TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

lol omg i just saw the most boring tree, but whats funny is the random placement of ornaments in the backround. my favourite tree topper is wrapped around the 8 of the rating options. purely coincidence but worth an extra point in my book.

I've seen a couple that make it looks like the birds and dragons are carrying ornaments to the tree and decorating it, I think that's a cute idea!

So are candles usually put on trees? *is not christian*

I'm not Christian either, but as I understand it from our local historical society, back before electricity was common in all households, people used candles to light the trees the way one would use the strings of lights now. Apparently, it caused quite a few house fires, but it is pretty.

Arg! After reading these comments and seeing trees I've seen I feel so bad about my tree....going into this I actually thought I stood a chance T_T

ha ha I saw the tree that someone mentioned earlier, where the tree topper dragons had the balls between their legs! xd.png Sheesh! hee hee

*Blinks* I just gave out a 10. My first 10.

The tree itself wasn't particularly fancy, a bit on the sparse side, although elegant.

The thing that put it above was the two birds assembling the Christmas lights, and the large golden topper bird arranging the Christmas balls. <3

I'm screenshotting too biggrin.gif And I just saw a tree-topper made tree sad.gif

I have to say that some users ruined a very good decorated tree putting around it flying random tree-toppers. This lowers my rate of 1, sorry.

I don't mind that if the spares have been placed in a good pattern for presentation.

If they've just been dumped, then that's different, I rate down as well.

I've seen a couple that make it looks like the birds and dragons are carrying ornaments to the tree and decorating it, I think that's a cute idea!

I loved that idea!

Has anyone seen the rainbow-themed tree? Like all the ornaments are in rainbow order from the red at the top to pink/purple at the bottom?

Whoever made it, I love it!

I thought I had a chance, but hearing what people are saying, I don't think so anymore. Although I haven't heard anyone mention using the TJ ornament as part of the tree topper yet. I used the twining silver dragon and had it holding the TJ mark in its tail, so perhaps I wont do terribly, at least.

The first chistmas trees were indeed decorated with candles. I think the original idea of having them was to symbolize the night sky.

My family still has metal tree-candle holders in the Christmas decorations box, but I've never, ever seen them used. Possibly because they weigh a ton even before you add candles and they'd never stay on the flimsy branches of the average indoor tree! tongue.gif I'm kind of grateful - burning alive in my bed had never been an ambition of mine.

Who ever made the bird on the tree out of ornaments and lights That was REally Cool!

dude i just passed that one. it took me a good minute for it to hit me what that was supposed to be xd.png.

really neat though

I loved that idea!

Mine has the Robbin at the bottom of the tree with the popcorn in it's mouth like it's pulling it from a present. I thought it was a cool idea.

I finally hit 666 posts. I dunno if I can get myself to post again any time soon...

Edited by Seriousness32

This may sound stupid but how do I vote >.<;; My friend told me I do it by going to their page but that doesnt work

ha ha I saw the tree that someone mentioned earlier, where the tree topper dragons had the balls between their legs! xd.png Sheesh! hee hee

Ha, I saw one where the western gold had the pickle between its legs! blink.gif

I'd vote my own tree a 1 if I came across it. ;_;

I've only seen a few that really stood out, but with how many have been submitted and how few I've gone through, I'm not surprised. x3 One person made their dragon smoke the little raptor, and I voted that one rather high since it made me laugh. :3

So are candles usually put on trees? *is not christian*

In Europe many people still do this. Look here for example. Here another one.

Edited by Sturmschwinge

My family still has metal tree-candle holders in the Christmas decorations box, but I've never, ever seen them used. Possibly because they weigh a ton even before you add candles and they'd never stay on the flimsy branches of the average indoor tree! tongue.gif I'm kind of grateful - burning alive in my bed had never been an ambition of mine.

Pffffft yeah, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night knowing there are lit candles on a dry tree.

Hmmm.... seeing that there are named more than 8000 trees to see and everyone voted the highest of a few hundreds (I guess), but still there are always the same trees mentioned and I've seen them as well...

I really start to wonder, if all trees are being shown the same amount

I don't mind that if the spares have been placed in a good pattern for presentation.

If they've just been dumped, then that's different, I rate down as well.

Well, I said "random" flying tree-toppers, not flying tree-toppers "with decorative purposes". If they suit to the tree I don't mind about them too. wink.gif

I've see quite DC trees, it's an obivious theme fom me, but if it's weel done I don't mind.