TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I wish we could at least 1 vote for are own tree, It'd make me feel better knowing my tree knows what I think of it lol tongue.gif

WOO! Finally, one worthy of voting 10.

But can I say wow am I feeling like I've seen the same tree over and over. I actually sat there, voted on one and was sitting there waiting for the next tree to load - took me a while to realize it had, just looked EXACTLY like the one I had just voted on.

I'm voting higher on the ones with less ornaments, more traditional, mostly because when one finally pops up it's like a break for my eyes. *snort* Some are just WAY, WAY over the top with the crazy jumble of ornaments.

So far the ones I like least are the ones that look like the tree is EATING the dragon toppers. O_o

But there are some very lovely ones. Just wish they weren't so few and far between.

oooh just came across one with a gold eastern dragon that had the velociraptor on like a scarf biggrin.gif

Was that red thing the velociraptor? I thought that it was a scarf, too, and wrapped it around my silver Western dragon's neck...

Why can't I think of anything original?! tongue.gif Oh, well, I hope mine doesn't seem cluttered or anything... but its all everyone's opinion, so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm loving all the trees that I see, whether they are cluttered or not! Most people seemed to have worked really hard on them.

I wish there was a way for us to see how our own tree is doing. Has anyone seen their own tree?

I hope mine does alright- one of the ornaments randomly shifted ~10 pixels between when I left and when I woke up, I must have gremlins xd.png

Okay, having seen it pop up on trees all over, I have to ask - what the heck is the first ornament on day 5's Fiiive golldenn thiiings theme? Because to me it looks like either part of a garlic bulb or a white boy's scrotum.

Omg seriously LOL'ed at the last part of your comment! biggrin.gif Seriously though, I have no clue, wondered about that myself.

Anyone else got the feeling that they voted on the same tree twice? O.o

I'm pretty sure I voted on this one rainbow-colored earlier.

I've been getting that feeling as well. I guess great minds think alike. wink.gif

Is there anyplace in this thread that says how many entries there are. How do we know we've voted for everyone?

Voted for a couple of trees, and I see lots with ornaments covering most of the tree. Barely any green left xd.png

This^

It's like some people took all the ornaments and put them in random places of the tree.

iv voted through a lot of these, im kind of concerned. i keep seeing the same trees twice, thrice and so on. i could swear i passed this particular tree like 6 times. lol

Edited by pyromaniacqueen

This is so much fun! I love seeing all the trees - - - great job everyone!

Okay, having seen it pop up on trees all over, I have to ask - what the heck is the first ornament on day 5's Fiiive golldenn thiiings theme? Because to me it looks like either part of a garlic bulb or a white boy's scrotum.

Little knitted baby booties/socks...white with gold trim

I really like traditional trees...I mean I get it,creativity is good...But just because somebody writes something with the tree ornaments doesn't mean the tree looks good,which is actually the main point in having this contest...I've come over some really nice trees which I voted highly (mainly with 7) even if they weren't that uncommon,but they were really nice christmas trees which could actually exist in real life...

Same here. It was an "I <3 DC" tree that I swear I've already voted on.

On another note, I just gave my first 10. It really gave me an ohmy.gif - experience, and I thought that if this one wins I definitely won't mind accepting my defeat.

I thought that once, but I took a really close look and could see differences. I think that there are some concepts out there that were just done by a number of users.

Omg seriously LOL'ed at the last part of your comment!  biggrin.gif  Seriously though, I have no clue, wondered about that myself.

... dry.gif

If you care to know, they are baby booties. And if you care to know why the artist made them, it was in memory of her little daughter who passed away because she was so small the only shoes she could wear were a pair of baby booties that had been originally knitted as a tree decoration.

Little knitted baby booties/socks...white with gold trim

Thank you! It's been driving me nuts.

Am I the only one here who likes the people who decided to take a risk and throw place everything on the tree? I put most things on my tree but I thought about it a lot. I think it just shows that I was actually there every day to collect ornaments. hmph.

I could not finish my tree because by the time the saving problem got fixed I had to travel and missed the deadline sad.gif

hmmm ... dear anonymous decorator, is it a bad sign if you use so much decoration that you don´t even have enough to decorate the rest of your tree, namely the top? .... <.< *lol* xd.png

If someone makes a symbol or uses letters in a truly lovely way, I'll give it a good score. But just writing something on the tree doesn't get as high a score from me as other trees because doing abstract tree design can be really difficult, whereas putting some plain letters up...not so much. But, like I said, if someone made the words or symbols a wow thing, then I'll rate them high.

I haven't managed to wade through all the pages of this thread to find the answer (if it's there) to whether you can view and vote on your own tree? I mean, even in mud-sucking scum-slinging politics, you're allowed to vote for yourself once.

I AGREE with all the comments about good design not necessarily meaning heaving EVERY ornament given at the tree. And I'm glad to see that others are thinking they're seeing the same trees over again.

Good luck everyone!

I just saw a tree that looked pretty awesome. All the regular ornaments were forming a "circle" around the bubbles with a dragon tree topper IN THE RIGHT PLACE! -Gives 10-

I think if this is done next year again or something similar (which I hope it will happy.gif ) I think there should definetly be at least 2 categories: Traditional and Picture/Words

Too many people are for either one of the other, giving low scores to the other "category"