TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I am having a field day viewing and voting on everyone's trees! I decided in all fairness, since creativity comes in many shapes/forms, we all have different tastes, and unique styles in how we decorate, not to vote any lower then a "5." I know everyone put in a lot of time and effort into their trees and I wish everyone the best of luck...biggrin.gif

Um what? I'm confused. How can you vote for a tree that you can't see? Am I missing something?

On your scroll is a link for voting the trees (Tree Decoration Contest voting)

Does anyone know if we will be getting back the ornaments we didn't use once the voting is over and our trees our editable again? Or will they not be editable again? I've tried to keep up with the thread but I can't remember the answer to this...

yes after its over they will unlock the trees for us

8.000 trees to judge or more???  how much time to we have to judge them all?  I dont know if I will have enough time to do this!  How I wish i could judge more then one at a time

No single person is expected to judge every single tree. And I'm sure every tree will have at least one person rate it. There is nothing to worry about~ And voting is open for a week.

*cough cough*

Okay, how do I look at trees to vote for them?

There's a link on your profile.

I don't think cluttered trees are necessarily bad, it's just when it looks like they were simply trying to get everything on without even trying to make it look good that I have a problem with. Although overall, I think I have been liking the less cluttered trees more.

You don't vote on trees from the user page. On your profile there's a link to voting.

Oh wow...I did not see that. Thanks for clearing that up.

*cough cough*

When you go to your Scroll view, there's a new link below Generate Incubator for the tree contest.

I think the hardest part might be seeing something creative and thinking it's nice, then seeing the same thing three or four more times and having to give them all the same "creativity" points (after all, the order you see the trees is random, not fair to punish the repeats you see later). That's one of the reasons I'm not giving much/any bump up for creativity - even most of the more creative ideas seem to have been repeated (with 8000+ trees and a set number of ornaments this isn't surprising).

Um what? I'm confused. How can you vote for a tree that you can't see? Am I missing something?

I think you are indeed... If you go to your scroll (the ACCOUNT page), there's a link saying Tree Decorating Contest voting. You can see trees one at a time, to vote - but you can't see whose they are.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Click here

Despite this being a tree decorating contest, I think adding things around the tree is a nice effect. It really shows they were think outside the tree /bad joke.

*cough cough*

There's a link on your scroll.

There's a link on your profile.

Oh. Well, now I feel dumb. ^.^'

Thank you very much for telling me!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Zilithandria

...That's not fair. Everyone had a button to submit their tree and I didn't.

It was VERY large, under "reset ornaments...."

It was VERY large, under "reset ornaments...."

It wasn't there, large or not.

MAYBE MY DRAGONS STOLE IT!! Or maybe they turned it invisible!! (lol xd.png)

I've been such a picky voter. But the main thing that's been getting low scores from me is when the tree is bare. I've seen one or two and honestly, anyone who didn't even put one ordiment on doesn't get high knocks from me. The best votes I've been giving are for ones that have a color scheme and are not too cluttered besides. Also admit I'm a sucker and have been voting for ones that added things under their trees, like the toy soldier and the snowglobe.

*eye roll* Yes, let's let go of the ANGER. God, seriously people.

Anyway. Moving on from childish crap.

So the trees seems to be grouped into categories - or at least that is how they are showing up for me. Groups of the crazy full ones. Groups of the almost empty ones and groups of the tastefully done ones.

I agree with those that commented before that it would be nice to have a you've voted x number of times out of x number of trees. Just to have an idea of how many we've voted on and to know how many there actually are to vote on.

EDIT:

Interesting, didn't know that voting "tickets" could expire.

Edited by forcryinoutloud

Hopefully, my tree won't get bad marks for clutter. It has a lot of ornaments, but you can clearly see the tree between them and there's a very definite pattern to their order...

It wasn't there, large or not.

MAYBE MY DRAGONS STOLE IT!! Or maybe they turned it invisible!! (lol xd.png)

mean dragons O.o

The button has been only around three days after the last ornaments has been given out, though. Did you look for it then?

I set up the bubbles as a rainbow surrounding the tree, with a few ornaments in the center. It looks better than it sounds (I hope).

*eye roll* Yes, let's let go of the ANGER. God, seriously people.

Anyway. Moving on from childish crap.

So the trees seems to be grouped into categories - or at least that is how they are showing up for me. Groups of the crazy full ones. Groups of the almost empty ones and groups of the tastefully done ones.

I agree with those that commented before that it would be nice to have a you've voted x number of times out of x number of trees. Just to have an idea of how many we've voted on and to know how many there actually are to vote on.

EDIT:

Interesting, didn't know that voting "tickets" could expire.

Honestly, I have only seen one I really liked. I have also seen two heart trees and two rainbows. Other than that they have been empty or cluttered. Oh and the arm tree biggrin.gif

I am having a field day viewing and voting on everyone's trees! I decided in all fairness, since creativity comes in many shapes/forms, we all have different tastes, and unique styles in how we decorate, not to vote any lower then a "5." I know everyone put in a lot of time and effort into their trees and I wish everyone the best of luck...biggrin.gif

you're a very kind person smile.gif

as for me - I try not to give 1s. only absolutely empty trees get 1 from me.

Wow, got a little heated in here...

I've seen so many different tree's that I really like. I've seen very simple tree's that were just lovely, and also full, extravagent tree's that were gorgeous, too. I don't think it's a matter of too much or too little that does it for me, it's the way the whole thing was put together. I've also seen some really creative, fun tree's that I really liked. Sure, there are those that looked like a tornado hit in there, and like the tree wasn't given a moments thought, and I've seen one tree with a single ornament! xd.png I vote fairly, and give whatever tree I see that's well thought out and well put together a higher score, wether it's simple, or every ornament was used. Besides, with literally thousands of tree's here in the competition, the chances of any of us winning a thing is pretty slim. lol