TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Say guys? We aren't allowed to post links of tree images aren't we?

Just thinking that some of these trees would FALL OVER from the sheer weight of ornaments on the front side. xd.png

*laughs* That's what goes through my head every time I see one of the crazy overdone trees. That thing would be on the floor in two seconds from all those ornaments. xd.png

Even though I am trying to rate fairly I feel like my ratings are turning out very low.

I made a simple, color-themed classical tree myself and use it as a standard at score 7.

Trees that are not disturbing but average get 5-6. Trees that are more original than mine and still look well-balanced and christmassy get 8-9. I'm not against giving 10's, but so far have not encountered one that I felt deserved one.

Trees that are overcluttered, look like they are strangling the dragons, have ornaments floating about them without any obvious purpose or have pictures or words but don't look like christmas trees anymore get 2-4. Trees with nothing in them get 1.

I'm surprised at the number of 2-4's I give, but I feel it wouldn't be fair to the first trees I rated if I change my rating system now...

I realise a lot of my low scores are probably for people who are victims of the glitch, and I feel sorry for them, but I cannot judge what I cannot see unfortunately.

The only faults I ignore is an ornament that is still visible away from the tree, because I have one myself (popcorn garland) that I'm quite confident was faded and that is now visible. I can only hope people won't vote me down for that too much.

There are 8000+ trees, you may get very bored before this is over xd.png

I think constraints made 3 color options available. Multi-colored, gold+color and silver+ color. There weren't enough colored ornaments to really do another one besides blue or red. So, if you prefer something not multi-colored, that was your choice.

biggrin.gif Believe me, I'm pretty much there now. wink.gif And yes, color restraints didn't leave a lot of room for color combination choices but it's nice to see something different every now and then. I saw a mostly purple one earlier this morning. Nice change of pace. *G* I tend to prefer the multi-colored ones though as the more colors there, the less the color seems to overwhelm the tree.

Anyone else who noticed the army of "DC" trees? O.O I have seen over 10 of those! D:

I've seen quite many different trees by now. Some that was all blank and had no ormanent at all and trees that had every single one of the ornaments... But I must say, I really enjoy to vote when I see something I really like. (:

And I regret right now that I used the gold parrot to my tree... It seems so odd with it... Sure, I decided to have dragons on the top of it and birds at the bottom of it (and then the tree itself just decorated as I would have decorate our real tree if I had the same ornaments; boring I know, I had no idea at all except the bird and dragon-thing I came up with when I saw the dragons)... But I can't stop to think that it would have looked better if I removed the parrot...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this ...

Pickle at the nether region of one dragon and Potato at the nether region of another ...

cool.gif

I've only seen one DC tree and no TJs yet...

Lucky you! D: Lol I'm actually writting down the number of DC trees xd.png

The only faults I ignore is an ornament that is still visible away from the tree, because I have one myself (popcorn garland) that I'm quite confident was faded and that is now visible. I can only hope people won't vote me down for that too much.

For me, it all depends. If it's one or two ornaments that you can tell were a total accident - most likely faded for the person but the glitch unfaded them - I don't judge harshly, but if it's all the ornaments they didn't use, or several that you can tell they just couldn't be bothered to actually push out of the way, I am harsher. The preview button and the extra day were given for a reason. A little mistake can be forgiven, but if it looks like they couldn't be bothered to move the ornaments out of the way, I can't be bothered to be forgiving.

I feel like such a harsh grader. I'm giving out a lot of 5s because the stuff is average... it's not bad or anything, but it is nothing special. I haven't rated anything higher than a 7 all day. But I'm sure there are some 8s,9s, or 10s still out there somewhere! biggrin.gif

On a good note, I haven't seen any trees that look like mine... I'm kinda glad I didn't use the garland. It would have made my tree way too crowded. blink.gif I like so many of them, though, and mine is probably too colorful and uncoordinated to win anything. xd.png

lol you think you're a harsh grader? I've been giving out 2's and 3's to nearly all the trees I've seen xd.png I've graded a few 7's, 8's and 9's, but those are rare.

I guess you could say I have been judging kind of harshly. Most of the trees I rate are getting between 2 and 4. If it looks full without being overloaded and nicely balanced I give them between a 4 and 8, depending on how much it makes me go, "Oooh!" The picture/ letter/ number trees are not getting much of a score from me unless they're impressive... and there have been a couple, though none come to mine at the moment.

I have given exactly ONE 10, and I wish I had screenied it! It was breathtaking! It was a rainbow tree, but it was perfectly gradiated. I still can't figure out how they did it! xd.png It was also very well balanced. This tree literally made me stop and my mouth fell open! (Has anyone else seen that one?)

lol you think you're a harsh grader? I've been giving out 2's and 3's to nearly all the trees I've seen xd.png I've graded a few 7's, 8's and 9's, but those are rare.

I'm rating the trees more like you. I don't feel nearly as bad as I did. LOL.

The highest I've rated so far is a 8.

I've seen a few TJ or DC trees, but not much. I see a lot of messed up trees instead though =(

Edit: Typo

Edited by Qualeo

Oh man, I just saw one where it looked like the 'Death Star' ornament (red one with an indent) was blowing up a 'planet,' explosion conveyed via star ornament behind it XDDD

The rest of the tree was fairly boring, but that got an extra few points! <3

My only, well, not my only, but I have a problem with the birds apparently holding onto the tree with their beaks and their tail feathers sticking (there are many of these)..it looks like someone was throwing darts...

Ahhhhhh I was going to vote "6" for a tree, but my cursor does this thing where it shoots elsewhere every once in a while. I ended up hitting "1" instead and clicked on the vote button before I could change it T____T sorry to whoever made that tree.

I have given exactly ONE 10, and I wish I had screenied it! It was breathtaking! It was a rainbow tree, but it was perfectly gradiated. I still can't figure out how they did it! xd.png It was also very well balanced. This tree literally made me stop and my mouth fell open! (Has anyone else seen that one?)

I think that's one of the ones I gave a 10 to too. *G* It was beautiful.

I've seen loads of rainbow trees some more well executed than others xd.png

Anyway I'm gonna go have a break, there's only so many trees you can see at once before you have to be carted off to the mental institute blink.gif

I think that's one of the ones I gave a 10 to too. *G* It was beautiful.

Hey I think it was my only 10 too!

I might have seen that one.I did see this goergous rainbow one.It made me cry xd.png

Hm...I really wonder what my symetric tree will be voted. And I think I passed 500 trees! xd.png