TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Just saw a frowny-face tree! sad.gif

The face trees in general I'm beginning to find very off-putting.

Yes - me too.

I saw one that had all the ornaments, and none on the tree. Another one had the angel marrying the nutcracker, with bells and wedding guests and everything. One had a rainbow spiral. Those were some of my favorites.

I agree about the overcrowded trees--some of them just click. The decorator inexplicably found the perfect combination of a ton of stuff to make it work.

So far, I've seen overcrowded trees, near empty trees, and trees that have floating ornaments (Some on purpose, others accidental) and I really feel like I have a chance now.

I really am not sure whether I should feel optimistic or not. But I like my tree and that's what matters when all's said and done! Though I think I'm glad I can't see the scores my tree's getting - it might give me a false sense of either hope or despair! tongue.gif

guys, please would someone tell me where are the other trees?

i wanna check them out =p

Yay, I've been voting as well smile.gif I'm trying to vote like this...

1) Absolutely empty tree/almost no ornaments

2) REALLY cluttered, can hardly see the tree

3) too cluttered, but could be pretty if improved a bit

4) too cluttered, but okay

5) an okay tree

6) a cool tree

7) a really cool tree, nice design

8) a cool tree that makes me smile, I like the tree

9) beautiful tree, everything matches

10) perfect tree, no negative points

So far I got lots of too cluttered trees and okay trees xd.png

When voting I begin to feel proud of my tree too; the feeling goes away and makes place for realistic expectations when after a long session of voting I go to my tree and think "this would deserve 7-8... wait! ... :<"

Trust me, it works. wink.gif Well, very creative usage of baubles is truly uncommon, though, so I expect these to win

it's at dragcave.net/treevote

or you go to your scroll and click the button that says tree decorating contest vote or something.

The link is on your own scroll.

I just created a scheme for measuring things in for myself and thats what I've been following.

1-2 = no effort

3-4 = a bit of effort

5-6 = effort that worked

7-8 = Different from normal

9-10 = I wasn't expecting that at all

Most of the overcroweded stuff is getting a 5-6 at the most because its not been organised. But I gave 2 tree 7-8 points.

Edited by Geobreeder

On your scroll's page, there's a link right above the trophies :)

edit: ninja'd xP

Edited by Luli

I'm downrating everything that uses the dragon tree toppers in a random place on the picture without bothering to cover up their tree holes, though. Sorry, but the dragons with giant gaping holes in them just look disturbing to me. Kudos to people who thought ahead and covered the holes with candles or something if you used them someplace other than the tree top. :-)

I keep seeing dragons placed on the presents at the bottom and it makes me think, "I bought U a drgn prezent, but it asploded!"

There is a link at the top of your scroll that says Tree Decorating Contest voting.

So far I have given nothing more than an 8. The "word" trees and the single picture trees annoy me. The ones that are loaded with everything can go either way. Some people are able to pull it off and look nice. Others look like they just threw it all at the tree and wherever it landed was ok. I am voting down the ones that used almost nothing but the toppers and used all of those, also the ones that have the dragon toppers all tied up in strings and such. I guess maybe I am being too critical, but I am voting for what I like. Some of the ornaments hanging outside the tree look ok, but most I don't like because you really couldn't do that with a real tree.

Edited by purplehaze

I just saw one too overcrowded x__x

that's too much... =/ I didn't even see the anything 'green' of the tree

but there're many very good <3

hee hee I've noticed some of you mentioning running into a really scary tree..that would probably be my tree monster! xd.png I made him on purpose for two reasons...I knew noone else would make such a tree, and I wanted pure shock value...you're going along seeing all the pretty, happy tree's, all comfortable and relaxed, then...the monster pop's up! ohmy.gifWTF?? Yeah! ha ha ha ha! Hope noone has nightmares! >D

Found a tree that had 2 antennas made of popcorn and lights and made me thing of a windmill. >.>

hee hee  I've noticed some of you mentioning running into a really scary tree..that would probably be my tree monster!  xd.png  I made him on purpose for two reasons...I knew noone else would make such a tree, and I wanted pure shock value...you're going along seeing all the pretty, happy tree's, all comfortable and relaxed, then...the monster pop's up!  ohmy.gif  WTF?? Yeah!  ha ha ha ha!  Hope noone has nightmares! >D

Oh, so that one was yours... xd.png

...sorry dude. v.v

Edited by earthgirl

I just saw one too overcrowded x__x

that's too much... =/ I didn't even see the anything 'green' of the tree

but there're many very good <3

I think I just saw the one you mentioned. x_X It loaded and I said "EEP!"

EDIT:

Yeah, honestly, I'm seeing a lot of trees that show people not really putting any work into it whatsoever.....ornaments everywhere on the page instead of hidden, stuff floating slightly to the side of the tree, every ornament in existence, no ornaments...........the first one I saw that actually had a theme, I rated it higher than I probably should have, just cause I was so happy to see a tree that....actually looked like a Christmas tree! xd.png

Edited by aynessa

I don't care if I win or not. I'm proud of my tree, it fits my tastes and that's that.

Plus, I'm really liking judging these trees. There are some very original ones. And some of those creations really don't go with the tree, but that just makes it hilarious to look at. xd.png

xd.png I didn't go into this expecting to win a thing...I went into it for pure enjoyment...and just the thought of the looks on people's faces when they ran into my boy was hilarious, so I went with it! ha ha ha! If people see him and simply enjoy the sheer weirdness of it, and it breaks the monotony for a minute of the many traditionals, I'm happy! xd.png ;D

Aynessa: Exactly! xd.png

Edited by MedievalMystic

Oh my!

one has made with the ornaments a message on the tree hehe:

I

DC

@MedievalMystic - Dun worry about it. I think I gave it a 6 or a 7 for creativity. wink.gif

Lul. just saw a really interesting tree with a silver dragon that looked like it was eating the tinsel.

Awww I really liked one which wasn't too crowded with a "I <3 D.C." message, it was cute

I'm tending to give higher scores than most people are saying they are giving here unsure.gif

Can I just note, if the vote is anon, and we're reading the forums... And people are talking about their trees. Doesn't that defeat the POINT of the anon vote? Because you "learn" what to look out for. huh.gif

Found a tree that had 2 antennas made of popcorn and lights and made me thing of a windmill. >.>

I hope you don't mean mine xd.png

I don't like overcrowded and too shiny trees, but I think they'll win, oh no...

Looking at all these trees I think my own is average at its best. At least I've never seen anyone else use the candles the way I did.

I just got a tree with "I <3 DC" on it, seen a few similar around but I'm almost positive I've already given my vote on that particular one.

Edited by Ripan