TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I have given exactly ONE 10, and I wish I had screenied it! It was breathtaking! It was a rainbow tree, but it was perfectly gradiated. I still can't figure out how they did it! xd.png It was also very well balanced. This tree literally made me stop and my mouth fell open! (Has anyone else seen that one?)

Me too, that rainbow one that I high rated (there are some here, maybe it's not the same you saw) it's amazing ohmy.gif.

I guess you could say I have been judging kind of harshly. Most of the trees I rate are getting between 2 and 4. If it looks full without being overloaded and nicely balanced I give them between a 4 and 8, depending on how much it makes me go, "Oooh!" The picture/ letter/ number trees are not getting much of a score from me unless they're impressive... and there have been a couple, though none come to mine at the moment.

I have given exactly ONE 10, and I wish I had screenied it! It was breathtaking! It was a rainbow tree, but it was perfectly gradiated. I still can't figure out how they did it! xd.png It was also very well balanced. This tree literally made me stop and my mouth fell open! (Has anyone else seen that one?)

I think I've seen it, it was really well organized so I gave it a 10. smile.gif

I really hope that at the end, the 200 top finalist's trees are anonymously posted up by TJ for us to look at. Otherwise I'm never going to see some of these beautiful trees I keep hearing about! *A*

How do we vote? *can't find the starting link*

Go to your scroll - you'll see 3 columns of "management" options - Under the column that starts with "Account Settings" you'll see "Tree Decorating Contest voting"

Have fun!

I was Scrooge when I voted yesterday because I saw so many gimmick trees with DC/TJ/blue and white TJ symbol on the top...

Today is better, with many more full but not over-the-top trees. I found that I like a "helper" dragon or two on the tree if it looks like it is doing something. Also found that I do not mind if the tinsel covers some of the ornaments, just not covering all or dragons.

Great contest so far biggrin.gif

The trees that say 2011 annoy me because this challenge was fro Christmas 2010, not for Christmas 2011. Maybe that's just me though.

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif The one that made me laugh is the one where all the dragons and birds look like they are climbing up the tree to pounce on the little angel at the top! And they look hungry! lol!

I must be stingy... I haven't given out a single 8, much less a 10. A lot of the trees I've seen are kinda average, 4-6 or mostly empty/super crowded trees, 1-3. I've seen some trees that took some effort (for example 2 ornament dragon trees), but the most I've ever given is 7... I think I'm a mean voter...

UGH, I just saw a tree where the diagonal blue stick was positioned so that it looked like it was stuck up the silver dragon's butt. tongue.gif

I must be stingy... I haven't given out a single 8, much less a 10. A lot of the trees I've seen are kinda average, 4-6 or mostly empty/super crowded trees, 1-3. I've seen some trees that took some effort (for example 2 ornament dragon trees), but the most I've ever given is 7... I think I'm a mean voter...

Nope you're not :/ Otherwise half the voters including me are evil! xd.png

I might be a bit old fashioned, but I can't vote highly for trees that look like they are choking on their 'bling'. I like creative usage of the ornaments we were given and I like Xmas trees that still look like trees and not dumping grounds for all you stuff.

What's the point in dragging everything willy nilly on your tree? It just makes you look like you are lazy. dry.gif

I doubt that my tree will make it to the finals, but I decorated it for me and dammit I want a pretty tree.

Now back to dissecting trees wink.gif

Edited by archimedis

you aren't the only one. Been doing this for about 45 minutes and haven't seen any good ones yet. Given out a few 7's maybe a couple of 8's but a lot of average 4-5's. I try not to give out below that but the trees with nothing or everything are just not worth it!

Btw guys? Is there any "Critique tree" thread? I really want some critiques and give some aswell! I think (now that I'm reviewing mine) that I but the red/gold garland a bit too low making it look a bit out of place sad.gif

I just saw an amazing Donkey Kong tree! It was a scene from the classic arcade version, starring Nutcracker-Mario. Whoever you are, you just earned my second 10. biggrin.gif

I might be a bit old fashioned, but I can't vote highly for trees that look like they are choking on their 'bling'. I like creative usage of the ornaments we were given and I like Xmas trees that still look like trees and not dumping grounds for all you stuff.

What's the point in dragging everything willy nilly on your tree? It just makes you look like you are lazy. dry.gif

I doubt that my tree will make it to the finals, but I decorated it for me and dammit I want a pretty tree.

Now back to dissecting trees wink.gif

That's true. Much of the time I see trees that I've deemed "upchuck trees" for lack of a better term, where it looked like someone just threw ALL or most of the ornaments on to the tree. Granted, it may have been a child just trying his/her best, but still.. I also think I've got a personal grudge against garlands... If there is more than one on the tree, they tend to get a bad rating...

I started thinking about the rating system and decided that my average vote will be 5. If it doesn't make me smile or think happy thoughts, it's a 5. If it looks too sparse or too lazy, I'm ranking less than 5. That way I'm ranking something more than 2's and 3's.

After all, 1 is worst and 10 is best. Only makes sense that 5 is average.

I am partial to the trees that are silver, blue and white - maybe because that's how I decorated my tree this year - mind you, I also had a white tree.

And I like the garlands where they are layered so that they look almost like one garland - silver overlapping gold or vice versa.

I don't like the trees that have been upchucked on or that have random ornaments floating above them.

When the ornaments are placed under the tree, kind of like gifts, that's fine.

And the one's where there aren't any ornaments or only one or two? Why did they even bother submitting them??

I am partial to the trees that are silver, blue and white - maybe because that's how I decorated my tree this year - mind you, I also had a white tree.

And I like the garlands where they are layered so that they look almost like one garland - silver overlapping gold or vice versa.

I don't like the trees that have been upchucked on or that have random ornaments floating above them.

When the ornaments are placed under the tree, kind of like gifts, that's fine.

And the one's where there aren't any ornaments or only one or two? Why did they even bother submitting them??

Oh these guys are teh Evil NINJA tree decorators that want to make our eyes bleed while voting! o3o

Now that I'm rating them with the median as a 5, I've found myself giving higher votes. I'm so glad I decided to do it this way now as opposed to voting for several hours and then deciding to do this.

Does anyone every wish there were ".5's" in the voting system? Sometimes I feel like I got a tree that inbetween numbers.

Edited by Shokomon

Does anyone every wish there were ".5's" in the voting syste? Sometimes I feel like I got a tree that inbetween numbers.

Oh yeah. I think that a lot! When I get those, if it's not horrible, I vote up.

I'm disappointed in my tree sad.gif i didnt get to finish it, i wanted to take some ornaments and the gold garland off but i couldnt sad.gif

Ohh this one is pretty awesome. although I liked the pokeball tree better, but this is still a 10!

~Removed~

don't look if you dont want to

Edited by _Z_

Ohh this one is pretty awesome. although I liked the pokeball tree better, but this is still a 10!

I think you should remove the pic. sad.gif

Added:

On a more amusing note, I just came across a tree where I sat waiting for a minute, wondering if my computer was lagging and not loading all the decorations or something. Then I realized that it was fully loaded. I wish they had adding tinsel or lights because it was a pretty tree, it just left me feeling that it was unfinished...

Edited by Shalarean