TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Ok im prolly really dumb but everyone is talking about a Preview page where is that?

You can only preview your own just now. I thought they were saying differently, but apparently not.

Click on your tree as normal.

you can still change it before midnight tonight

You're right - thanks!

*runs off...*

I had the same problem huh.gif but now everything is fine and I submitted my tree.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results biggrin.gif

Well, it's not shoving everything to the middle anymore, however ornaments I have well off to the side as I did not want to use them are suddenly appearing on the tree under other ornaments. >.< It's a good thing we have the preview option as I see more and more glitches every time I look - ornaments shifting slightly to overlap when they were not that way when I submitted, gaps that were not there when I submitted, ornaments that were there when I submitted NOT there in preview, ornaments that weren't there when I submitted now ARE. GAH!!!!

I think I'm just going to do one final edit and wipe my hands of the whole thing. I was all excited about the trees initially but if I have to keep editing the tree because the ornaments are doing something I did not want it takes quite a lot of the fun out of it. sad.gif

oh ok because everyone is talking about a preview link? I just dont want my tree to be all messed up but I can't find what it would look like to everyone else... I like what I have now when I click on it but is there a preview link?

Edited by majors

Yes my tree is just the way I wanted it! Nothing is moved or crazy I just hope its good enough to get me something.. If I dont win atleast I had fun with all this! smile.gif Thank You TJ and spriters for a great holiday!

I just hope when the tree's are available for viewing after midnight tonight, that anyone that runs across my tree gets a really good kick and a really good laugh out of it! lol smile.gif

I submitted my tree yesterday and I thought I saw a mention of being able to decorate it until the deadline, but no more submit button. When I went back to check today, I saw the "submit you tree" button. Was I hallucinating before or do I need to resubmit my tree?

I submitted my tree yesterday and I thought I saw a mention of being able to decorate it until the deadline, but no more submit button. When I went back to check today, I saw the "submit you tree" button. Was I hallucinating before or do I need to resubmit my tree?

If you click it it will tell you that you have already submitted--

You are NOT submitting the tree, just adding your scroll to the list, so you can continue to edit until midnight tonight,and the tree that the judges will see in the one on your scroll AT THAT POINT IN TIME!!!

I just finished with my tree. It may not win anything. It's sweet and simple. But I'm proud of it nonetheless. :]

I have to say I'm happy with my tree.

It won't win, because it's too simple, but I like it and had fun decorating it <3

And now I'm looking forward to see the other trees~

If you click it it will tell you that you have already submitted--

You are NOT submitting the tree, just adding your scroll to the list, so you can continue to edit until midnight tonight,and the tree that the judges will see in the one on your scroll AT THAT POINT IN TIME!!!

Thanks! I know I probably won't win anything because my decoration skills are lacking, but I want to at least have that outside chance!

Finally I stopped editing my tree. It´s nothing original and I don´t think I´ll win but I´m happy with it laugh.gif

Can´t wait to see others trees =)

And thanks for the preview-link, very useful =)

I'm so excited for the 20th! I hope to win at least honorable mention, but if I do (though it isn't very likely) I don't know whether I want a cb holly, or a cb black to influence and finally be able to breed my 3 purebred black dragons. Now I think it would be easier if I just don't win! blink.gif

I'm still having layering problems. The tree topper ornaments can't be layered like the other ornaments. With the other ornaments you get to choose which ornament you want to appear on top but with the tree topper ornaments the layering appears to be locked and you can't change it.

Please please please someone fix this! Today is the last day of editing and I really need to adjust the stacking of those ornaments.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but:

What if several of the top 50 (honourable mentions, 1st, 2nd, 3rd) have the same idea?

What if several of the top 50 (honourable mentions, 1st, 2nd, 3rd) have the same idea?

How do you mean ? If they all want the same dragons ? I imagine they will get them....

Then TJ chooses the one(s) that he likes best, because even if they're the same idea they won't all be exactly alike. wink.gif

(@fuzz: I believe the question was about the trees in the top 200 being all the same idea, however unlikely that is)

How do you mean ? If they all want the same dragons ? I imagine they will get them....

Same tree design.

ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Hylian Dragon