TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

So many awesome trees~<3

The more I look at them though...the more cluttered and unoriginal mine looks xd.png. Oh well great job everyone~

Have to say my favorite as of the moment was one where the dragon tree topper had the brass instrument and was blowing bubbles out of it!~

Edited by zexion577568

Im being a hard judge on the trees, but the stuff that is left behind I am taking into mind that it may not have shown up when they submitted their trees and not judging against the unknown things that could have happened

With that said I am keeping my mind on the prize we are voting for someone to win.. I am being picky on which tree is deserving its an awesome prize and I feel it should go to the most awesome of trees

How about next year it is a house decorating contest? Trees, lights around the roof and all that? Snow men in the front yard...

How about next year it is a house decorating contest? Trees, lights around the roof and all that? Snow men in the front yard...

Seconded.

well....so far mostly the gold theme ones look okay while the silver themes look better but just a bit.

Also......So far I'm really happy to say I haven't seen a single tree that looks even close to what mine looks like happy.gif no cluttering for me yeah smile.gif

I like a fair number of the trees I pass by, though there are a few that I don't like

I think I'm going to take a break from voting now...my wrist is starting to hurt from all the hours of clicking! xd.png There are some really lovely tree's out there, and I'm having a really good time seeing all of them! I'll vote more later on this afternoon! The best of luck to everyone! smile.gif

Woah, I just saw one where absolutely everything was thrown in a concentrated amount near the middle of the tree. ohmy.gif While I do agree it does create some wow factor (and I do like how some of the ornaments are put randomly... it looks more like a real tree) it does apear a little wierd... I had to give it low marks. It kind of made my eyes burn wink.gif

Edited by saphirekestrel

Do anybody know - is it possible to vote for your own tree? ohmy.gif

I would say no, but even if you could, how many trees would you have to wade through to find it?

If my own did show up, I would try to judge it compared to the others I have seen, and it's not a 10 sad.gif

*sighs* I never win anything anyway-- its a curse- I can't summon either

like a gingerbread house, or a real house?

iv realized... i tend to rate higher when the design is colour coordinated, or it at least looks like they thought about a colour theme.

my eyes are in such a pain right now ... too many so bad trees. not so many good ones sad.gif

Edited by Bozanstvena

like a gingerbread house, or a real house?

Either, but a gingerbread house would be cool! All kinds of candy to put on and everything. If a real house, then we can have different styles of lights, wreaths and snowmen to use.

Simple trees are definitely getting higher votes from me...probably because my design was very simple, too! (And I suspect it won't get many high votes, LOL.) Also ones with intricate designs, because those clearly took a lot of thought and time.

The "kitchen sink" ones...yeah, not getting high votes from me. And there are some that look like the person just closed his/her eyes and clicked around on the screen! blink.gif Yikes!

*Mumbles* Decorating =/= tossing absolutely everything on the tree.

*Keeps voting*

hmm.. I think with the random sampling I've done so far I've got my fair voting strategy down....

I am seeing a lot of trees where it it apparent the person STARTED the event (showed up each day to collect ornaments), but then never came back to actually work on decorating the tree?? just let the ornaments pile up from the collecting stage. Those are getting 1's out of me.

Trees where it's obvious people had nicely organized the ornaments with the intent to decorate and actually started decorating some, but didn't finish working on their trees are getting low scores... it's like they gave up half way through the contest. Generally getting 1's.

There are some trees nicely done, but the person/s left random decorations scattered all over the place and such. They could have made an effort to move that stuff clear of the viewing area to get rid of the unwanted clutter that is detracting from the decorated tree. Those are getting 2's/3's depending on how much/how distracting the clutter is.

Trees where a person just tried to throw all possible ornaments into the mix... 3's/4's/5's depending on how tasteful they managed to make it look (haven't found too many that were tastefully done).

The non-cluttered, non-distracting, creative, balanced, elegant, etc. trees are where I am reserving my 6+ scores for.

So far I've only seen two trees worth a 7, but the one I voted on got a connection error and I could not get back to it to see if the vote went through or not.. sigh.

well, I've seen so many really beautiful trees! I've given lots of 10s already and admire those creative and artistic people who made them!

on the other hand I feel sad as I realize, my tree has no chances. It's accurate and eather colourful but it'll look so plain in comparison with those gorgeous and original trees...

... dry.gif

If you care to know, they are baby booties. And if you care to know why the artist made them, it was in memory of her little daughter who passed away because she was so small the only shoes she could wear were a pair of baby booties that had been originally knitted as a tree decoration.

Awwww...That breaks my heart. sad.gif I favored that ornament because I have a daughter myself, and I knew right away what it was. Deep thoughts and prayers for the artist and her baby. *hug* She is looking over her, I am sure.

*laughs*

Well...that's interesting. Just had a tree come up that only had the lights, popcorn and angel on it, and beside it is all the other ornaments shaped like a second tree.

I just saw a tree where ALL the ornaments were carelessly shoved on the tree. If the person who did that tree expected to win, well, they won't. I barely saw any good trees... All of the trees I saw had those lights except for one... The lights annoy me. X__X

on the other hand I feel sad as I realize, my tree has no chances. It's accurate and eather colourful but it'll look so plain in comparison with those gorgeous and original trees...

Yeah, me too. I put the new ornaments on the tree every day, and then when I tried to take them off it just looked too sparse, but now I'm hearing everybody likes sparse trees. My irl tree is usually saturated with ornaments, but it looks a little better because it's 3D.

So if anybody finds a tree with all the ornaments on it (well, most anyway) where none of them overlap at all (not including garlands (I used ONE), lights, strings of beads, etc.), it's mine.

Edited by ~!~

I haven't managed to wade through all the pages of this thread to find the answer (if it's there) to whether you can view and vote on your own tree? I mean, even in mud-sucking scum-slinging politics, you're allowed to vote for yourself once.

I AGREE with all the comments about good design not necessarily meaning heaving EVERY ornament given at the tree. And I'm glad to see that others are thinking they're seeing the same trees over again.

Good luck everyone!

You should be able to. The trees are presented randomly to viewers so it's possible that you could be randomly shown your own tree to vote on.

Has anyone seen the tree that has a new tree made entirely out of the decorations next to it? ohmy.gif

It's pretty epic!

iv realized... i tend to rate higher when the design is colour coordinated, or it at least looks like they thought about a colour theme.

Yes, that's a very important feature for me also. Garish =/= beautiful.

*laughs*

Well...that's interesting. Just had a tree come up that only had the lights, popcorn and angel on it, and beside it is all the other ornaments shaped like a second tree.

Saw it too! Very original made! biggrin.gif