TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Hm, I've seen two three faces so far. The LOL tree too.

I can't say I give any high ratings so far. No tree has been fantastic. Avarage rating if the tree is nice looking or makes me smile.

Low ratings if there is no or few ornaments, if the tree is looking like someone puked on it or if there is way to many flying things around it looking like they don't belong there.

*Edit since I just saw thre third face*

Edited by CatCreature

My tree annoys me because the garlands are on top of the ornaments. No matter how many times I tried to fix it, they still went on top. hehehehehehe

I am really more than astonished to see so many crap trees with decoration stuff flying all around...on floor on top and I don't know....

BUT I found a lot lot lot of lovely trees as well. So far I've given out 2x 9p. as highest score. And I have really fun looking at all of your trees no matter if naughty or nice smile.gif

To be fair, I think a lot of members thought that when the ornaments were outside the tree frame, they wouldn't show up. But they do still, if they were too close to the tree, and if people didn't know about the preview link, they couldn't avoid that. So I try to see through that. sad.gif

My big nitpick this year was with the garlands, though. They made the tree look much too crowded, and they didn't seem to wrap around the tree right, y'know? I have to restrain myself from giving garland-trees an automatic 4. tongue.gif

Mine wasn't a rainbow theme, exactly, I just made a rainbow out of the ornaments we had on day 1 and made some lil clouds. I don't think it looked very good, but I liked my tree topper, so. *shrugs*

I wonder if anyones seen my tree with its floating candles, the gold and silver stars on the left side.

In any case I'v seen only one 10 worthy tree, a few 8-9s, mostly 4-7s and a few 3-1s

HAHA! I got that one too. It was really cute <3

High five! That one I voted a 9, the highest yet because it was so adorable.

I just got this cute rainbow heart with a silver dragon in the middle. That looked like it had a lot of care put in.

I fear quite a few will have been people who hit the glitch and got fed up and abandoned.... Pity. After the glitch kicked in, I put ALL my unused stuff in the brown area around the edges of the scroll, JUST IN CASE !

Nah, I'm talking about the ones where it's obvious they've made an effort, but it's just... wrong. Like putting clashing colours next to each other, or using the gold and silver together so the silver looks dirty grey, or having 'lumps' of ornaments and green gaps, or arranging the big topper dragons in an inventive way, but not covering up the gaps at the bottom.

I'm not particularly artistic, but I edit a lot of graphic-heavy publications, so I'm probably a bit of a cow when presented with amateur efforts. That said, there are some stunning entries as well - they're just few and far between.

blink.gifI just saw a tree and thought Oh, only one ornament Then it loaded. It had some giant mass of ornaments sticking off the side of the tree. My brian exploded. blink.gif

EDIT:

If this is done again next year, it would be great to have an "ornament box" where you could place the ones not used, that way all the space could be used, and you would know which ones wouldn't show.
This
Edited by Mew101

ummm, ok, but I thought the whole idea was that this was a CHRISTMAS tree decorating contest? So I am doing the opposite of you. If it's obviously too DC low marks - traditional, elegant, classic Christmas, higher marks. If it shows thought and effort went into it, higher marks. If it's too simplistic or too jumbled up, lower marks.

Hehe I'm actually very glad I'm reading this smile.gif

It makes me feel I have the right to favor what I like, because other people are doing exactly the same. This way good traditional trees will get good ratings although they might seem too traditional or unimaginative to other people.

And I totally agree with 'more thought and effort, higher marks' biggrin.gif

lol yeah, some of them are mind-boggling.

I'm surprised so far I've seen 5 trees using the same theme as mine. rolleyes.gif

There are a lot of people that forgot the extra popcorns-lights-beards on the top of the tree... sad.gif

So far I've seen 3 rainbows (two bottoms-up, one actually side-ways that looked really nice) which all had high marks, and I just found one where the dragons are decorating the tree! How adorable. xd.png

So far I haven't seen any decorated like my tree. I don't know if that is good or bad...

I was very impressed with the tree that spelled "DC" with the ornaments. smile.gif

When you click your own tree, is that how it shows up to the voters? Because I'm afraid that my unused ornaments might be showing and I don't know it. I'm seeing an awful lot of floating unused stuff around other's trees.

I moved all my extra decorations outside of my scroll area, (I hope I got them all). I'm sight impaired and might have missed a few of the light colored garlands that were given extra.

I've seen people trying to do the same thing as me, but more confusingly. I like trees that are really spontaneous and random, but still thought out. Has anybody seen the one with the three ornaments like this user posted image lined up on the bottom and I think it had the two stars kinda layered on top of each other? I liked that one.

edit: But it wasn't the one with the dragons close to each other they were like sitting on the edges I think. really cool.

Edited by Finn_the_stargazer

I've seen a bunch of nearly identical silver/blue themes so far

That's what I used. sad.gif Thought my tree was actually very nice, but now I see a lot of people used the same and regret I didn't go with something else. Oh well.

So far I haven't seen any decorated like my tree. I don't know if that is good or bad...

Lol same for me, I went with a bird-ish theme, I didn't use any of the popcorn garland cause it just looked atroshish (- to the spriter who made them)

That and I didn't use any of the bulbs

Not liking any of the trees so far. Almost all of the ones I have seen have used all the ornaments and not in a pleasing way. Im hoping to see a 10 worthy tree at some point today.

I was very impressed with the tree that spelled "DC" with the ornaments. smile.gif

Me too. Until I stumbled upon the second, and the third, and the fourth one. wink.gif

But many beautiful, many creative, funny and classy trees out there. Good work, folks! biggrin.gif

I've seen people trying to do the same thing as me, but more confusingly. I like trees that are really spontaneous and random, but still thought out. Has anybody seen the one with the three ornaments like this user posted image lined up on the bottom and I think it had the two stars kinda layered on top of each other? I liked that one.

I haven't, but I wanted to ask what exactly those purple things are? I never used them because I wasn't sure of what they were. @.@

I'm kind of worried...cause I haven't heard anyone mention my tree either here or in the DC chat. I'm wondering if I got screwed cause i submitted while the glitch was on :/ If I got screwed I'm gonna be mad D:

I'm giving the silver blue themes high scores - they're lovely. Also the all-gold or gold/red themes. I kind of wish I'd gone that way myself - I did silver and white with red accents, and it just looks a bit boring now.

Not liking any of the trees so far. Almost all of the ones I have seen have used all the ornaments and not in a pleasing way. Im hoping to see a 10 worthy tree at some point today.

this sad.gif

the good ones are few and far between but when you do come across one they are epic