TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm not rating lower than 5 unless it's obvious that the tree was hastily put together or if it truly looks sloppy. I'm not big on the red and gold garland, but I appreciate the work of the spriter who did it.

So far the trees I've seen have all been wonderful - and I don't necessarily rate low for simple trees - some of them look fantastic.

Great job to all.

I wonder how fair this voting is. I mean depending on how the random tree generator generates the trees determines whos tree gets voted on. some trees maybe generated for more people than another tree. which leaves that one tree out of votes. Right? So how does it work to be fair for everyone?

I am having a field day viewing and voting on everyone's trees! I decided in all fairness, since creativity comes in many shapes/forms, we all have different tastes, and unique styles in how we decorate, not to vote any lower then a "5." I know everyone put in a lot of time and effort into their trees and I wish everyone the best of luck...

But then your scale is 5-10 as opposed to 1-10, so you are giving less room for yourself. It is up to you in the end, just pointing that out.

Oh boy, I just rated a tree where there was so much going on I couldn't even see the actual tree anymore. There was garland and streamers everywhere, lights were surrounding the tree, and the dragon/parrot treetoppers were practically drowning in baubles. Seriously! It got a 4 for effort dry.gif

Okay, are we REALLY sure that we're not able to vote on a tree more than once? Because I swear, some of these trees look EXACTLY the same and it seems highly unlikely that more than one someones would have decorations so...off - like the continuous string of lights in exactly the same spot off the tree and the dragons and just...

Did TJ say somewhere that we would absolutely only be seeing each tree once??

Okay, are we REALLY sure that we're not able to vote on a tree more than once? Because I swear, some of these trees look EXACTLY the same and it seems highly unlikely that more than one someones would have decorations so...off - like the continuous string of lights in exactly the same spot off the tree and the dragons and just...

Yes, in the OP~ He stated it there.

But then your scale is 5-10 as opposed to 1-10, so you are giving less room for yourself. It is up to you in the end, just pointing that out.

I do not expect to win, especially after hearing there are 8,000 + trees!! Besides, I am here to just have fun...wink.gif

I loved decorating my tree and I'm loving seeing all the different ones too. So a big thanks to TJ and the team for a fantastic event! Such fun biggrin.gif

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting annoyed with the garlands that cover the ornaments?

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting annoyed with the garlands that cover the ornaments?

It's not just you. sad.gif

I do not expect to win, especially after hearing there are 8,000 + trees!! Besides, I am here to just have fun...wink.gif

Oh, I didn't mean less room for you to win I mean less room for you to vote on what you like. Think about it this way. If you only rate 5-10 you can't rate on a little detail. You can't have a little added creativity get from the 9-10 because with a 5-10 scale 9-10 is a large jump. If you use 5 as the worst when 1 is the worst you are leaving yourself less room to vote on what you like.

Any body seen the one where there was so much going on that you couldn't see the tree OR the presents anymore?

I wonder how fair this voting is. I mean depending on how the random tree generator generates the trees determines whos tree gets voted on. some trees maybe generated for more people than another tree. which leaves that one tree out of votes. Right? So how does it work to be fair for everyone?

I wondered the same.

Like it said "the best 200" will be voted by TJ.... but what are the best 200?

Those with the most high rates or those with the highest average? If a tree is voted only 2 times with a 6 and a 8 for example, will it be better than a tree that got two 8 a 9 and four 5? Because the average is higher?

or the latter, because it got more high grades?

I don't get it

\\\\\

also, yes. I really DO have the feeling, I've seen several trees double

They really are different trees. At the very beginning of the event I saw my niece's tree. Later on I was sure I had her tree again. I had to look closer to see that it was a different tree and she had asked me my opinion on hers about a hundred times, so if anyone should have been able to tell right off it's me. lol Some of them just look incredibly similar.

That isn't even including if one person gets a lot of liberal voters and another gets mostly harsher voters. I guess the best way is to look at someone's voting habits, sort users into categories as the week goes on, and give each tree around equal voters in each category.

mean dragons O.o

The button has been only around three days after the last ornaments has been given out, though. Did you look for it then?

No, they're just mischievous. X3

Yes, except for one day when I didn't have the time to log in because of an unexpected trip to Dad's after getting home from the store - he wasn't sure if he'd be back in time from his appointment to let my brother in.

And before you ask, no, I couldn't use the internet at Dad's. :|

Any body seen the one where there was so much going on that you couldn't see the tree OR the presents anymore?

I have seen lots of those.

Oh, I didn't mean less room for you to win I mean less room for you to vote on what you like. Think about it this way. If you only rate 5-10 you can't rate on a little detail. You can't have a little added creativity get from the 9-10 because with a 5-10 scale 9-10 is a large jump. If you use 5 as the worst when 1 is the worst you are leaving yourself less room to vote on what you like.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I admit, I just voted two as a "1." One tree had no decorations on it and another was only garland. Pretty much, if I see an honest effort was put into decorating the tree, then they at least get a "5" rating...smile.gif

I wondered the same.

Those with the most high rates or those with the highest average? If a tree is voted only 2 times with a 6 and a 8 for example, will it be better than a tree that got two 8 a 9 and four 5? Because the average is higher?

I don't get it

\\\\\

exactly I have no clue. I would like to know.

Having been voting on trees all day (whilst doing maths questions tongue.gif) I have to say I'm starting to vote lower for trees that may be ok looking but just have no originality.

I wondered the same.

I don't get it

\\\\\

thats what I am wondering SAy we give a tree a vote of 1 yet their is an awesome one out there that many never saw and would have gave it a 10 had they had seen it.. The tree we all saw that we gave 1's to could potentially over vote the tree we would have given a 10 to had it been seen

Maybe my thought process is wrong I just wonder if all trees are beeing seen by the same amount of people or not

I've been kinda mean with the ratings I've given.

Trees that are just cluttered with pretty much every ornament: 2

Trees that look OKish, but have ornaments floating that probably shouldn't be there: 1 (Sorry)

Trees that spell something: 1

Other than that, Trees that aren't filled to the brim with ornaments, or have a nice theme I give 5+

I have yet to give a 9 or a 10, but then again I only voted on things for like 5 min.

It'd be nice to see what the rating of your tree currently is... I'd rather know people hated it than sit here wondering. Oh well, I think I'll survive.