TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

How can you tell ?????

Read the posts for not liking overloaded trees! laugh.gif

Mine is very full, even if I think it's done with style!

It's not a problem, different strokes for different folks. smile.gif

When I say 'overcrowded tree', I mean those on which all, or nearly all, of the ornaments have been haphazardly crammed onto the tree, including 4+ toppers and all four available wraps (lights, gold tinsel, silver tinsel, red-and-gold ribbon). To clear things up for the fearful. wink.gif

I wish I could show examples, but that's against the rules, I think. Suffice to say there's a clear difference between "author used lots of ornaments" and "author threw all available ornaments onto tree with a blindfold and called it a day". wink.gif

Edited by Azure

Haha, now when i have seen plenty of those overloaded trees, i'm sooo sad i didn't put there at least the flashing vine thing. My tree looks so empty with them! xd.png

Although, i think that almost every tree i've seen would be better with little less ornaments. I wonder if that's becouse of the difference between american and european christmas trees..? o..o

O_O

To be perfectly honest, I'm being totally harsh but there are SO many trees that just...wow. There really are no words. Between them being so overcrowded that I can't even SEE the tree to them having one, maybe two ornaments...

I've given 4 8's a 7 but no 9's or 10's yet. Lots of 1-4's.

I'm curious though - are the ones where the ornaments and stuff NOT on the tree actually meant to be that way? Like, the continuous string of lights being off to the side, the garland off to the side, the popcorn strings in a line down the page etc. Did people REALLY mean to do that or was there a major hiccup that either shifted ornaments or people were in the middle of decorating when the cut-off time came? Because if it's on purpose I just have to say...WHY?!!?

I've seen some really nice trees but I cant get over how some people just threw all the things on it >.< I've seen so many over cluttered trees its insane >.< It makes me think people didn't even try O: But there have been some "cluttered" trees that are organized and pretty smile.gif

Man, having a smartphone really changes what i do at work. I feel like I'll be rating trees all day. Yay!!!

Also...I don't want to sound like a jerk, but rating trees has made me feel better about my own. D:

Mine is also crowded, but I tried my best to keep it neat and stylish and balanced color-wise. wink.gif I like crowded and colorful trees as long as they were decorated with taste.

But WTF... trees decorated with tree toppers. >.> lots of 'em and don't make any sense.

Hehe. Draco Knight, IKR? I kind of feel much more confident with the more trees I see. xd.png

Edited by earthgirl

Seeing plain-ish trees now is making me give them a higher score >.<

I dunno why but also seeing the dragon toppers on the tree layered under lights and things bugs me O:

I think it's interesting to see all the junk people throw down under the tree with all the presents. Most of what I see is cluttered stuff, but here or there, you can tell someone tried to organize them.

Oh c'mon guys, some of us are being really really really bad with judgements laugh.gif

If people put everything on the tree, they might felt it more "personal" or whatever... or maybe they would remember when they were little children looking with magic at those awful ornaments monster covered in km of tinsel and garlands... who knows! laugh.gif

Lol, I've seen at least 20 rainbow trees. They're pretty, but... So many!

Then there's the overloaded ones, and the near empty ones, and the ones who have words in them. Not so fond of those.

My favourite so far was a simple tree, with lights and some colourful balls. Nothing too fancy, but it gave off a cozy feeling. <3

Mine is also crowded, but I tried my best to keep it neat and stylish and balanced color-wise. wink.gif I like crowded and colorful trees as long as they were decorated with taste.

I have nothing against crowded trees. I actually voted 10 for a very crowded and also very festive tree just a minute ago. There are a few crowded trees that are very stylish and beautiful. But many are just ... a mess. biggrin.gif

Lol, I've seen at least 20 rainbow trees. They're pretty, but... So many!

Then there's the overloaded ones, and the near empty ones, and the ones who have words in them. Not so fond of those.

My favourite so far was a simple tree, with lights and some colourful balls. Nothing too fancy, but it gave off a cozy feeling. <3

Well I guess that is one sort of obvious thing to do with the ornaments - and there are likely about 10,000 trees so it's not surprising to see several. I've seen loads of gold. of silver, of red and gold, of blue and silver.... one really pretty one was all green ! That was rather fine. (who are you ???? wink.gif)

I was about to make mine an overcrowded tree, but after looking at how everybody dislikes overcrowded trees, I'm happy I only used baubles.

I have nothing against crowded trees. I actually voted 10 for a very crowded and also very festive tree just a minute ago. There are a few crowded trees that are very stylish and beautiful. But many are just ... a mess. biggrin.gif

If the topper had a birdie on its head, it must've been mine. tongue.gif

If not, I've seen some nice crowded trees that got high ratings from me. And even the not-so-crowded ones that kept a neat theme. wink.gif

How many people deliberately have loads of loose ornaments near the tree ? I'm never sure if they are on purpose or not...

now I'm sure I won't win xd.png the decorated trees are awesome :3

Very good work wub.gif

Just saw one tree with a star on the top made of baubles (is that the name of the round common thing?). Well, whatever... Gave this one a 9 for the originality.

Some simple ones are pretty cool.

And there are the overloaded ones that really convinced me to rate them good.

The ones I don't like I just keep a fair judgment. wink.gif

Edited by Yliah

How many people deliberately have loads of loose ornaments near the tree ? I'm never sure if they are on purpose or not...

I think they just didn't drag them far enough from the tree and didn't realize it.

I like the ones where they made it look like the dragons are helping to decorate the tree. They're so cute, I've seen like 4.

Just saw a frowny-face tree! sad.gif

The face trees in general I'm beginning to find very off-putting.

So far, I've seen overcrowded trees, near empty trees, and trees that have floating ornaments (Some on purpose, others accidental) and I really feel like I have a chance now.

Bah, my tree looks cluttered, now I'm all worried :c But I did put thought into it and I'm hoping it doesn't look bad? I think it's festive and definitely not random.

I've seen several good ones. I saw one awesome one based almost entirely on the glass baubles. I had originally tried to do that but couldn't make it come out very well, so I changed to a more classic design. This person did a great job with it. I hope they win something.

I'm downrating everything that uses the dragon tree toppers in a random place on the picture without bothering to cover up their tree holes, though. Sorry, but the dragons with giant gaping holes in them just look disturbing to me. Kudos to people who thought ahead and covered the holes with candles or something if you used them someplace other than the tree top. :-)