TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Woah. I feel like I'm being too strict in my judging. o.o I'm giving nearly all 1-4s, the random 5-6 and the rare 7. X___X

Maybe I'm too strict in my demands. xd.png

Of course, I'm also sure my tree isn't making it. xd.png But what the hey! I had fun. X3

One of the coolest tree's I've seen was a dragon made from ornaments...you could really see the design, it was well planned and original and would have gotten a very high score...but there were those ornaments over the damn button and I couldn't vote on it! sad.gif

Woah. I feel like I'm being too strict in my judging. o.o I'm giving nearly all 1-4s, the random 5-6 and the rare 7. X___X

Of course, I'm also sure my tree isn't making it. xd.png But what the hey! I had fun. X3

Your doing what I'm doing. In trying to be "fair" you end up avoiding the "10" button. But I always view ten in bad light.

I know in one football league after the match the referees were given marks out of ten points. You weren't allowed to vote ten, if you did the system automatically made it a 9 with no hesitance "because theres always room for improvements".

I never vote 10 on anything since I was told this because I had to agree.

I'm not a big fan of traditional trees... I mean, they are not real life trees, they are pixel trees and it gives one so many possibilities it would be a shame not to use them wink.gif But if something looks really stylish and elegant in the classic traditional way, I do rate it high (6-7).

8-10 I give for creativity and originality. It's so refreshing to see something unexpected after all those normal traditional trees smile.gif It's the funny and original trees that make it really worth to look at all the rest tongue.gif I'm definitely for more DC-ness and less christmas-ness smile.gif But it's only my opinion and I'm sure the classic ones will have many fans as well.

Now that sounds really nice! I haven't seen it yet though, but hopefully I'll get the chance to! smile.gif (I'm talking about the fish tree! )

Edited by MedievalMystic

Huh....I'm on the forums, and I don't recall seeing any 'tree glitch' messages anywhere. However, I checked my tree every single day, just in case that DID happen, so......yeah, I'd have to say "that's too bad." People should've been checking before it was locked. tongue.gif

I am simply gobsmacked. biggrin.gif

In this thread there are heaps, and in help there are any number of threads....

Oh well. Back to cross eyed voting !

My view on th decorections is that "yeah its nice you've made a 'I <3 DC', but this is still a tree decorating contest". If you drift from the core of decorating the tree, then it defeats the point. You can do both creative and decorat without sacrificing one for the other, so a random floating "lol" doesn't impress me at all.

Someone did a "Lol" in ornements... O_o

haha.

I personally appreciate trees that look like actual Christmas trees and not something else. tongue.gif Those that are aesthetically pleasant and look festive and though over get a 9.

I just found one where all the ornments were crammed thoughtlessly and you could hardly tell there was a tree behind them. O.o

How many trees are there? I'm voting for (since?) 2 hours. ohmy.gif

Edited by Moirah

This has been really enjoyable! Thank you TJ and spriters.

There are only two things I'd love to know: how many trees are entered and how many I've voted on so far . . . rolleyes.gif

I'm really enjoying myself biggrin.gif BTW, I do give extra points for trees that make me smile cool.gif

Sounds about right, I hardly gave anything above a 5....

Is it possible to vote ALL trees, so you won't be allowed to vote anymore? Just curious.

Hahaha, this is how I'm rating:

1= You put nothing on your tree at all

2 = You either vomited ornaments on it or put one or two ornaments on it

3-4 = Some vomit with random clumps or barely any ornaments

5 = Ohhey, you know how to organize and it's decent all around

6-7 = Color scheme, it's organized, I like it

8-9 = Creativity and wow factor, or just a really awesome traditional tree

10 = OMG!

Anyone know how many trees were submitted? I want to try and vote on ALL the trees.

I don't know the exact number, but there are many, many trees. o.o.

Found one where the horn was blowing bubbles and there was a bird holding booties for the nutcracker and angel. Yay Mr. Stork!!! <3333

Anyone else feel disappointed when a nicely decorated tree is "pulled down" because spare ornaments and toys got cluttered completely randomly around the base? I'm not talking about trees where the toys have been placed with care, but ones where toys/sweets/etc. look like they're floating on top of the presents and overlapping corners and edges.

This contest is so much fun. I hope we do it again next year :3. I'm not very creative when it comes to these kind of things so I doubt my tree is going to earn me anything but I'm having fun voting for other peoples trees. Some of them are really creative and some are just plain gorgeous. Going back to voting now smile.gif

Anyone else feel disappointed when a nicely decorated tree is "pulled down" because spare ornaments and toys got cluttered completely randomly around the base? I'm not talking about trees where the toys have been placed with care, but ones where toys/sweets/etc. look like they're floating on top of the presents and overlapping corners and edges.

I feel the same about a really nice tree with random stuff flying around the top of it too.