isn't that interesting from here on out. It's more like..this one is x color.

It seems like more artists n such are involved in this project than any other I have been around to witness (I wasn't here for The Fog, so not sure if that had more lol). How do the artists get chosen for this type of project? Just curious.

So far my tree is empty xd.png I can't decide if I want to decorate it like a standard Christmas Tree, or create an image with the ornaments...I guess I'll just have to wait until we get all the ornaments.

Wow, I can see what the artists meant when they said that there would be more than enough ornaments even if you missed a few days. I think I could practically cover the tree just with what's already been released!

RIGHT!

You could take all the ornaments, mash them up, slather them all over the tree and cover the whole thing and still have extras!

Also, I asked a question. I believe it was, "Do we get a special message or something if we enter the top 200?" Sorry if I sound annoying by the way a word things. I'm an innocent fourth grader... *shot*

TOLDYA you'd have more than enough to work with.

DX I'm sorry DS, I have leetle pippy brain.. you'll have to beat it into me...again.

MollyElizbeth - Y'know, it's crazy, but the in-cave artists have become a big ol' family. We pitch ideas to eachother and whoever has the time to participate will do whatever they can manage. It's really nice <3 and gives the holidays a bit of a warm feelin'.

hotbottleo'water1 - I asked TJ for you, he said he won't be notifying the 200. And don't worry, I promise I only bite a lot D:

Edited by Dis

Okay okay, so I didn't really like this contest idea to begin with, but these ornaments are AWESOME! So many different colors and shapes and little cuties! The spriters have my unending adoration, seriously. Wow.

I have gotten all the ornaments so far, but I still don't have enough >< here's hoping for the next 5 days

Ahhh! sweetness! I need to come up with something creative....

I believe it's just a blue kitty. I'll ask bern.

[16:43] ME: Or is it just a blue kitty ornament?

[16:44] Bernouli: just a kitty :3

[16:44] Bernouli: cuz i'm a kitty

[16:44] Bernouli: and i float and i like b;ue

[16:44] Bernouli: blue

Marie19R I'm really glad it's growing on you <3

Sceptile100 with about 5 more days, and about 5-7 ornaments a day you should be alright :3 hopefully you'll find some more you like coming soon. I believe tomorrow has quite a few, so hopefully you'll be alright.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe new years! Much love! I can't wait for the event to be over so I can see what fantastic works you've all created.

I must say I'm very pleased with the ornaments so far. Unless I drastically change my idea I think I've got almost all I need. Here's hoping I get a couple more in the colors and sizes I'm looking for during the last days. *crosses fingers*

...I probably shouldn't have gone for an idea that needed such specific things but, oh well. If I don't get what I need I'll have a day or two to mess around and come up with a new one.

crud! i missed a day. any chance that after the competition, we can get the ornaments we missed? just for fun?

Edited by stealthxstar