TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

ohmy.gif Just found a tree where someone managed to layer the glass ornaments over solid colored ones.... the idea is simple, the layering difficult but perfect... the effect is stunning... my first 10

I wish I'd experimented with layering, a lot of people are saying it looks amazing.

I dislike the trees that look like the dragons and birds are having an orgy....it kinda takes away from the Christmas idea....LOL

Added:

It's so funny. I did a gold and multi-colored tree because I thought that the blue and silver would be to blah...and now most of the 7-8s that I've voted for ARE silver and blue! tongue.gif

Edited by Shalarean

I dislike the trees that look like the dragons and birds are having an orgy....it kinda takes away from the Christmas idea....LOL

orgy?? blink.gif *disturbed*

i thought it looked like they were fighting! laugh.gif

Foxxie:

You need to say please. Lol.

Haha just go to your scroll and there's a Tree voting link on the top. you'll see it.

Question: how do we see a tree's voting?

Question two: Does anyone know how many trees are there? I want to vote them all.. but I don't know how long it'll take.

You can't see the votes - and there are over 8,000.

Oh, very nice, I've seen people creating pictures with lights .. a lovely butterfly or a bow, am not too sure but it's lovely nevertheless. People keep surprising me!

Ok that one was cool, the dragons were carrying the ornaments, they were decorating it.

Another the lights were hypnotic I just kept staring at it.

8,000 blink.gif my eyes hurt and I just started.

just this morning i saw one that had a gecko on it! tail to the top of the tree, head down at the bottom, with those clear colored ornaments as big, glassy eyes! it was cute. that was one of the picture ones i actually liked!

anyways, i'm with you, some of the picture ones i can't figure them out. i just saw one that said JOY and for the longest time, i thought it said toy. i was like "wtf?"!!

i DO like the ones that have peace signs on them! wink.gif

Ugh, I just spent an hour rating trees. Last night, I saw quite a few decent ones, albeit nothing that really "knocked my socks off". Today, though... it's like they were all competing for the OHGOD KILL IT WITH FIRE! prize. For every one I rated 4 or 5, I probably gave out four or five 1-3s, and let me tell you, something has to be pretty darned awful to get a 2 from me. I stopped after awarding a 6 to something, since I want to be able to convince myself to go back later and vote again, and that seemed like the best tree to remember when the convincing started. wink.gif

EDIT for pre-caffeine grammar and logic fail.

Edited by Evilminion

I've seen several where I sit here and think, "Now why didn't I think of that?!"

I can't believe how neat some of these trees are! There are some very creative trees here. I just can't wait to find out which trees are the winners!

*bounces* I'm so excited!

Added:

I keep not seeing the decoration around the presents unless it's loud and awful. Is this happening to anyone else? LOL

Edited by Shalarean

Sounds like Shalarean got my share of decent trees this morning, heehee!

Nice juxtaposition of posts, anyway. Just goes to show that random doesn't always mean evenly distributed! laugh.gif

wink.gif They are just buried in there, Evilminion.

I just saw one that looked like they tried to make garland out of some of the ornaments...good idea, didn't work.

tongue.gif

I've seen several where I sit here and think, "Now why didn't I think of that?!"

I can't believe how neat some of these trees are!  There are some very creative trees here.  I just can't wait to find out which trees are the winners!

Added:

I keep not seeing the decoration around the presents unless it's loud and awful.  Is this happening to anyone else?  LOL

Same here - I did think of putting the clear "shiny" ornaments on top of other ornaments to gain an "effect" but some of these are really creative.

I suppose I've seen some that were trying to be creative, but I guess I just don't get "it" or it's not clear if they were trying to create an effect or just sloppy...

I actually placed an item with the gifts so I do notice when other do the same and yeah, some put so much down there it seems the tree sneezed and dropped some stuff down there!

I just regret not sticking with my initial thought of having my dragon eating that Candy Cane! I debated on doing it but in the end removed the candy cane sad.gif Now I wish I had left it because I'm starting to think there's nothing that "pops" on my tree...

Ugh, I just spent an hour rating trees. Last night, I saw quite a few decent ones, albeit nothing that really "knocked my socks off". Today, though... it's like they were all competing for the OHGOD KILL IT WITH FIRE! prize. For every one I rated 4 or 5, I probably gave out four or five 1-3s, and let me tell you, something has to be pretty darned awful to get a 2 from me. I stopped after awarding a 6 to something, since I want to be able to convince myself to go back later and vote again, and that seemed like the best tree to remember when the convincing started. wink.gif

EDIT for pre-caffeine grammar and logic fail.

yes, i agree. i have been giving out a lot of low marks. for me- 3 or 2 for extreme over crowding or just crap all over the place, haphazardly thrown on. then a one is for my eyes imploding or just like 4 ornaments all the way down to a completely empty tree!!!

5 is average, anything pretty is 6 and up!

I put ornaments down with the presents too. So I don't really understand why I'm just not seeing them...

I don't think anything pops on my tree either. I wouldn't rank it less than 5, but I'm so not winning this thing. biggrin.gif

LOL saw one that looked like the ornaments just got vomited onto the tree

and a ? was placed in the center made with the balls

gave it a 2 instead of my normal 1 for vomit ornament tree tongue.gif

...I don't think anything pops on my tree either. I wouldn't rank it less than 5, but I'm so not winning this thing. biggrin.gif

well, don't worry. i did a traditional tree, too! and i don't think anything "pops" on my tree, either. but i still think it's a pretty tree! and i'm rating traditional ones that are well done with higher marks. considering some of the stuff we are voting, traditional ones are getting high marks!!! laugh.gif

This may be a dumb question but... how do we view the trees? i can't seem to figure it out sad.gif

can't view them, can only vote on them

on your scroll under the Accout Stting and Generate Incubator there is a spot named Tree Decorating Contest voting

or use this link http://dragcave.net/treevote

I actually want to see a tree that's out-lined with ornaments. I don't know that I'd like it, but I still want to see it. Ya think anyone did that?

When you go to your scroll, you'll see account settings and the generate incubator thing. It's just under that.

Account Settings

Generate Incubator

Tree Decorating Contest Voting

SDT you go to your scroll and on the very left hand side at the top it will say Tree Decorating Contest,or you could just go here http://dragcave.net/treevote (copy and paste that to your search bar.)

ninja.gif 'd

Edited by DarkDamsel09

Dragon toppers sitting on candles .. can't think of anything else but OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! Furthermore the position makes me think of something very not nice as well ...

I actually want to see a tree that's out-lined with ornaments. I don't know that I'd like it, but I still want to see it. Ya think anyone did that?

I have seen some of those. Results may vary. xd.png

I see a lot of trees that look like they tried to use every single thing they got on there. I only have seen one of those that I actually liked. (much to my surprise)

I didn't ever realize that I'm so used to seeing the garland go one direction and when I saw that someone used the ornaments "backwards" it took a minute to realize why it looked so strange!

I wonder...if I saw my tree, would I recognize it?

Edited by Shalarean

Hmm, I did another round of judging. I'm definitely settling into a rhythm with it. The biggest things I've been downvoting for are garlands that don't fit properly on the tree, debris left in the visible zone, and misuse of tree toppers (either they don't fit properly on the tree, or they're floating in space with the hole where the tree is supposed to go glaring out at me.) I know that the debris might be the fault of a glitch, which makes me sorry for the person who made it, but still, a debris-cluttered tree is not going to win the contest just because it might have been accidental.

The biggest things I've been upvoting for are symmetry, nice spacing of the ornaments, creative touches, and a pretty flow of colors. I'm pretty sure I've given good scores to many trees whose owners were thinking "Oh, I'll never win." If it's well-composed, I'm giving it good scores even if there's nothing original about it or it's even a little bit crowded. It's the spacing and colors that do it for me the most.

Someone said there were 6000 trees, and someone else said 8000. If it's 6000, there's an outside chance I may finish them all by the end of the voting period. If it's 8000, there is no chance of that. But it is fun to see some of them, anyway!