TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

urg *facepalm* I did a final check on my tree and it had two ornaments floating off the side, which of course I couldn't move. dry.gif Has anyone else seen empty trees? I'm assuming thwey weren't edited after the glitch but...

I have a question. I saw a tree with a sort of grapes (Mistletoe?) used like a tinsel. You could duplicate decoratings or what??? I don't understand.

I have a question. I saw a tree with a sort of grapes (Mistletoe?) used like a tinsel. You could duplicate decoratings or what??? I don't understand.

Before editing was locked, there was a link on the tree page that would give you extra lights, popcorn garland and beads if you clicked it. That's probably what you're seeing.

could be larger party vote to faster and more trees on the vote. could vote for the four trees at once.

I just got a tree with "I <3 DC" on it, seen a few similar around but I'm almost positive I've already given my vote on that particular one.

I've actually seen two trees with "I <3 DC" on it. happy.gif One was....ehhhh. But the other was pretty. I'm just not a big fan of "word trees".. =/

I wonder if these grapes were added yesterday, nope xd.png

I had only multi lights and popcorn garland(

Just curious, but should I be worried about that face-free I'm reading about? Because I'm rating the trees, and its quite close to my bedtime. biggrin.gif

Hmm, there is definetly something wrong with the trees.

Many of the objects are still on the side, and some pieces that have been edited are still there.

This needs to be sorted, another day or editing maybe?

I'm just not a big fan of "word trees".. =/

Me too... It's sorta not... too fair, I think.

lol Thanks earthgirl! smile.gif

I've seen several totally empty tree's and I actually saw a tree that had 1 ornament on it! lol I also saw an awesome tree with a dragon tree topper, and the user had created a large flag with ornaments, and it looked like the dragon was holding the flag in it's mouth...that was really cool! smile.gif I've also seen so many tree's that looked like the user just threw the ornaments on there without any real thought..

There are some pretty trees out there, I'm afraid mine is a bit too empty.. sad.gif Oh well, I wasn't really expecting to win anyway. I like simple so I like my tree, that's what matters biggrin.gif

1 - Empty tree

2 - Overcrowded in a bad way

3 - Anything with a weird face. Trees don't have faces!

4 - Floating things that don't look intentional

5 - Only one color

6 - Very planned out

7 - "Perfect" If you say it's perfect! I say it's a 7! mwahahahahaha

8 - Overcrowded in a good way

9 - Spontaneous! Random people rule the world

10 - A very, VERY fancy tree. wink.gif It can't look too planned out or not planned enough. Crowded in a good way, very exciting!

I just saw my first rainbow tree! wub.gif I was expecting to hate it, but it was really pretty.

Ooooooh, I'm looking forward to seeing the flag one you mentioned, Medieval!

Hmm, there is definetly something wrong with the trees.

Many of the objects are still on the side, and some pieces that have been edited are still there.

This needs to be sorted, another day or editing maybe?

I'm afraid that's just too bad. We all had plenty of warning, and an extra day added to allow for the glitches. People not on forum had no idea anyway and people who are here had every opportunity to check timing and make adjustments. The number of reminders that KEPT coming up when people were posting the same "oh my tree has slipped" and then posting that AGAIN when someone had already answered - so I guess they didn't bother to look to see of the last question was answered.

Pfft. I think I'm giving waaay too high scores, but no 10's. laugh.gif

most of them range from 5 to 9. I gave a 3 to an empty tree.

Edited by earthgirl

I'm afraid that's just too bad. We all had plenty of warning, and an extra day added to allow for the glitches. People not on forum had no idea anyway and people who are here had every opportunity to check timing and make adjustments. The number of reminders that KEPT coming up when people were posting the same "oh my tree has slipped" and then posting that AGAIN when someone had already answered - so I guess they didn't bother to look to see of the last question was answered.

Huh....I'm on the forums, and I don't recall seeing any 'tree glitch' messages anywhere. However, I checked my tree every single day, just in case that DID happen, so......yeah, I'd have to say "that's too bad." People should've been checking before it was locked. tongue.gif

After the contest is over will we be able to see whos trees are whos? (I still haven't bumped into the tree-face yet haha)

The overcrowded ones are starting to freak me out a little. If it looks like your ornament box threw up on your tree, yikes!

I just saw someone who put christmas lights on their dragon tree topper...

It looked really cool! I wish I had thought of that. xd.png

where do you see the trees to vote on them?

Oh i found it

Edited by Trinketguu

it really irks me when the garland is placed in the middle of the tree so that it doesn't line up with the sides of the tree. and when it's on top of the baubles. i give those 3s.

where do you see the trees to vote on them?

On your scroll. "Tree Decorating Contest Voting" smile.gif

Edit:

OMGFACETREE.

Scary. D:

Edited by aynessa

I'm not biased towards any of the designs I've seen. I've seen many lovely tree's that were really simple, and other's that used up every ornament..you can see who took the time to make their tree's look really nice, and those get the high scores from me, reguardless what route the person took! smile.gif I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's tree's, but...man, that's a lot of tree's! O.o I've been at voting most of last night and this morning...I know I've voted on a couple hundred tree's already at least! **wipes sweat**

I saw a tree whith ornaments placed like a dragon shape. Silhouette?

And also a tree with "TJ" and one with "DC" made from balls xd.png