TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Ok everyone, bunch of extra lights and popcorn strands coming your way!

If I were to automatically give out more of the lights/popcorn strand so people could fill their trees, how many would be a good amount? I tried 10 and it was far from enough to fill the tree, and I'm hesitant to flood peoples' trees with lights. That they'd have to clear out

So I thought of instead making it opt-in to get more lights. But if I do that, I might as well do it for all ornaments, so...

I'm considering instead allowing people to get more of any ornament they already have. It certainly opens up the decoration possibilities. Thoughts?

I'd really like to have duplicates or ornaments I already have. The light strings are too small and short for me to use in what I'm doing, so I don't really have an opinion on duplicates of them. I would love more bulbs though...

it would probably be to complicated.. but how about one strand of lights that cover the whole tree.. but you can change the color the the lights when you click them?

If I were to automatically give out more of the lights/popcorn strand so people could fill their trees, how many would be a good amount? I tried 10 and it was far from enough to fill the tree, and I'm hesitant to flood peoples' trees with lights. That they'd have to clear out

So I thought of instead making it opt-in to get more lights. But if I do that, I might as well do it for all ornaments, so...

I'm considering instead allowing people to get more of any ornament they already have. It certainly opens up the decoration possibilities. Thoughts?

Getting more of what we already have would be cool. But how would that work? Like, how would we get more without you having to individually filling such requests?

A tree really does need a lot of lights. It doesn't matter how many balls and other decorations it has, it just won't look right if it doesn't have a lot of lights on it.

A tree really does need a lot of lights. It doesn't matter how many balls and other decorations it has, it just won't look right if it doesn't have a lot of lights on it.

I'm with you all the way...... going off my other idea.. how about maybe we can break the lights down into different parts.. which, when you click they change colors.. that way you can have more then one color on the tree, or have color coordinated if desired.

I like the idea of having a tiered or zig-zagged rope of lights, that way, your whole tree has lights on them, similar to what you'd see anyway if you put lights on a tree in real-life.

Or, maybe a scattered layer of flickering lights in a big, 'triangle' shape?

I think there should be a golden/silver dragon ornament, for the top.

Anyone agree?

I think all the ornaments have been made...there's just the strings that have issues that need to be fixed.

I wouldn't mind some surprise ornaments though. More is always better.

I AM curious to see if other tree toppers might become available later; so far it's just the angel, right?

The angel wasn't supposed to be a topper (though you can use whatever you want as a topper if you wanna get creative x3)

There will be a group of actual toppers released all on the same day.

As for suggestions for ornaments, we've already finished all the ornaments and whatnot a while ago and we're not going to go back and work on them o: though DS was kind enough to edit one for us. Everything we have now is sorta set, hopefully you find what you're looking for ;3! Any suggestions will have to be taken into account for next year if this event is done again by the next organizer.

I would like to see more lights. After that I am open as I have not started decorating yet.

Yep even at home I get all the decorations out then decorate

Happy New Year!

@ TJ's question: It would definitely make things easier if we were able to get duplicates of the ornaments we have currently. I know for sure there are some I would like just for the colours... but wouldn't that kind of detract a bit from the creative element of having to work with what we've got to decorate our tree? .3. I can see the lights being duplicated, not sure about everything though. x3

The angel wasn't supposed to be a topper (though you can use whatever you want as a topper if you wanna get creative x3) 

^^' I'll probably end up changing it later but I've got the angel up there currently since it was a primary school tradition for us to create angels to put on top of the class Christmas tree. tongue.gif Glad to know some actual toppers will be released though. biggrin.gif

Edited by Vampiric

DO LIKE

That would be amazing <3

I hope I win, and good luck to the rest of you. smile.gif We are in Day 6, and there are so many ornaments. blink.gif How many are you guys planning to use?

I think obtaining more of certain decorations would be a wonderful thing, especially for the anal symmetrically-inclined people like myself.