TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I have collected all of the ornaments so far. smile.gif I just figured out that TJ's last name is Lipscomb so TJ Lipscomb.

I will be posting all the ornaments, and the credits, asap :3 probably edit my front page post. I've just got internet issues at the moment so we'll see what happens.

I will be posting all the ornaments, and the credits, asap :3 probably edit my front page post. I've just got internet issues at the moment so we'll see what happens.

Thanks. smile.gif It'll be nice to know who made all the pretties.

This is fantastic! I love this! I was impressed with the old DC, but the new stuff is just awesome. This comp is awesome. New dragons are awesome. TJ and minions are awesome. smile.gif

......minions?

blink.gif

Well, if Dissy is ready for the big reveal, I guess it wouldn't hurt now to tell the story of the booties. If anyone is still interested in why there's baby booties on the tree?

Edited by Wynni

Oh is that what those are?

It's kinda hard to tell on my screen ><

My husband's grandmother is an excellent crochet artist. I still have foot warmers she made for me, and would make the most delicate lacey decorations for the christmas tree: snowflakes, angels, bells, and one year she made some tiny wee booties.

It was a good thing she did, because those booties were the only thing that would fit our wee infant daughter's feet, everything else swallowed them hole. We lost her a few months later, and those booties became priceless, so i"m sharing them, and our family story, with my Dragon Cave Family.

My husband's grandmother is an excellent crochet artist. I still have foot warmers she made for me, and would make the most delicate lacey decorations for the christmas tree: snowflakes, angels, bells, and one year she made some tiny wee booties.

It was a good thing she did, because those booties were the only thing that would fit our wee infant daughter's feet, everything else swallowed them hole. We lost her a few months later, and those booties became priceless, so i"m sharing them, and our family story, with my Dragon Cave Family.

What a lovely story. I've got the baby booties on my tree and they look wonderful.

I'll post the ornaments after the have been revealed (I.E. day 1-5's ornaments on day 5)

Wynni's little booties story makes me all warm and tingly inside. To know wynni would share such a special and touching story with us <3

Edited by Dis

Awww, what a lovely story - thanks for creating the booties to share with us. smile.gif

Oh Wynni! Many many hugs to you and your husband!

Those booties are definitely special! Thank you for sharing the story behind the booties - I was wondering myself.

TJ you are so awesome; the only possible explanation is that Chuck Norris is your father.

True. 100% accurate.

Only 6 days in ^

Love the blue, just what I needed

I really don't think it's fair that if we don't *view the tree* one day we don't get the ornaments for that day. Why isn't it fair? Because of the constant error messages when you try to view the tree.

I tried *eight times* to view my tree this evening, and it gave me an error message every single time. Now it's past midnight DC time and I've lost a day's worth of ornaments because of the error messages. Not fair!

I love the new ornament set, especially the blue bird.

Yep 6 days in, 6 days of ornaments left

As for the error message, it's pretty common, it's probably better to get the days ornament as early as possible, and it's totally fair, you get 24 hours to click on a page, it isn't that hard to take a few minutes (considering you get an error message) out of the day

As for the error message, it's pretty common, it's probably better to get the days ornament as early as possible, and it's totally fair, you get 24 hours to click on a page, it isn't that hard to take a few minutes (considering you get an error message) out of the day

Some of us don't have all day to click on it. I had to work all day. I was online five hours before midnight; Should have been enough time to click a simple link, but the error message kept appearing. I even cleared my cookies and tried again, and it didn't work.

I'd say if it's a contest that hinges on being able to click a link every day, the link should be available to be clicked on. I'm sorry I can't be online every hour each day to try it, but I do have responsibilites. I do think it's unfair that error messages are "pretty common" when the entire tree-ornaments thing depends on getting to that page.

It doesn't hinge on getting every ornament, i you can't tell, there are more than enough ornaments to fill the tree already,

and the message all depends on the browser, if I get it one refresh fixes it, sorry you don't have all the ornaments, a lot of people don't have em all so far, I'm sure you can make a wonderful tree without them

There should be no more database errors.

Damn typos.

25th = 1

26th = 2

27th = 3

28th = 4

29th = 5

30th = 6

31st = 7

Some of us don't have all day to click on it. I had to work all day. I was online five hours before midnight; Should have been enough time to click a simple link, but the error message kept appearing. I even cleared my cookies and tried again, and it didn't work.

I'd say if it's a contest that hinges on being able to click a link every day, the link should be available to be clicked on. I'm sorry I can't be online every hour each day to try it, but I do have responsibilites. I do think it's unfair that error messages are "pretty common" when the entire tree-ornaments thing depends on getting to that page.

You will have more than enough ornaments. It's highly doubtful you'll be able to squish each and every one on there. I dunno why it's giving you such problems, it gives me a couple of problems, but I refresh a couple times and it's gone. It could possibly be that everyone is checking at the same time. I honestly have no idea what causes that issue.

I'm sorry, but a few days ago, weren't you questioning the fairness of the contest in the first place?

Remember that it's your creativity, not the ornaments themselves that will catch attention.