TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

It's getting pretty easy to tell who actually worked on their tree and who just wasn't interested. I've only been at this about ten minutes and I already stumbled across a completely blank tree! My impulse was to give it a ten, just because it amused me to death...but I didn't. LOL

Actually most of those are because of the glitch... I'm still rating them ones though because they shouldn't be really counted in the competition

Luckily I've yet to notice anything vulgar.

The bird one is the only one I've seen today but I saw several yesterday that were worse. Using ornaments to give the dragon toppers genitalia or having the dragon toppers look like they're performing certain adult acts on one another...seriously. *sigh* I could really do without the perversion. Especially considering there are little kids voting on these trees. Granted some hopefully don't even really notice but some are certainly observant enough to understand and that is extremely sad to me as this was about decorating Christmas trees, not showing DC just how immature you really are. *sigh*

There is a lot of blue and silver decorated trees. At first I thought this was really pretty, but now I'm kinda bored with it.

There are also a lot of trees with no color theme, or with gold and red.

I think the ton of blue and silver trees is really an illusion; they stand out more than other tree types, so they seem more common. I've seen more red and gold trees or trees without a color theme than blue and silver trees.

mad.gif I really hate the trees that people are putting vulgar and tasteless pictures/designs on.

Just saw one that had the birds looking like they were crapping the crackers all over the tree. mad.gif This is not funny, nor original. It's childish and tactless.

Yes, I saw one vulgar looking one in which the pickle was positioned to look like part of a dragon's anatomy. :-o

I wish there was a way to go back and re-view all the trees that you have given scores of, say, 8-10. I've seen some beautiful trees and I'd love to be able to review my favorites. :-)

For every red and gold tree I see, I've seen four or five blue and silver.

For the most part, I don't really care for the free-floating decorations. But there are some with free-floating decorations that I think are really pretty.

I've been voting based off how much I like the tree compared to the last one.

If tree A is a four, and I like tree B better, I vote based on how much better...LOL

Yes, I saw one vulgar looking one in which the pickle was positioned to look like part of a dragon's anatomy. :-o

I wish there was a way to go back and re-view all the trees that you have given scores of, say, 8-10. I've seen some beautiful trees and I'd love to be able to review my favorites. :-)

Yeah me too! Man that rainbow ball one was so pretty! >.< Say guys which was the best tree you saw?

Saw one of the picture ones. tongue.gif It was the fire breathing dragon one. Very creative. I gave it more points than I would have for the creativity, but not really high marks as it's not Christmas-y.

I also found one that had anti-gravity ornaments that I was totally okay with! *laughs* Someone had one of the dragons playing the trumpet and blowing the bubble like ornaments out of it. Very clever. High marks.

I've been coming across trees that have the dragons wrapped around the candles. I actually do like this.

Added:

I just saw one tree that looked short and fat. O.o

Aren't all these trees the same size! LOL

Edited by Shalarean

Yay~ Just saw the fifth tree that had DC written on it and my second TJ :/ Heh....I sound so mean but I just can't help it! D: I expected more people would have putted some effort and fantasy in making their trees :/

[EDIT] Add 3 more DC trees >.>

[second EDIT] HOLLY COW! O.O ADD 4 MORE!

Edit three....Yes people! Add one more >.>

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

K I've had several database errors today and I noticed when i just click back and vote again it doesn't record my vote (as it doesn't say succesful)

I'm excited! Maybe it means I've voted on them before (and therefore shows that I'm slowly getting closer to seeing them all), I have voted on hundreds probably even a thousand. I will see them all!!!

EDIT: Yay! I found the vampire face someone mentioned yesterday, i lol'd and gave it a 7

Edited by Lunaeluu

I gave one tree a 9 just for using that red and gold wrapper in a way that looked pretty. It must have been REALLY hard to align that particular wrapper properly and/or integrate it with the rest of the tree design, because I've seen so many trees fail at it. This one succeeded, so I gave it a degree of difficulty boost. :-)

Ok, I have to get back to (real) work now. Enjoy your tree judging!

There is a lot of blue and silver decorated trees. At first I thought this was really pretty, but now I'm kinda bored with it.

I just hope you don't vote down silver and blue trees just because you're bored of it..

I made a blue and silver tree, not thinking it might be a popular color theme, and went rather simple with my overall decorations. I think there are other people who did it much better than I did, and I'm thrilled to see others' take on the theme.

We worked hard on our trees, so everyone, please just vote each tree on it's own merit, not whether you're bored of that theme. Being unintentionally unoriginal doesn't mean a tree is bad. smile.gif

Just gave my third ten. Another traditional, but this one had the Dragon topper's tail aligned perfectly with the garland so that it looked like the Dragon's tail WAS the garland all wrapped around the tree. Very lovely.

i keep seeing trees that are completely messy and decorated with almost everything.

What's with that? Do people really think that looks good?

I just hope you don't vote down silver and blue trees just because you're bored of it..

I made a blue and silver tree, not thinking it might be a popular color theme, and went rather simple with my overall decorations. I think there are other people who did it much better than I did, and I'm thrilled to see others' take on the theme.

We worked hard on our trees, so everyone, please just vote each tree on it's own merit, not whether you're bored of that theme. Being unintentionally unoriginal doesn't mean a tree is bad. smile.gif

No worries. I'm not voting them down when I keep seeing similar trees. I keep looking for something that makes the tree stand out a bit differently than the last. I just didn't expect so many people to go on such a similar theme.

I won't vote down because of a common theme. There are enough trees to vote less on than the color scheme! wink.gif

I don't think anyone is intentionally voting a particular theme low because they've seen it dozens upon dozens of times. Just stating that seeing so many of the same color scheme DOES get old and boring. That doesn't mean people are voting them differently than the rest. I think most people are voting based on each individual tree. That doesn't mean that seeing the same thing over and over isn't going to get tiring after a while. wink.gif

I don't think anyone is intentionally voting a particular theme low because they've seen it dozens upon dozens of times. Just stating that seeing so many of the same color scheme DOES get old and boring. That doesn't mean people are voting them differently than the rest. I think most people are voting based on each individual tree. That doesn't mean that seeing the same thing over and over isn't going to get tiring after a while. wink.gif

I can totally understand that. I'm starting to get tired of the messy trees - but I still vote each of them on their own level. Some have even gotten 4s.

Edited by soupnazi

People, please don't vote 10s for blank trees. I know you think it's funny, but it'll greatly cease to be when a few blank trees get into the top 200 because a few people gave them 10's for the giggles. :/

I have yet to give a 10 to ANY tree, and seeing a nice tree overridden by a high ranked blank tree is just... stupid.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I keep my voting easy. I think about the last tree I saw, and decide if I like the tree I'm looking at more or less than the last one. So it feels more like I'm always voting between two trees. biggrin.gif

Added:

AngelicDragonPuppy. No worries here! I sure won't. I did think about it briefly when I came across my first one, but then I had the same thought you did and said heck NO!

I hope the winning trees are lovely, not blank!

Edited by Shalarean

No worries. I'm not voting them down when I keep seeing similar trees. I keep looking for something that makes the tree stand out a bit differently than the last. I just didn't expect so many people to go on such a similar theme.

I won't vote down because of a common theme. There are enough trees to vote less on than the color scheme! wink.gif

biggrin.gif I'm glad!

Also, as a side note, I wonder what would have happened had we had a 3D tree, that could be decorated on all sides instead of just the front.

I know in my house we usually decorated the whole tree, maybe with a little more focus on the side that faced into the room than the side closest to the wall.

Just thinking that some of these trees would FALL OVER from the sheer weight of ornaments on the front side. xd.png

There are 8000+ trees, you may get very bored before this is over xd.png

I think constraints made 3 color options available. Multi-colored, gold+color and silver+ color. There weren't enough colored ornaments to really do another one besides blue or red. So, if you prefer something not multi-colored, that was your choice.

I've a question. But in other countries people put toys on their Christmas tree or some people placed them without a matter? As I don't like it so much, I'd like to know if it's a somewhere's tradition so I'll not penalize them.