TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

well its really shame people only like the normal looking trees that are more Christmas

like and stuff that floating just don't like them at all and there for get a very low rating.

Over 8k? That's really a lot...

And did anybody encounter their own tree yet, if that is even possible? xd.png I haven't seen mine yet.

Over 8k? That's really a lot...

And did anybody encounter their own tree yet, if that is even possible? xd.png I haven't seen mine yet.

Considering there are over 100,000 members on the site... no, it really isn't all that much.

Considering there are over 100,000 members on the site... no, it really isn't all that much.

Half a million scrolls, someone said a while ago..... AWESOME!

I have also seen many trees with words or pictures on them. I know that shows creativity and the decorators spend a lot of time on them but.... I don't know. Those trees are no christmastrees for me. I have seen so many pictures of dragons or other animals, most of them are very impressive and well planned, but they have a lack of christmas-feeling.

I think it depends how well-done they are. I have seen some nice ones that look like a Christmas tree but the artist has made a small dragon, heart, or another sculpture out of some of the ornaments as part of the decoration. I rate those trees very highly because they both show creativity AND stick to the "Christmas tree" theme.

But as for the ones that are really only original pictures and the Christmas tree is just part of the background, I can understand your complaint. It's a personal opinion at that point. If they're beautiful or really clever, I am still going to give them high marks, but I can understand why other people might not.

After judging a lot of trees now, I've concluded that the one I made is rather ordinary. It is pretty, nicely arranged, and not overloaded with stuff, so it's above average; but there is nothing really special about it. It is just a well-balanced traditional tree. After seeing what else is out there, if I had to rate my own, I would give it only a 7. :-)

I'm going to stop talking now but anyway good luck to everyone and sorry about what I said. just help I don't get banned or knocked me out of the contest.

if rated mine it would be a 5.

Edited by Uryu_4

Hope you feel better today Z!

And I think the mods deserve a thank you on letting this thread be a bit chatty. It was one of our requests on the forum feedback thread and I've enjoyed the general excited atmosphere. Thanks guys! <3

So far, I haven't seen anyone repeat what I did with my topper. But its very leetle, so I'm worried tired people are skipping by and not seeing it. But I'll have to wait for the contest to be over to ask xd.png

I stop reading any comments from now - it's hard enough to see the same ideas like mine and - what I expected - to see trees that I wished I had done instead of mine lol. I wanna keep up my hopes to not get frustrated by all the people telling what and why they didnt like and didnt rate well for it.

BUT I needed to post one more time - cus I just rated my first 10, and I took a screenshot to not forget about it. I am very curious if I will meet it again under the winners^^

(btw. constant rating seems to be bad for the eyes, yesterday I had to stop for over an hour cus I started to see strange shiny lights wherever I looked and wasn't able to see a tree anymore xd.png)

I prefer a tree with no ornaments to a lot of the ones I've seen with too many. Just voted a no-ornament tree as 10 because the one before it was just terrible.

I have to say, I'm completely boggled by the people that chose to only decorate ONE side of their tree, leaving the other side blank and by the people that chose to use all the ornaments in one spot making like a big layered circle in the middle of the tree. blink.gif

So far I've only given out two tens (yesterday) and only one nine today.

I vote based on my initial reaction. I'm trying to be easier on the trees that I really hate but some are just...yeah.

Assured a 1 - if it looks like your trees and ornaments are eating the dragons/birds or if your ornaments are floating all around the tree.

While I realize that the glitch screwed up a lot of people's trees, which is quite unfortunate, I refuse to give pity votes and chance that a tree that looks HORRIBLE (yes, because of the glitch but horrible none the less) ends up being in the top 200. I think the top 200 should be there because they deserve to be there, not because people felt bad for someone's entry being glitched.

So far only two trees have wowed me enough to get a 10 and both were very traditional - AND had a lot of ornaments. I'm not down on FULL trees, I love full trees, I just cannot stand the ones that, as others have so aptly put it, look like Christmas threw up all over them.

I will say though that sadly I've only see maybe five of the picture trees. While they're not really to my taste, I'd still like to see them (especially the one that has Santa's sleigh). rolleyes.gif

I stop reading any comments from now - it's hard enough to see the same ideas like mine and - what I expected - to see trees that I wished I had done instead of mine lol. I wanna keep up my hopes to not get frustrated by all the people telling what and why they didnt like and didnt rate well for it.

BUT I needed to post one more time - cus I just rated my first 10, and I took a screenshot to not forget about it. I am very curious if I will meet it again under the winners^^

(btw. constant rating seems to be bad for the eyes, yesterday I had to stop for over an hour cus I started to see strange shiny lights wherever I looked and wasn't able to see a tree anymore xd.png)

Same! When I close my eyes I see christmas trees flashing on the back of my eyelids ninja.gif

EDIT: To person below go back 2 pages ^.^

Edited by Lunaeluu

Seen a good amount of decent trees, I've only had to give one tree a 1 simply because it was waaaaay too cluttered.

BTW: Will we find out after the contest how many votes our trees got, or what was the average score for our trees are? I've done a TL;DR so apologies if this has been answered.

If they're beautiful or really clever, I am still going to give them high marks, but I can understand why other people might not.

I would give those trees hight marks, too. But so far there was no tree with such a picture. I remember that I have seen a tree with a lizard on it yesterday. The picture was very well done, but the rest of the tree was blank - no lights, no garland, no topper. I give this tree an 8 because of the picture, but the whole tree was not worth a 10 for me.

Anyone else noticing that parts of the bottom of the picture are getting cut off? Like the tree toppers that people have down around the presents. Part of their bodies/wings are chopped off.

I have to say, I'm completely boggled by the people that chose to only decorate ONE side of their tree, leaving the other side blank and by the people that chose to use all the ornaments in one spot making like a big layered circle in the middle of the tree. blink.gif

So far I've only given out two tens (yesterday) and only one nine today.

I vote based on my initial reaction. I'm trying to be easier on the trees that I really hate but some are just...yeah.

Assured a 1 - if it looks like your trees and ornaments are eating the dragons/birds or if your ornaments are floating all around the tree.

While I realize that the glitch screwed up a lot of people's trees, which is quite unfortunate, I refuse to give pity votes and chance that a tree that looks HORRIBLE (yes, because of the glitch but horrible none the less) ends up being in the top 200. I think the top 200 should be there because they deserve to be there, not because people felt bad for someone's entry being glitched.

So far only two trees have wowed me enough to get a 10 and both were very traditional - AND had a lot of ornaments. I'm not down on FULL trees, I love full trees, I just cannot stand the ones that, as others have so aptly put it, look like Christmas threw up all over them.

I will say though that sadly I've only see maybe five of the picture trees. While they're not really to my taste, I'd still like to see them (especially the one that has Santa's sleigh). rolleyes.gif

This is pretty much exactly my thoughts. I also gave out two tens yesterday to some nicely full trees.

Hm...I have seen some very bad ones... But there was this one tree that was forming a rainbow with balls and the crystal balls where above them! <3 It was really lovely! Congrats person who made it! You got my one and only ten! :3

biggrin.gif Took me a moment to get the reference for this tree (It was the number 21 in a rectangle)

Then I remembered the movie "21" about the people who count cards, Epic xd.png

mad.gif I really hate the trees that people are putting vulgar and tasteless pictures/designs on.

Just saw one that had the birds looking like they were crapping the crackers all over the tree. mad.gif This is not funny, nor original. It's childish and tactless.

If the tree is well decorated -- minimally or with a lot of ornaments, I do rate it well. The blank trees get no sympathy at all. The ones that are cluttered and looked like they were just thrown together with no thought are pretty gross. Some of the "cluttered" trees are awesome, you can tell they took their time and put a lot of thought into them, carefully placing each ornament and some look like they opened the box and just tossed the ornaments on and let them stay where they landed.

I vote each tree -- not because it is cluttered, blue/silver, gold/red, design -- each tree as an individual.

Sure there was a bug -- I know cause I was dealing with it after submission but TJ gave us extra time to fix it from what I heard so no pity votes are needed. What I dont want to see is a winner tree that you can tell won only cause peeps felt sorry for it. That would upset me and my children who worked hard on our trees.

And yes if they have a lot of floaties, or wings or something that looks impractical if this tree was real in someones house, I do take that into consideration. Tis a Christmas Tree and should be celebrating Christmas, not New Years (seen a few that say 2011), not dragon cave, not how much we love TJ but Christmas and if it doesnt, I vote accordedly.

mad.gif I really hate the trees that people are putting vulgar and tasteless pictures/designs on.

Just saw one that had the birds looking like they were crapping the crackers all over the tree. mad.gif This is not funny, nor original. It's childish and tactless.

Luckily I've yet to notice anything vulgar.

It's getting pretty easy to tell who actually worked on their tree and who just wasn't interested. I've only been at this about ten minutes and I already stumbled across a completely blank tree! My impulse was to give it a ten, just because it amused me to death...but I didn't. LOL

Hm....I'm so sad for voting so many trees with 2 or 3's....Oh well! It does make me proud to see how much prettier my tree is than so many others. Wha I'm proud of is the time I put into it and carefully designed it to be symetric...Meh~ People what's with all the overstuffed trees! We liked the ornaments aswell but we did better than that you know! (Curently only 1 ten, 2 nines and 5 eights >.>)